* Note that the homeowner and another vacation rental are on site, in completely separate units, and may be present in shared spaces like outdoor amenities *
This historic Catskill apartment has been providing travelers with a place to stay since the late 1800's! Once known as Shady Lane Inn, this 1-bed, 1-bath unit for 2 has now been remodeled to suit all of the modern guests' needs. Enjoy complimentary breakfast, a shared pool, and the vacation rental's secluded location just minutes from town!
Bedroom: King Bed
Nestled on the second floor of the house, this historic apartment has been meticulously maintained and perfectly updated to create a modern retreat for guests! You'll enjoy amenities such as free wireless internet connection, along with on-site laundry machines, during your stay. But don't worry! This 1880's home has still maintained its nostalgic charm, helping you slow down as though you lived in simpler times.
Those who prefer privacy can make themselves comfortable in their apartment's living room, while social butterflies can mingle in the main home's common living area, boasting a sound system, plush furnishings, and floor-to-ceiling windows - that create a bright and airy atmosphere. It's the ideal place to practice yoga or play music! If your heart lies in the outdoors, find a shady spot to curl up with a good book under one of the century-old hardwood trees. There's also a screened-in porch - the perfect place to savor morning coffee and evening nightcaps.
Don't hesitate to dive into the shared pool, located just a few steps from the house! When hunger strikes, head back to your apartment for an at-home meal easily prepared in the fully equipped kitchen. You won't have to put any thought into breakfast since it comes complimentary with your stay!
End the day on a sweet note with stargazing and s'mores around the outdoor fire pit. A hot shower and king-sized bed, plus other creature comforts, will be waiting back inside to supply a peaceful night's sleep.
The beauty of the Hudson Valley lies at your fingertips while staying at this idyllic vacation rental! Nestled on 3 private acres of pastoral land, this property features a prime location within walking distance of Catskill Village's attractions, restaurants, and shops.
Bring along fishing rods for days well spent on the Catskill Creek! This area is well known for trout fly fishing. If you prefer boating, easily launch your boat from Dutchmen's Landing Park onto the 315-mile long Hudson River - home to several species of fish, including striped bass. Kayaking is also a great activity option!
Additional outdoor adventures include hiking, picnicking, and horseback riding in areas such as the Indian Head Wilderness and Kaaterskill Wild Forest. Don't miss out on seeing the 260-foot tiered Kaaterskill Falls! When snow falls, head to Hunter Mountain or Windham Mountain Resort, both located just 35 minutes away, for unforgettable memories skiing and snowboarding. The resorts also offers summer activities, such as ziplining, off-roading, and disc golf.
Located only a 10-minute walk away, the RamsHorn-Livingston Sanctuary, which the property borders, offers a chance to experience the beauty of swamp flora and fauna with hiking trails as well. Even enjoy a kayak or canoe ride down Catskill Creek!
Tour the countryside, visiting wineries such as Clermont Vineyards & Winery and Tousey Winery as you make your way through the Hudson Valley. The Hudson Valley is also known for its breweries, like Crossroads Brewing Company and Hudson Brewing Company. The Clermont State Historic Site, the Emerson Kaleidoscope, and the Olana State Historic Site are all worthy stops as well!
If you don't feel like cooking after a long day, treat yourself to a spectacular meal out at one of the farm-to-table restaurants close to the property. Fish & Game, just 15 minutes away, has been voted one of America's 100 best wine restaurants!
THE EVOLVE DIFFERENCE
Evolve Vacation Rental Network is on a mission to make vacation rental easy for guests. Every property in our network has been vetted and verified so you can book with confidence. If you have questions prior to your trip, we are happy to assist you 7 days a week. During your stay, your designated Guest Contact will be available 24/7 to help with any issues that may arise.
Key Residence Features:
- Amenities include a well-equipped kitchen, shared pool, complimentary breakfast, free WiFi, fresh linens and towels, complimentary toiletries, screened-in porch, furnished outdoor porch, outdoor fire pit, on-site laundry machines, ample driveway parking, and so much more
- Peaceful and secluded Catskill location within walking distance of Catskill Creek, Hudson River and village's restaurants, shops, and attractions such as the Contemporary Performing Art Center and Foreland, 30 minutes to Kaaterskill Falls and Wild Forest, and 35 minutes to skiing and ziplining at Hunter Mountain and Windham Mountain Resort!
- If you are traveling with more than 2 guests, check the availability of Evolve listing #421270, the other on-site 1-bed, 1-bath apartment that sleeps an additional 2 guests!
- For more photos and information about the property, please see the home's Instagram page @shadylawnhouse
- Nearest Commercial Airport: Albany International Airport - Albany Shaker Rd, Colonie, NY, (~ 43.5 miles away)
- No smoking
- No pets allowed
- No events, parties or large gatherings
- Please note that the homeowner lives on site, in a completely separate unit, and may be present during your stay
- Please note that there is another vacation rental unit on the premises, and there may be other travelers present during your stay
- Must be at least 25 years old to book
- Additional fees and taxes may apply
- Photo ID may be required upon check-in