|Minimum Stay||4 nights|
Your booking will be backed by our Book with Confidence Guarantee when you complete your reservation online and finalise payment on HomeAway.Learn more
Welcome to the NH Lakes Region
Take in all that Lake Winnipesaukee has to offer with this beautiful year round home. Our property sits up above the road with breath taking views of Alton Bay. Walk right across the street and down to your Dock that can accommodate a boat up to 26’ in length. Walk less than ½ of a mile down to the Band Stand where concerts are held though out the summer on Saturday nights. There are also Shops, restaurants, a public beach, marinas, and mini golf all within walking distance.
After Sipping you coffee, hop on your boat and enjoy water activities or just anchor up at the sand bar for the day and soak up the sun. If you don’t own a boat, there are many boat rental options in the area. Alton also provides for many off the lake activities. Hiking trails, Zip line tours, mountain biking and kids activities are all within short drives or even walks! The Large Wrap around deck and fire pit make for great outdoor relaxation.
• OUTLETS – are child protected, you must remove child guards to plug in. Please reinstall after use.
• Games – Are located in the basement on the game shelf
• TOWELS – Please bring your own shower and beach towels.
• SHEETS – We provide duvet covers on the beds, please bring your own bedding for twin beds and Full size bed.
• PILLOWS – are in the 2nd floor hall closet
• HELP YOURSELF – please feel free to help yourself to the spices, condiments, plastic baggies & wraps, aluminum foil, etc.
• CUTTING BOARDS – please do not cut on counter, use cutting boards (located in kickboard drawer on right side of the dishwasher)
• TOASTER OVEN – please unplug after every use
• POTS & PANS – Please do not put the pots and pans in the dishwasher. These are hand wash pots and pans only. We double clean pots and pans before each rental.
• REFRIGERATOR- Please make sure the door is fully closed, please be sure all of your items are sealed or covered to prevent spills.
• FIRE EXTINGUISHER – is under kitchen sink.
• VACUUM – Located in the closet next to the breakfast bar.
• BROOMS – Are located in the closet next to the breakfast bar.
• TRASH – please place all trash in black bags and put in containers outside. Please be sure the tops are locked on. If you exceed the trash barrel capacity, please dispose of trash at the town dump.
There are cardboard boxes & paper bags in utility closet for paper & cardboard
There is a large plastic bin on the back porch for plastic, metal & glass
*The town of Alton, NH is very strict on sorting the recycling. Please do your best.
• HEAT – is set on manual, please turn all heat down to 45 on the day you leave
• FANS – In the 2rd floor bedroom closets. Please return fans to closets when you leave.
• WATER SHUT OFF – is in basement closet next to the bedroom, yellow handle in far left corner
• ELECTRICAL PANEL – is in the finished basement, left of basement stairs.
• WINDOWS – please close and lock if you are leaving for the day & rain is forecasted
• SLIDERS/SCREN DOORS – please keep closed when raining or leaving the house.
• GRILL – is Charcoal, Please bring your Fuel Supplies. We ask that you do not grill on the deck or dock.
• LOBSTERS/SHELL FISH – Please do not cook indoors, we ask that you grill or use camp burner located in the basement storage room.
• PATIO FURNATURE – Please keep items on the deck. Do not bring down to the dock. Please use beach chairs or bench.
• FIRE PIT - *VERY IMPORTANT* be sure fire danger is low of you’d like to have a fire. If the fire danger is high, it is illegal to open burn. Fires in the pit should be kept to small 3-4 split logs at a time.
• CHAIRS – are hanging in the basement laundry/utility room
• TOWELS – please bring your favorite beach towels if you would like to swim off dock
• DOCK LADDER – there is dock ladder off of the easterly side of the dock, please be careful as it may be slippery at times.
• ACCESS – Remember, the dock is located across the street. Use caution when crossing as cars may not stop. The stairs directly across and to the left side of the boat house lead you to our dock.
• PUBLIC SANDY BEACH– is located less than ¾ if a mile towards town. The beach is directly across the street from the old bay diner across the bridge.
• *Please only use the north side of the boathouse dock, there is an occupant in the boat house. Late night (past sun down) dock usage is prohibited unless returning on boat.*
• BOAT LAUNCH – There is a free and open to the public boat launch right as you hit Alton Bay. Daytime truck and trailer parking is available. If you intend to keep your boat on the dock, please keep you trailer in the upper parking spot. Trailer parking is best in the lower landing accessed off of Spring Street.
• MAXIMUM LENGTH – Our dock is a deep water dock that can accommodate up to a 26’ Boat.
• TIE-OFFS – Please be respectful of the dock, always approach dock at no wake, use mooring whips and standard cleats to tie off. It is very important you do not use mooring whips only.
• SERVICE CENTERS – There are many marine service centers, supply centers and dealers in Alton Bay.
• MARINE FUEL – Fueling stations are located along the lake. We suggest you reference a boaters map to understand the lake and where you can fuel, dock, or use the facilities before you depart.
• THE LAKE – Lake Winnipesaukee is a large lake with countless fishing, landmark islands and inlets. It’s very important to know the lake and follow navigational aids in their entirety. Surf can swell from wind and heavy boat traffic. Be sure to stay safe and familiarize yourself with the lake and your vessel.
• THE WEST ALTON SANDBAR – There is a great sandbar located just past minge cove in Alton. A great place to pull up the boat and play water games or just relax in the sun on the clean sand. Look for a big log cabin, you will see all the boats directly out front of smalls cove.
• MARINE PATROL – We can stress enough to stay safe, follow all boating laws and formalities and, or course boat sober. The lake often has a heavy marine patrol presence. Common mistake are running after sun down without proper running lights, driving too close to other boats and not following navigational aids. In the event of an emergency, call 911 or use channel 16 on your VHF.
