2 Bedrooms, 2 Bathrooms, Sleeps 4
Cancelled bookings will not receive a refund.
The only thing accurate about the listing of this property is the views of the mountain. They are amazing. However, we found the cabin woefully unprepared for a VRBO rental.
Upon arrival we found:
1. Old torn bedding and the pillows had an unpleasant smell.
2. The stove was well used and dirty. We went to get a frying pan, but it was greasy and full of old food. There was an old dirty pizza pan in the oven. There were mice droppings in the pantry.
3. The fridge and freezer were full of food. There was no room in the freezer for our food.
4. The upstairs loft had an unmade bed and a mattress leaning against the railing. Not usable.
5. The basement is a disaster area. It is under construction and dangerous.
6. Because the stove was so dirty, we were going to use the grills. However, the gas grill was filthy and there was no propane.
7. The outdoor screen doors were all ripped.
8. Construction equipment was placed on the side deck.
9. There were half full containers of soda and wine on the counters.
10. Missing outlet covers and wires hanging out of a few outlets.
11. Carpeting upstairs was dirty and stained.
12. The "office" area was a disaster.
13. Closets were full of owner's personal belongings, so there was no room for our own.
14. Toilets were dirty.
15. There was a large bottle of some unknown substance sitting on the table next to the bed.
16. Shower was unclean and had owner's personal cleaning products.
17. Dirty clothes sitting on top of washing machine.
18. The listing said that there is a hot tub; there is not.
19. The listing states that there are two showers; there is one.
20. We contacted the "helper" for this property, and left a message on her voicemail. She never returned our call.
We left the property after 2 hours instead of the three days we planned. We requested a full refund from the owners based on the condition of the property and the false and misleading property posting. After contacting the owner, he inferred that we should do some cleaning if things were too dirty.
DO NOT RENT THIS CABIN! So far, we have not even received our damage deposit back depsite several emails to the owner.
Pros and Cons
Two friends and I had a nice stay at this Polaris cabin. It was easy to find once we convinced the Brian (owner) to send us directions (he wanted to meet and guide us there, which definitely isn't necessary). Brian was easy to work with and was super accommodating when asked to make booking changes, which was much appreciated. The setting is absolutely stunning and the location couldn't be better for enjoying the hot springs up the road. A few cons: I discussed this with Brian after our stay and he said he'd change the listing, but since it hasn't been done as of today (two weeks after our stay) I want to warn other travelers that there is not a hot tub at this cabin. There is a bathtub. In a bathroom. That he's calling a hot tub. Obviously a distinct difference, and the owner is definitely aware so hopefully the listing is updated to reflect this so that other travelers are not misled and disappointed as we were. Another thing to note is that there are not two bathrooms or bedrooms in this cabin. There is one and half baths, one bedroom and a bed in a loft. The full bath is located inside of the one bedroom with only a door separating the toilet from the bedroom, but not the shower or bathtub area, so something to be aware of. The posting clearly lists two showers, which is not at all true. Also, I would not recommend this cabin for families with young children as it appeared to be partially under construction with multiple unsafe areas inside and out. Lastly, attention to detail could be better as we arrived to containers of molding food left in the refrigerator, and no instruction for handling used bedding, towels, trash, etc. upon checkout. This was a strange VRBO experience in a lot of ways but overall still very adequate and even enjoyable for our girls weekend.