You can enjoy being in the wilderness while still having the comforts of a cabin. Forest View Camp offers a low cost alternative to a hotel room and far better amenities than a camper or tent. This is an updated original cabin which was built in 1915 & was used by Wesley Clair, one of the early road workers of the Gould Paper Company (now Moose River Plains). It is located very close to recreational activities in the Limekiln Lake State campground and abundant wilderness in the Moose River Plains. Situated in the central Adirondack region, Forest View Camp is located only 2 miles outside the town of Inlet and 12 miles from Old Forge.
Nearby activities: hike, mountain bike, day use of Limekiln campsite beach and boat launch, take a seaplane ride, horseback riding, boating, rent a pontoon boat, fishing, mountain climbing, beach activities, outdoor fire, grill out, read, relax on the front porch....
Nearby attractions & activities include the Vanderbilt's Great Camp Sagamore, the Adirondack Museum at Blue Mountain, The Wild Center at Tupper Lake, Bald Mountain trail to the Rondaxe Fire Tower, Rocky Mountain, Eagle Cliff, & Black Bear Mountain, WW Durant Lake Cruises at Raquette Lake, Big Moose Inn, The Woods Inn, Seventh Lake House, Limekiln Lake Campsite & Day Use Area beach & trails, Moose River Plains Wild Forest & Primitive Camping, Payne's Seaplane Rides at 7th Lake, Enchanted Forest Water Safari, Fulton Chain of Lakes / Old Forge Lake Cruises aboard The Clearwater, many seasonal festivals & craft shows, VIEW Arts Center of Old Forge, guided nature hikes by Gary Lee, and much, much more...
* Please bring your own sheets (2 Full and 1 Twin, extra twin and full if needed) & bath towels/toiletries
* Water is very clean, but is not treated (chlorinated) and is not for drinking (ok for showering, and brushing teeth, etc.). Please bring your own drinking water.
* The phone line is connected (local calls only please) & there is cellular service in the area
* There is a SMART TV, DVD and VHS player, but no antenna, cable or satellite
* No high speed internet service (limited cellular service available)
* Cabin will be clean when you arrive. We do not provide cleaning services so please leave cabin clean and orderly. There is a vacuum cleaner and cleaning materials on site.
* Please remove all items from refrigerator and take all of your supplies with you.