2 bd/1 bth beach bungalow, 3-min walk to beach, cafes, shops, restaurants
- English, French, vietnamese
About Elle D'Andrea
Hello! I grew up spending summers in Hampton Beach/Rye soaking up the sun, swimming in the ocean, filling my tummy with lobsters rolls, steamers, and splurging on arcade games at Funarama on the Boardwalk. I love the laid-back vibes of Pirates' Cove beach, possibly the most beautiful beach in Rye.
Elle D'Andrea purchased this House in 2018
Why Elle D'Andrea chose Rye
Rye is one of the most beautiful towns in New England. Just ten minutes from Portsmouth and one hour from Boston, Rye accounts for about eight of New Hampshire's 18 miles of coastline and is known for its tree-lined boulevards, beautiful estates, family neighborhoods, and beaches. Our beach home is in the best beach neighborhood in Rye, a five minute walk to the beach and Surf Club and a few minutes drive to Rye Harbor and Odiorne Point State Park with walking trails, biking trails, playground, picnics areas and incredible views. The Seacoast Science Center is also nearby - it's a great attraction with educational programs on the natural and environmental history of New Hampshire's seacoast, perfect for kids when a break from the beach is needed.
What makes this House unique
Spend a few days in Rye and you'll see why summers are so special here.
100% refund for cancellations more than 30 days before check-in date. 50% refund for cancellations more than 14 days before check-in date.
Amazing Cottage and Experience!
Everything about our stay here was wonderful. From initial questions, to booking, to our actual stay and then checkout, each detail was perfect. The cottage is bright, clean, and airy, tastefully decorated, and everything you could want (minus food - though there are some pantry items) - is provided. Also, the mattresses are divine!
The neighborhood was very quiet and the neighbors were so nice! We also loved the close proximity to the beach and the lovely yard to relax in before and after.
Add on to that how great the owner is, and I don't see how you could go wrong staying here. A+++ and highly recommended!
Thank you, Elle!!
Terrific beach home!
We loved our two weeks at this house, a tastefully updated cottage a few minutes walk to the beach. Owner was attentive and the house comfortable.
Absolute Gem 💎
What a gem! Felt right at home from the moment we walked in. Quiet neighborhood with very nice neighbors. Only 3 minutes walk to beach and great coffee shop with juice/fruit bowls and homemade breakfast sandwiches. Owners were very responsive to answer any questions. My grandson attended the day camp at Oridone state park which was only a few miles up the streets and loved it. Lovely yard to relax and enjoy while the kids played with their toys and bubbles. Walking the beach after dinner was so much fun! Kids played in tide pools and greeted all the pups that came our way. Portsmouth was so close we ended up making several trips😀�. All said, it was a great beach vacation and would stay again in a heartbeat!
If you get sick of sunbathing, here are some suggestions for other things to do in Rye:
• Wallis Sands Beach is 3 minutes from the house. The section of the beach is called Pirate’s Cove, named after a famous restaurant that is now the Surf Club.
• Visit Portsmouth (5 minutes away) for lots of great restaurants, music, culture, art, and shopping.
• Rent bikes and ride along Ocean Boulevard from Wallis Sands Beach to Jenness Beach. About a 5 mile ride. Or walk the 5 miles for a scenic stroll.
• Wentworth-by-the Sea in Portsmouth is worth a visit. It’s a stately and elegant hotel with a great restaurant on the water called Lattitudes.
• Boating, hiking, fishing are all available in Rye. Google for rental spots.
• On rainy days, go bowling at Bowl-a-rama or the movies at Regent Theatres where you can eat, have a glass of wine or beer while enjoying your movie.
• In the winter, go snowboarding or skiing at Gunstock, Pat’s Peak, Loon, Mt. Sunapee, which are all close to the house (under 2-hr drive).
• Go to Funarama for some old school arcade fun.
• Kids love the Science Center in town and the Children’s Museum in Dover (15-20 minutes away).
• Portsmouth has a great Farmers’ Market on Saturdays if you’re here in the summer.
• Kittery, ME is 5 minutes away if you’re a shopaholic and can’t get enough of outlet shopping. Foreside is a cool neighborhood in Kittery with lots of great shops and cafes.
OUR FAVORITE SPOTS
Here are some of our favorite spots:
Native Coffee (great coffee and smoothies)
The Golden Egg (diner run by all ladies, great breakfast)
The Urban Farmhouse (breakfast & lunch, great pancakes and grilled sandwiches)
BG’s Oysters (fun spot, sit outside, clam shack)
Rye Harbor Lobster Pound (best value for lobster and steamers, $8 a pound!)
The Ice House (lunch)
Lagos (homemade ice cream)
The Green Bean at Wentworth Marina (great salads and sandwiches and best views ever)
Longhorn’s (chain steak house, but consistently good value)
Putnam Ski and Snowboard
Summer Sessions Surf Shop
Kooks Beach Café and Shop (formerly Surf Shack)
Christine’s (home décor, Rye items)
Summer House (home décor)
Flatbreads (great pizza, salads, and drinks, tends to get very busy)
The Green Elephant (Thai, vegan, amazing)
Jumpin’ Jay’s (seafood, $1 oysters on Tuesday nights we think, check)
Row 34 (seafood, modern)
BRGR Bar (great burgers and beers)
Bario (Mexican, food not great, but cocktails are outstanding)
Raleigh (wine bar, a little fancy for Portsmouth/Rye, but cool)
Demeters (fancy steakhouse, save up for this one!)
AJ’s Pizza (best pizza on the Seacoast)
Frisbee’s Wharf, Pepperell Cove (our favorite lobster shack)
Lili’s (best breakfast pastries, croissants, muffins, etc.)