2 Bedrooms, 1 Bath, Sleeps 4-6
Tom and Lenor Mirochna
About Tom and Lenor Mirochna
My husband Tom and I grew up in Michigan and have lived in Woodbury New Jersey for over 30 years. We love where we live, about 15 miles from our favorite big city, Philadelphia. We Love our urban area but also really enjoy the peacefulness of trees, streams and farms like we have found in the Laurel Highlands. We purchased this cabin in 2009 after one of many over-the-years road trips to visit family in Michigan.
Tom and Lenor Mirochna purchased this Cabin in 2009
Why Tom and Lenor Mirochna chose Ligonier
We affectionately (?#%$$XXX) nicknamed the cabin our 'money pit.' Many years later (it seemed like MANNNNNNY) we have completed the renovation, or what I like to call phase one. (Tom, my husband does not agree with that but I digress) We love the area and enjoy the peacefulness of the countryside. We also Love the fact that there are many things to do outdoorsy or artsy, fun shopping, a quickly improving foodie scene and must see experiences within less than an hour away- Frank Lloyd Wright's Falling Water and Flight 98 Memorial to name a couple.
What makes this Cabin unique
We like the fact that you can see many stars at night. And we like the fact that we 'unplug' a little while we are at the cabin.
please enjoy the property as you would your own home. Use the wood burning stove; firewood available in town. Please clean up soot and dirt as necessary. Room air conditioners are in windows during summer months and fans are provided to bringing the fresh air. The property backs up to a private forested conference area- peaceful and pretty. A rustic fire pit is available, situated at the top of the steep hill out side the sunroom. Use it carefully and don't fall down the hill!
100% refund for cancellations more than 60 days before check-in date. 50% refund for cancellations more than 30 days before check-in date.
Great weekend at cool cozy cabin
Perfect cabin for a getaway! Loved the rustic, whimsy decor complemented by updates that meet every modern convenience you could ask for. Check in and check out was a breeze with the key code lock.
Perfect location central to downtown Ligonier, Linn run, Idlewild, Mountain Playhouse.
We left a little ceramic teapot and magnet as we are from a pottery town which houses the World's Largest Teapot at the end of town. We thought it fit in well with your place - hope you like it.
We'll be back - thanks for sharing your special place in the mountains with us.
Joni & Mark Lowers
Chester, WV (Almost Heaven)
Thanks for your great comments! You were so easy to communicate with and I can't wait to see the teapot and magnet you left! And will check out your giant Teapot in your town:) Glad you enjoyed your getaway and got to see some of the area sights. Looking forward to hosting you again.
Lenor and Tom Mirochna
I came to the cabin for a two year anniversary/ vacation/ birthday present. The cabin was so cute and very very clean. Everything about our stay was perfect. The location was also amazing, the fact that the cabin was so close to town without being in it was perfect. And then the view from the porch was stunning as well as a perfect spot to star gaze at night!
I don't have any complaints about our stay other than for one of the steps from the back parking lot. Other than the obviously busted step I was previously warned about there was another step close to the bottom that was not nailed down, it was about three to four steps up from the bottom. I almost tripped down the length of the steps as well as my boyfriend. Very scary. I also felt bad about the fact that there was not a hamper to put the used towels and sheets in. But other than that, everything was perfect!
Also, the owners were available to answer EVERY question I had, and I had plenty of them. So, thank you so much for that! And the welcome basket was really sweet when we walked into the kitchen!
Thanks again for letting us stay for the weekend! Definitely coming back next year!
We are so happy that you enjoyed your stay at the cabin! Thanks for the very nice comments. The sense of quiet at the cabin is peaceful and we also like being so close to town and other activities. Thanks for your helpful comments, We repaired the steps, thanks for letting us know.
We welcome you back to the cabin anytime and look forward to hosting you again!
Sincerely, Lenor and Tom
We had a wonderful stay! Cabin is clean, comfortable and perfect for a relaxing weekend in the country.
Will definitely stay again whenever in the area.
Thanks for your great comments about the cabin! You and your family were wonderful guests and we appreciated your easy going communication style. Happy to host you again anytime.
Lenor and Tom
Great Getaway Cottage
The master bedroom is comfortable. The kitchen is well arranged. Cooking of meals was convenient. The pantry exchange idea was useful. The dinning/sitting room was very relaxing.