• M/S Mount Washington is a beautiful scenic boat ride that departs various parts of the lake including its Alton Bay dock located right next to the band stand. They also do themed cruises such as a romantic sunset dinner cruise. A great way to get out on the water! Visit for more info!
• BOAT RENTALS – There are many places to rent power boats for the day, week or weekends. Many boats require a boating license. NH offers 14 Day temporary licenses. Many rental marinas can administer a temporary pass/fail exam. Some of the many local boat rental outfits in the area:
o Irwin Marine – (603) 875 – 8848 - Alton *from our understanding, this outfit is great
o Lake Side Boat Rentals – (603) 875-5005 – Alton
o Fay’s Boat Yard – (603) 292-8000 – Gilford
o Meredith Marina – (603) 279-7921 – Meredith
*There are numerous rental outfits on the lake, the marinas above offer the pass/fail exam for the required license. The exam at the marinas is only for your two week temporary boating certificate. We suggest you take the full exam, it’s a once and done certification course. To study for the exam visit:
• There are great restaurants, activities and events happening in Alton. Many of these are in walking or boating distance.
• New for 2016! Nolan's at Sandy Point will be opening providing some of the best pizza and wood fired dishes the lakes region has to offer. They also offer signature cocktails and craft beers at their bar. less than 1/4 mile from the house!
• One of our Breakfast favorites is the Old Bay Diner, You can walk or boat and dock at the public docks just out front of the Diner. The Diner is cash only.
• Lunch is always great the Shibleys by the Pier. You can visit them by boat or the ¼ mile walk.
• Wolfeboro is just a 15 minute car ride, or a short boat ride and offers public docks. Wolfeboro is full of great restaurants and shops.
• J.P. China is good to enjoy live music and great drink, it is less than ½ mile from the house, defiantly a great lounge to walk to and from. The Rusty Moose, Near the Hannaford’s in Alton is also a fantastic dinner spot with outdoor seating and live music on Friday, Saturday and often Sunday nights.
• Down town often has something going on, Consult to see what’s happening during your stay!
Outdoor activities off the lake
• Hiking, Biking and scenery is also in full swing in the Lakes Region. There are numerous trails in the area. The town information booth located next to the band stand is great resource to find out what’s going on.
• A great moderate hike is located just a few miles away. The Mount Major trail hear is just up Mount Major Highway. This is a 2 ½ to 3 Hour hike that’s provides breath taking views from an elevation of 1786’. Don’t forget your water, and a compass.
• Gunstock Mountain Resort offers a great Zip Line Adventure (they just won Best of NH’s survey for best zip line)! They also offer scenic ski lift tours, off-road segway tours, and arial treetop adventures. All really great family or date day activities.
• Lake Winnipesaukee offers some of the best fresh water fishing. Just remember to get your temporary or yearly fishing license. The NH Fish and Game are very strict with permitting.
Audio Visual - 55" Flat screen TV
• DVD: YES
• Cable: YES, Basic
• VCR: NO
We had a great time. Walking distance to downtown was nice also.
Really enjoyed our stay on Alton Bay at the Collins'. Always a plus when your rental comes with a boat slip. Really close to free public launch. The AC in the master was a welcomed addition to the listing. The neighbors couldn't be nicer and were very helpful, as well as the owners who were available for any concerns...not that we had any! Everything about the property was well maintained.
Would highly recommend to any family wanting a nice experience on the lake. Close to amenities as well.
This property felt like it was a home not just a rental property. The view of the lake from inside the house and from the deck was a delight any time of day. We were close to everything one would want or need.The dock was a great place to hangout. Plenty of room for the sunfish and a couple of kayaks that we brought. Also swimming off the dock in the clean clear warm water was amazing and had a feel of privacy on a very populated lake. The landlord was very accommodating and as Tennant landlord relationship it could not have been a better experience.
Overall this home was fantastic! It has a great view overlooking the lake with nearby dock access. Parking in front allowed us to easily unload the kayaks and parking in back allowed us to easily unpack the cars upon arrival. The home was extremely spacious, clean and contained many of the items we forgot! The home is only a few miles from Mount Major, live music and great fishing spots. The owner was extremely prompt in answering all questions and was even kind enough to offer suggestions on activities to do when the whether was rainy. Additionally, the house is within walking distance of boat, jet skis and paddle board rental areas. The highway can be noisy during the day with the windows open, however we spent most of our time on the water. Also, the one bathroom worked just fine with 6 people however, I would suggest to bring an extra mirror if possible. Lastly, the fans provided and temp drops at night allowed for cool sleeping despite no AC. I would certainly recommend this house to anyone!
My family and I just spent a week at this property. The accommodations were great and the location was perfect for day trips to surrounding locations or spending time on the water. We had never vacationed in this area of NH before and had not spent any time on Lake Winnipesaukee. The property owner provided us with all the information we needed to know about the lake and surrounding areas. He was available both before and during our stay to answer any questions we had about the property, the lake or any other misc. items.
Docking the boat here was easy and provided a great place for the kids to swim! We also took advantage of the area in front of the dock to take the kids skiing and tubing. Mornings and evenings were best when boat traffic was lightest. When we were not skiing/tubing we were exploring. The lake is vast with numerous places to visit and the views were spectacular.
This property was an exceptional value for the time we spent there!
|Rental Period||Minimum Price||Additional Nights||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event Price|
My Standard Rate
4 night minimum stay
for 4 nights
|Property Damage Protection||£81|
We will send you a rental agreement at time of booking, this agreement must be signed and returned to finalize your booking. Thanks.