|Minimum Stay||7 nights|
Our historic villa is in the old city centre of Split, in the middle of the pedestrian zone Not so far from the attractions of Split's old town, with its narrow lanes and a stylish environment and. The house offers 5 bedrooms, and is ideal for 6-10 people and is only rented out as a single unit during the peak season, from Saturday to Saturday.
It has a tropical garden with a swimming pool, protected from outside views and 200 sq.m in size. You will sit on a wonderfully tiled terrace by a stone table for up to 10 people, as you look on the palms and the swimming pool in the garden. The house was entirely hollowed out and remodelled with modern technology. There is internet and satellite TV in all the bedrooms. The kitchen is luxuriously furnished with all the appliances. The entire house is fully air-conditioned. Climate control can be separately set in each bedroom. Of course, the house can also be heated in winter with the same devices. The house is good for all age groups - it is only non-ideal for large groups of young people who like to party into the evening in the garden. This is because loud music in our neighbourhood is not acceptable after 10 PM.
A description of the house's bedrooms follows, to assist you in sharing the rooms:
- Main house: 2 bedrooms on the first floor with a WC on the same level. A large bathroom with a double washbasin and double shower right underneath on the ground level. The whole ensemble makes up a single unit with an access door. The larger of the two bedrooms has a double bed and a desk, while the smaller of the two has two single beds that can either be placed apart or put together into a double bed.
- Garden: a small double bedroom with an en-suite bathroom (with WC) can be accessed from the garden, where it is on the same level. The bedroom has a somewhat narrower double bed. In front of the bedroom entrance in the garden, there is a beautiful lounge set for reading and lazing about.
- Inner courtyard:
* A double bedroom is accessible on the same level as the sunlit inner courtyard, and has its own en-suite bathroom (with WC). The bedroom has a smaller bedroom than the other bedroom, and has two single beds that can either be placed apart or put together into a double bed. In front of the bedroom, there is a small table and a stone bench, where two people can sit and read or drink coffee.
* A large double bed on the first floor is accessible over stone stairs from the sunny inner courtyard. The bedroom has large double bed, a private desk and a particularly nice en-suite bathroom (with WC). In front of the bedroom, there is a small private terrace on the first floor under a laurel tree that twists towards the beautiful inner courtyard. On this terrace, there is a table and chairs for 4 people.
Furthermore, there is a common area:
In the large kitchenette, there is a fully-equipped kitchen built in 2009 with everything that you need. If at any time some little thing is missing, we ask that you simply buy it in one of the neighbourhood stores and just leave it there when you depart. This is a small politeness for the sake of the other guests - and does not cost much.
Further on, the kitchenette has a couch set for four people in front of a large flatscreen TV with many international television programs. There is also a Bose sound system with an iPod dock. The open fireplace is only lit in winter, but all the same adds something to the ambience in summer.
You can sit around the extendible dining table on one of the very few stormy days.
The private terrace:
This covered sitting area has a view of the garden. There is a stone table, armchairs and a stone bench for 10 people. This is the communications centre of the house: meals are eaten, wine is drunk, and games and discussions are held.
This 200-sq.m area is planted with plants and spices that can be used in the kitchen. There are palm trees, a large lemon tree (please leave lemons for the other guests as well!), and many other plants.
In addition, there is a lounge set, a deck chair, and several small walls where you can sunbathe.
Our guests are mostly groups of 6-10 people:
- Large families with children that can either already swim well, or are watched around the open swimming pool
- Groups of two such families of 4-5 people each (10 or fewer people in total)
- Families with children and grandparents
- Those interested in culture, who want to see the city and partake in excursions
- Girls' groups: women of all ages who vacation once a year and enjoy the culture and excellent nightlife in Split
- Athletic groups that use the house as a base for bike tours, kayak tours on the Soca River, motorcycle tours in the surroundings and many more activities.
- And so on, and so forth - please don't be offended if I failed to mention one of our main groups of clients.
Dear Split holidaymakers, I am the owner and renter of the Varos Palm Garden Villa in Split - and would like to say a few words about me: I had a top management position in large firms and have founded a consulting firm that helps companies acquire or sell other companies. I travel a great deal with my work and see many countries and cultures. In my private life, I stay in Croatia. I have been coming to this country for more than two decades and know my way around Dalmatia very well. Over several years, I have travelled to every nook and cranny of this region by land and by sea - by sailboat, motorboat, car, motorcycle, and bike. I am delighted to be able to recommend particularly beautiful places to you.
