About the property
- Estate8902 sqft
- Separate WC's0
- Minimum Stay1 - 3 nights
Exclusive Former Hollywood Star Vacation Estate at Hacienda de Endar
Built in the grand style of old Hollywood this California Spanish 30+- compound is nestled in the heart of the Temecula wine country. Originally built for Jack Klugman ''Hacienda de Endar'' was designed as a thoroughbred breeding and training facility. The main residence hosts five bedrooms, six baths, 74-foot long galleria and gourmet kitchen with top of the line appliances. This ranch has countless Spanish inspired features and koi pond that draw you through mature sprawling manicured grounds. Complete with pool cabana lighted tennis court 5 hole golf course and a beautiful pond.
Generously proportioned formal entertaining spaces with vaulted opened beamed ceilings and hand carved doors will leave you in awe while beautiful wood burning fireplaces thru-out the home will keep you cozy. Grand master retreat with fireplace steam shower his and hers closets and two balconies. Additionally this estate has two guest houses excellent horse facilities with show barn huge riding arenas paddocks with shelters irrigated pastures 8 Stall Mare Motel and storage areas.
- Response rate:
- Response time:
- within one hour
- Calendar last updated:
- May 26, 2018
Pool / Spa
Local Services & Businesses
Sports & Adventure Activities
Check-in: 3:00 PM
Check-out: 11:00 AM
100% refund for cancellations more than 60 days before check-in date. 50% refund for cancellations more than 30 days before check-in date. You must contact the owner directly to request cancellation.
Exactly What We Hoped For
We had an incredible time at this property! We were looking for a venue where our out of town family could stay and then hold our wedding there as well. This house was the perfect solution!
Our families had a wonderful time staying on this spacious property, enjoying the amenities and beautiful scenery! We loved having our wedding there as well - it was private, peaceful and perfect for pictures!
Dynella was easy to work with and extremely accommodating to our needs. All in all, we highly recommend this property! Thanks for helping us have an unforgettable stay!
Property Management Indifference
This is a poorly maintained property with a manager, Yvonne (Yan Li), who has shown a remarkable indifference to the quality of our stay at this property. By comparison, in past years our family has rented properties in Rancho Santa Fe and Palm Springs that were clean, beautifully maintained and well-equipped. So what went wrong here?
1. We showed up at the property as scheduled at 3:00 for the initial walk-through; their property representative showed up 1/2 hour late.
2. Only 1 television worked.
3. We paid a premium for one weeks rental. But then they charged us an additional $25 for the barbecue's propane tank. If the propane fee were paid by credit card there would have been an additional $300 fee.
4. We paid an additional $250 for propane to heat the hot tub for the week. The hot tub did not work when we arrived on the 23rd. The property maintenance guy tried to fix it on the 26th, 27th and 28th. On the 27th he was able to get heat to the hot tub, but as soon as it was turned on, the water pumped into the non-heated pool and the hot tub quickly drained. Repeated calls to Yvonne to get a professional out to fix the pump system were ignored. It was never repaired during our stay. No apology, no refund offer, no effort to fix the issue. She insisted her maintenance guy had fixed the problem (he ran a garden hose into the hot tub to refill it with cold water when it drained), and Yvonne never lifted a finger to get involved. Our family loves to use the hot tub when we get together. Too bad for us. There was obviously no effort up front to ensure it was working properly before we arrived.
5. Here are some relatively minor issues that add up when you feel like your family has been poorly treated: The kitchen was not well equipped for large groups. There was insufficient bedding for our group of 14. They left us one key to the house. The toilet in my 90 year-old mother's room did not work and two door handles came off. The windows were filthy. The floor mat in the bathroom I used was disgustingly dirty and old. The tennis court was poorly maintained with chipped and cracked concrete. The basketball hoop should be thrown out. The "golf holes" are thin green carpet on concrete, covered by patches of dirt.
I left my AppleTV there by mistake. We texted Yvonne and here is her response to us: "Our office is hours away from the rental and as explained in the agreement are not responsible for any items left behind. Thank you."
We apologize that we did not meet your expectations, it is very disappointing to our staff also that we failed to make your stay a great experience.
We already started internal review and investigations about what you have experienced,. We appreciate your input for us to improve constantly, and welcome you to visit us again in future.
Update of your Apple TV:
The staff who received your text message regarding the Apple TV further confirmed that she did inform you when she received your message, that she would instruct the on site staff to check on your Apple TV, and it was confirmed by on site staff member that it was already mailed to your house on January 10th.
If you have not receive it yet , please feel free to contact us .
Thank you and Best Regards
We stayed for the weekend for our wedding on the property. It was everything we hoped it would be. It is a huge property with so much room for activities. Highly recommended for any large group for relaxation or excitement.
We are very happy to hear that the wedding went very well and our property worked out to you and your family perfectly.
Thank you and look forward to your next visit to Temecula Wine country.
Fantastic, beautiful location
Thank you VRBO for the wonderful stay. We truly enjoy this beautiful mansion and the staffs are wonderful. We hope to do it again next year.
Thank you for your review and comments.We are glad that you like the property and enjoyed the stay.
We look forward to your next visit soon!
A beautiful house in a great location.
This is a beautiful old ranch property with extensive grounds. I loved the Spanish style and everything was clean and tidy. The house does need the plumbing looked at- very noisy in the night. And only one Tv actually works, the other three are not connected. Tennis court and swimming pool are excellent, but the golf holes are rough. Beautiful furniture and a well stocked kitchen. Close to wineries and has beautiful views- just needs a little attention to be top class.
Thank you for taking your time to make the review and comments.
We are happy to hear that you like the property and enjoyed the stay.
We appreciate your advise on plumbing issues and Every effort will be made to improve for further comfort and convenience to our guests.
thank you and look forward to your visit soon.
Could have been great!
This property could be fantastic, although a blast from the past. We were very excited to rent this for a week for a family vacation, resort style luxury in wine country, but there were many issues. On our second day ceiling in one of the bedrooms started leaking over the bed! Response to our request for repairs came 3 days later. Once fixed the ceiling in the closet in the same bedroom started leaking, getting all the clothes wet. We left a day early because the kitchen ceiling started leaking over the stove making it impossible to cook. The house needs lots of maintenance and could stand to have routine pest control. There were millions of ants, one day invading the pool house making it impossible to use for sleeping area. The inconvenience of having to continually notify people about problems and having strangers in the house made for a bad time. Not to mention the koi pond is so murky with dead fish in it , the tennis court is disgusting with bird poop all over it, the pool ques were broken & the steam shower does not work so advertising is a little misleading. I would not recommend this house until they start doing maintenance and pest control so one can enjoy their stay!
We regret to hear that the property did not work to you and your group.
We apologize for any inconvenience it may cause to you during the stay. Since It rarely rains in Wine country, therefore the sudden rain pour caused an unexpected damage to certain spots at property as well as your vacation mood.
We truly appreciate your advise and comments, a detailed inspection and maintenance check up was scheduled right after ; We are happy to inform you that further improvement was performed and completed to ensure the most comfort and enjoyment level to all of our guests.
We welcome you to come back for another visit soon!
Resorts and Casinos