The apartment is located in a typical Swiss wooden chalet.
The house is situated in a quiet hillside on the end of a closed to through traffic street.
The apartment on the top floor with a balcony offering a magnificent view of the impressive mountains and Lake Brienz.
The apartment is designed bright, friendly and individually. It offers two people plenty of space. In the living room is still a sofa bed for extra guests.
Living room and bedroom are covered and connected with a sliding door with untreated wood.
Pleasant one feels even in the living room with wood paneling. 2-burner stove, small oven and fridge. A rustic charcoal stove provides cozy warmth. The rest of the living room is heated by a modern glass radiator.
The bathroom with shower, sink and toilet has a modern radiator.
Around the house you can reach our natural garden, where you can rest and relax under the pergola
Tips for activities: - the gear steam train up the Brienz Rothorn with superb views of the lake and four thousand (Eiger, Mönch and Jungfrau)
- Experience with the steam ship (Lötschberg) a round trip on Lake Brienz
- Mi boat from Brienz to Iseltwald, from there, on the beautiful riverside path back to the hotel Giessbach, (attractive waterfalls), from there by boat to the starting point
- Hike from Giessbach the waterfalls along the 'Schweibenalp', then the restaurant Bramisegg (rustic Swiss cuisine), then the trail again to Giessbach (very romantic)
- The post bus to the 'Axalp', there hike to Hinterburgseeli, along wood carving - Sculptures
- Visit the open air museum 'Ball Mountain' with original - houses from all Swiss cantons, take it a day time, it's worth it! (Even in the rain)
- The Aare Gorge in Meiringen
- The Rosenlaui Gorge between Meiringen and great Scheidegg
- The Trümmelbach Falls near Lauterbrunnen (waterfalls in the mountain!)
- By funicular to the Reichenbach Falls in Meiringen (Sherlock Holmes)
- Driving on the 'Gelmerbahn': the steepest funicular in Europe with 106% lead (on the road to the Grimsel Pass
- Visit the cities of Bern (Klee Museum), Thun, Lucerne with its wonderful old towns
- Grindelwald Jungfraujoch, the Eiger, Mönch, the four-thousand!
- Mürren with Schilthorn
- The Alpbach gorge from Meiringen direction Reuti, again with the cable car back to Meiringen, or continue walking towards Innertkirchen and back to Meiringen
Hiking suggestions, other options: -. Many beautiful walks in the 'Hasliberg' above Meiringen, for example, with children the Dwarf or the Murmeliweg
- In the Grimsel area hike along the Oberaarsee the glacier
- Walks in Brienz: the zoo, along the quay, through interesting Oberndorf with the beautiful wood - Chalets and ......
- From Meiringen by postal bus to Grosse Scheidegg, from there on foot to First, gondola to Grindelwald by train via Interlaken back to Brienz (day trip)
- Round trip gondola Meiringen - flat plates, walk to Engstlensee, postbus to Meiringen
-About Interlaken - Beatenberg the Niederhorn by train, there several walks to beautiful panoramic location
- The 'life' in Schwanden with wooden sculptures
- Many opportunities for climbers and experienced mountaineers
- Early October, the 'Axalp Airshow' instead, a flight demonstration at Axalp above Brienz.
- Visit the drift - Suspension Bridge
- Cultural Power Station www. Grimsel electricity. ch
- In summer, the steam train to Brünig
Mountainbike and cycling proposals, kite flying: Depending on your condition, there are numerous attractive, varied and well-marked Radel and mountain bike routes, maps and information are available in the house. With the new electric bikes often no problem (rental station in Meiringen).
An absolutely flat round on paved or well-paved, quiet roads leading from Brienz to Meiringen via Unterbach and ev. Over Funtenen back (about 22 km).
Somewhat strenuous and mountainous is the Brienzerseerunde (about 42 km).
The queen stage with unique landscape impressions via Meiringen, Rosenlaui to Grosse Scheidegg down to Grindelwald, Wilderswil and Bönigen to the lake. Good physical condition required (about 90 km, -1750 huh!).
Caution: military airfield near (sometimes noisy on weekdays).
Hang gliders often start from Brienz Rothorn or from Axalp.
River rafting on the wild Lütschine or canyoning in Saxeten is thrill in the price epitomes