Michael Stift purchased this villa in 2006
I bought Varos Palm Garden Villa because I fell in love with the house, the property, and the neighbourhood at first sight. The house was in a frightful shape - hardly inhabitable. I hired an architect who had previously worked with the restoration of historical monuments and had him carefully take the house apart, right down to the foundations. Then, I had him build it again, as much as possible with the old stones and true to the original design. Of course, we used the latest technology - from the wiring to the internet cables and air conditioning throughout the house, all while remaining true to the original style of the 350-year-old city house. It was a difficult process, as the house is in a part of the city where they can only be accessed on foot. All the building materials had to be transported to and from the site without a construction vehicle. You will see that everything has come together superbly: An old house with all its former charm, but with first-class quality and modern technology that remains in the background.
The special advantages of our house lie in the combination of the following attributes:
- Historic old city location only a few minutes from all the tourist attractions, restaurants, and bars
- Very peaceful location, 50 m away from the tourist thoroughfares in a peaceful corner
- Main house with two bedrooms, three other bedrooms, all separately accessible and with their own bathrooms and WCs
- A lovely, absolutely private and fully-enclosed garden with a swimming pool
- Complete child safety, given that the location can only be entered and exited via a narrow door
- Handicapped access via two ground-level bedrooms
- Well-furnished with tasteful furniture and architecture true to the original
- Internet and TVs in every room
- Beautiful covered terrace with a 10-person stone table
- Large grill on the covered terrace with shelves and washbasins
- Palm gardens with lounge furniture that are perfect for lying back and relaxing
- And so on, and so forth
The house is beautiful, has plenty of space with each bedroom having own bath room facilities.
It was immaculately clean with everything you need. The wifi was a bonus, my daughter was able to have contact with friends back home.
The pool was a godsend as it was so hot during our first week, so spent a lot of time in it. My kids loved it.
The house is situated right in the centre of Split, which is a stunning city. We enjoyed wandering around and found some excellent restaurants.
Neighbour was very friendly and we enjoyed trying to make conversation with her.
The only downside was the mosquito bites, which we all had.
Would definitely return, and would recommend to everyone.
We were a group of 8 norwegian adults who were so lucky to be able to rent Villa Varos for our mini-holiday. This house was just so great - even better than we hoped for!
5 big bedrooms with privat baths, nice kitchen and livingroom. The garden area with the pool was just so great and we spent many hours relaxing there.
The location couldn`t be better - right in the middle of the old-town and just a couple of minutes walk to the waterfront.
If you need a place to stay in Split, we would reccommend Villa Varos!
We hope to be able to come back some time, as we felled in love with the town and the house:)
As said in the title, its such a beautiful place to stay with pictures that don't do the place justice.
I couldn't have asked for a better place to stay for our week family holiday.
All rooms are a very decent size and some even with en-suite!
I would most certainly recommend this villa to a friend or family and I am considering going there again myself!
The are is a lovely little town with a fabulous tourist marker where we had lots of fun bartering with the sales men and women!
There was also a lovely little beach about a 15 minute walk from the villa with clear waters.
The property was very clean and everything was in working order, however we did have a problem with the WiFi but that was the least of our concerns on holiday!
The villa is so discreet and we were all little concerned walking down a small lane with buildings falling apart around us but when we walked through the gate we were nothing but pleased from then on!
I would recommend coming with a large group of people and renting the whole place as I don't know if I would have liked sharing with strangers.
The BBQ was also a favorite amongst my family as well as the cheap wine available in most shops around.
Food to buy in supermarkets was of a similar price to home in the UK but affordable!
We all enjoyed looking after the little kittens and cats that are also looked after and loved by the community.
About 100 meters from the villa there was also a lovely little nail salon with cheap prices.
Taxi drivers are pleasant and there is a taxi rank about 300 meters from the villa.
All in all It's a beautiful place that I recommend paying a visit too for anyone!!
Thank you very much!!!
