This cozy Pickney cottage is located on Portage Lake, one of the 9 lakes on the Huron River chain. The waterfront home has a 20-foot boat dock in front of the house, with extra docks available upon request! The 2-bedroom, 2-bath vacation rental home for 6 offers 1,500 square feet just 5 minutes from Klave's Marina, 10 minutes from the Peach Mountain Observatory and 30 from Ann Arbor. Enjoy catching pike and rock bass off the dock, exploring the hiking trails and the 8-mile connection of 9 lakes.
-- THE PROPERTY --
Master Bedroom: Queen Bed | Bedroom 2: Full Bed | Family Room: Sleeper Sofa
This waterfront property offers the best of both worlds - a cozy interior living space to call home and a well-furnished outdoor living space to make the most of the great outdoors. From the hammock and fire pit to the grills, pergola, and dock, the backyard is the perfect place to enjoy the quintessential lake.
Back inside you'll have all the familiar comforts of home, including comfortable furnishings, free wireless internet access and a full washer and dryer.
Sit back and relax on the couch while a show plays on the 70” flat-screen cable TV with surround sound any time you need a break from the outdoors. Serving your travel group couldn't be more affordable and convenient when using the home's kitchen!
Fully equipped, this kitchen makes meal-prep and cleanup a breeze. Prepare delicious sides to pair with burgers cooking on the grill. The indoor dining table seats 6, or you can step out to the deck and dine al fresco.
-- THE LOCATION --
Portage Lake is prime for fishing and boating - as are all of the 9 lakes! Klave's Marina is just 5 minutes away which offers boat rentals and even sunset cruises. The Portage Yacht Club is located on the south end of the lake. The lake is good for swimming, and there is an 8-mile connection of 9 lakes.
Take a 15-minute boat cruise or 5-minute car ride to the party store and Riverside Pizzeria, or enjoy an afternoon cruise traveling the chain to the renowned "Zukey Lake Tavern" which has a balcony beach bar overlooking Zukey Lake. Take Colony Road to Darwin Road into Hell, MI. In Hell, MI you'll find the Hell Saloon, Screams Ice Cream, and Hell Hole Bar!
The quaint town of Dexter is just a 12-minute drive away from the cottage, while Brighton is 15 minutes away and home to larger stores including Costco. Howell is 15 minutes away, or you can enjoy the nightlife, shows, art and unique entertainment available in Ann Arbor 30 minutes away. For those who want to live in the fast lane, Detroit is a 75-minute drive away, while the Detroit Metropolitan Wayne County Airport is 55 minutes away.
-- THE EVOLVE DIFFERENCE --
Evolve Vacation Rental Network is on a mission to make vacation rental easy for guests. Every property in our network has been vetted and verified so you can book with confidence. If you have questions prior to your trip, we are happy to assist you 7 days a week. During your stay, your designated Guest Contact will be available 24/7 to help with any issues that may arise.
-- ADDITIONAL DETAILS --
Key Residence Features:
- Amenities include a fully equipped kitchen, private dock/boat slip, furnished deck, a pergola, outdoor dining furniture, a hammock, Adirondack chairs, a waterfront fire pit, a charcoal grill, a gas grill, umbrellas, 2 flat-screen cable TVs, Spring AIRAVE, a washer/dryer, driveway parking for 2 vehicles and more
- Excellent location right on the canal of Portage Lake! Just steps from the dock and minutes away from fantastic fishing and waterfront dining. Only 5 minutes from the marina, 30 minutes to Ann Arbor and 75 minutes to Detroit
- Nearest International Airport: Bishop International Airport - 3425 W Bristol Rd, Flint, MI 48507, ( ~ 47.6 miles)
-- POLICIES --
- No smoking
- No pets allowed
- No events, parties or large gatherings
- Must be at least 25 years old to book
- Additional fees and taxes may apply
- Photo ID may be required upon check-in