Overall, a wonderful property. Close to Fort Ligonier.
So glad you enjoyed your cabin getaway! We enjoyed hosting you and appreciate the good feedback. And glad you got a chance to experience the very interesting and historic Fort Ligonier. It is pretty amazing. You are welcome back anytime. Enjoy your summer.
Lenor and Toim Mirochna
We love it here!
This was our second stay here. It is the perfect size and location for our needs while in Ligonier. The house is cozy and rustic. I love the feelings I get from warming up my water for tea and enjoying it in the living room in front of the fire. Our family of 4 was comfortable and enjoyed our stay. Thanks Tom and Lenor!
So happy you and family enjoyed your stay at the cabin and especially relaxed during this hectic time of the year. . You were great guests and very easy to to communicate with.
You are welcome back any time.
Have a great holiday!
Lenor and Tom Mirochna
Very nice and clean. Cute.
The only negative is when you have to use the restroom in the middle of the night. Have to go downstairs. But the rooms are so cute and well decorated. Feels like home.
Thanks for your comments. Hope you enjoyed the amazing Ligonier Fort Days. That is always a great, fun weekend in October.
Glad you felt at home and enjoyed the cozy and clean cabin.
Yes, an upstairs (as well as the downstairs) bathroom would be great. We appreciate your suggestion.
We look forward to hosting you again.
Warmly, Tom and Lenor
Located in the rolling hills of Western Pennsylvania, you will see picturesque farms nestled next to soaring forests and winding creeks.
Here is a quick list of things to see and do in the area.
Lots of shopping and eateries in Ligonier about 3.5 miles away.
Within 7 miles
* Golf-Ridgeview Golf Course - Incredible view. Worth it to stop by and look. It is close to the cabin. 4 minutes, 1.4 miles
* Idlewild Children's Amusement Park and Soak Zone- voted "#1 children's park in the world-" -7 miles, 14 min
* Linn Run State Park- camping, hiking- 7 miles
* Ligonier Country Maket- Awesome Market. Crafts, produce, organic meats and produce 8-12:00 Saturdays, May -October 3 miles
* Fort Ligonier-fascinating historic fort from war of 1812. Family friendly- 4 miles Fort Ligonier Days- 3 day historic celebration. Parades, crafts, Fort Ligonier Days, one of the American Bus Association’s “Top 100 Events in America”, is a 3-day festival that commemorates the Battle of Fort Ligonier, a key engagement of the French and Indian War, fought on October 12, 1758. This outstanding outdoor festival is celebrating its 56th year in 2015.
* Children's playground- climb and play! 15 minutes
* Bowling- Wicked Googly, Ligonier, PA Retro bowling alley with food and drink. Live music most weekends. 6 minutes, 3 miles
* Southern Alleghenies Museum of Art at Ligonier Valley- world class collection, American Artists-painting, sculpture, prints. 7 minutes 3.5 miles One Boucher Lane and Route 711 South Ligonier, PA 15658
* Theatre & Movie- Diamond Theatre is Newly renovated and reopened (April 2017) New lounge chair reclining seats, New digital Laer view and sound system. Live theatre and featured movies. 6 minutes 3 miles web: diamondtheatre.com
aslo on FB
Within 20-45 minutes
Wineries and Breweries
Christian Klay Winery
Glades Pike Winery
Stone Villa Wine Cellars
Four Seasons Brewery, Latrobe, PA
* Caddie Shak-Bumper cars, mini golf, water rides Donegal, PA 26 minutes, 17 miles
* Jennerstown Raceway- 1/2 mile Asphalt oval track. Recently renovated. Family fun . Flea Market every Sunday, www.jennerstown.org 17 miles, 20 min
*Theatre- Mountain Playhouse, Pennsylvania's oldest professional stock theater and one of only twelve professional summer stock theaters remaining in the United States today , Jennerstown PA 20 minutes mountainplayhouse.com
* Flight 93 Memorial -44minutes, 30 miles
* Ohiopyle State Park- hiking, biking, whitewater rafting
45 minutes 32 miles
* Frank Lloyd Wright's architectural masterpiece- Falling Water and Kentuck Knob- 50 minutes, 34 miles
* Seven Springs Ski Resort- Skiing, water park, restaurants and year round events-37 minutes