Wir verbrachten zwei wunderschöne Wochen in Split. Das Haus ist echt genial: tolle Lage inmitten des Geschehens, nichtsdestotrotz absolut ruhig. Die Raumeinteilung ist ebenfalls gelungen (jeder hat seine Privatsphäre), die Duschen sowie alle sanitären Einrichtungen funktionieren einwandfrei. Man purzelt kurz aus dem Haus und findet bereits alles vor der Nase (Einkaufsmöglichkeiten, Restaurants, die Riva, der Markt ...). Dass man inmitten der Stadt ein Objekt mit einem total herzigen Palmengarten sowie einen erfrischenden Pool findet, ist ja wohl echt nicht die Norm und einfach genial! Die Hausbetreuung vor Ort funktioniert ebenfalls einwandfrei.
Split ist eine wunderschöne Stadt mit einem ganz speziellen Charme - dies sowie die reizende Unterkunft haben uns zwei wunderschöne Wochen geschenkt. Der Abschied fiel uns schwer und wir spielen bereits mit dem Gedanken, nächstes Jahr unsere Ferien erneut hier (also mit hier meine ich natürlich nicht nur Split sondern auch die Villa Palmgarten) zu verbringen.
Herzlichen Dank, lieber Herr Stift und herzlichen Dank auch liebe Vesna und co.
Liebe Grüsse aus der Schweiz
Marco, Eros, Diego, Ivan, Xenia, Miri und Lari
Ein fantastisches Domizil mitten in der Altstadt, und trotzdem eine Oase der Ruhe. Das Haus ist äusserst liebevoll renoviert und stilsicher eingerichtet.
Wir konnten wirklich angenehme Tage in der wunderschönen Villa mitten in Split verbringen.
Danke und liebe Grüße
Michael und Sabine
Tolles Haus mit traumhaftem Garten! Alles ist sehr geschmackvoll eingerichtet und die Duschen sind der Hit! Jeder hat seinen Privatbereich und es gibt einen großen Wohnbereich mit Küche für alle. Optimal für unseren Familienurlaub mit Omi und Opi! Fisch vom Markt holen und ab auf den Grill...das haben wir besonders genossen, und alles Schöne, was Split zu bieten hat, liegt um die Ecke. Michael, wir danken dir...auch für den guten Service! Alle Fragen und Wünsche wurden von dir immer sofort bearbeitet! ...und die Schnäpschen mit Maria hat meine Mutter sehr genossen...
Our historic villa is in the centre of the old city in the pedestrian zone near Diocletian's Palace. Everything is a short walk away: The waterfront promenade is three minutes away, as are the fish market and Diocletian's Palace - as well as the other attractions that the old city of Split, protected as a UNESCO World Heritage Site, has to offer. In spite of its central location, the house is absolutely peaceful and you can sit in the garden without being disturbed by noise or visitors.
Our house is 300 years old - however, it was completely renovated and newly built with all the modern amenities. There is a 200-sq.m garden with a swimming pool and tropical plants - a one of a kind refuge in the middle of the old city - restored in the model of the World Heritage Site - but with modern amenities - with satellite TV, internet, and modern bathrooms
Our house has five bedrooms, each for two people, as well as a beautiful living room, a fully-equipped kitchen, a covered terrace, a garden, and a swimming pool.
Our villa is perfectly suited for families who love gardens, peacefulness, and the privacy of the property - right in the middle of the old city. It is less-well suited for groups of young people who want to play music and party in the house. This is because our house is in a peaceful part of the old city and very loud music is frowned upon after 10 PM.
|Fees||No additional mandatory fees|
Es finden bis zu 10 Personen bequem Platz (5 Schlafzimmer für je 2 Personen, jeweils mit Badezimmer inklusive Toilette).
Das Haus kann in den Hauptsaisonen nur als Ganzes - und von Samstag bis Samstag - gemietet werden.
In der Nebensaison (1. November bis 31.März) - und nach spezieller Vereinbarung - können auch Teile des Hauses gemietet werden. Der Preis wird dann pro Person berechnet
Sie bezahlen 25% des Mietpreises bei Buchung per Banküberweisung - und den Rest entweder kurz vor Anreise per Banküberweisung oder bei Ankunft in der Villa direkt bei Schlüsselübergabe.