Please read the entire description before booking. THIS LISTING IS FOR THE ENTIRE HOUSE. Let’s get a dialogue going before hand.
My house has 5 bedrooms and 4.5 bathrooms. It is conveniently located in Rancho Palos Verdes. We are 2 minutes from the Trump National Golf Course clubhouse; 4 minutes from an Albertson’s; and 10 minutes from the 110 freeway. The reasons you should stay with us on is the VIEW. Sure you can spend upwards of $450/night for ONE room at our neighboring resorts hotel but why would you? You are visiting sunny LA, which means you have a car! Take the scenic route of our pristine coast line of Palos Verdes Peninsula; enjoy our sunshine and clean ocean breeze!
This place has a stunning view and is situated in a wonderful neighborhood with endless options for walking right out the front door. You can walk to a beach across the street or pick from several others just a short drive away. The owner/renter was always quick to respond through VRBO. Unfortunately, this place also came with disappointments:
1. There is no TV in this rental. You might assume there would be a TV because it is such a standard in most homes and also because you see a photo of a TV in the property pictures. The TV in the photo is still hanging but it is a prop TV.
2. You will need to be prepared to pack your house for this stay or go to the store to buy basic necessities. There were no garbage bags. Only a couple of the bathrooms had hand soap and they were full of water, not soap. The linens are inadequate. Three of the beds had only a bottom sheet and a comforter (no top sheet). There were not enough hand towels for all of the bathrooms and only 4 or 5 bath towels for the entire house! There is a beautiful viewing deck and a back patio but no furniture on either.
3. The house is dirty. There are spider webs under the beds and pubic hairs left around the toilets. The house has a lingering odor of kitty litter box. The walls need paint and the oven is so dirty you cannot cook without setting off the smoke alarm!
4. The kitchen is not adequate for meal prep. The oven is very small and has so much grease in it that is smokes badly when it is turned on. The kitchen has plates, silverware, mugs, a pan and a pot and two small cutting boards…not much else.
5. The house is not maintained. At lease ½ of the light bulbs in this place were burned out. The fan in master bedroom B didn’t work (maybe it was a dead battery in the remote). There are ants in the kitchen and baths (they are in the pipes). Every time we loaded the dishwasher, it would fill with ants. The outdoor dumpsters were overflowing when we arrived and never emptied during our 4 nt stay
6. Many stairs and inadequate furniture. No matter where you go in this house, you will need to use a set of stairs. The house has a lot of square footage but ¼ of it is in the master bedroom. The kitchen is an afterthought, small and poorly designed. There are no windows in the dining room or living area. The living room only has seating for 5. The dining room only has seating for 8. There are no extra chairs.
7. Neighbor Dogs. They bark…too much and at all times of the day and night.
This is a nice large home with a grand view of the ocean in a quiet neighborhood. The property is as described only things missing are TVs & a more efficient AC system. Upstair bathrooms and master bedroom are nice & lots of space available multiple closets. In general we had a nice time at the house maybe with the exception of having to wash all bed linens first since the pillow cases and bed linens looked like they were previously used & unchanged prior to our arrival. But we had washers & dryers downstairs & we did the laundry
Yes this property needs some thorough cleaning & a exterminator but if you are coming here for the view you got the right spot. Kitchen is well equipped & user friendly & the owners post notes to guide you on proper usage of equipment (thank you). This property gives you privacy & it's spacious has 2 car garage but all in all I will give it a 4/5
The property was just as described and pictured. The owner was very accommodating, and always got back to me quick. Probably could use more towels in the house for as big as it is, and a coffee maker. But this did not in any way take away from our stay. I would stay here again, and all of my friends and family loved it.
The property is spectacular. Looks just like the photos. There were 10 of us girls there for a girls weekend in, we are all very impressed. However we wanted to spend time on the upper outdoor terrace but there was only seating for maybe 4 people and no seat cushions on the wicker furniture. I'll agree with most of the reviewers...a little stuffy and a dining table that seats 8 in a house that accommodates 10 is a little unusual but we brought a couple of folding chairs and it all worked out. I'd definitely rent again and recommend this property to others without hesitation.
|Property Damage Protection||£82|