|Minimum Stay||7 nights|
This quaint Villa is perfect for one or two couples. Located right on North Carolina's largest private recreational lake: 3 miles long and 1 mile wide, with 14 miles of natural meandering shoreline. Your villa feels inviting the minute you unlock the door, with a wood burning stove fireplace that takes off the chill on cool nights. The double patio doors open to a picturesque 180-degree view of the lake and 5,000’ Toxaway Mountain beyond. Includes large flat screen TV (Roku and cable), high-speed internet, great cell phone reception (Verizon), gas/charcoal grill and 2 queen beds. Two sleeper sofas, too. This one bedroom, two bath unit is all that is required for a much needed getaway. Private dock is included. Boat, kayak and paddleboard rentals available on the lake.
At 3,010 feet in elevation, Lake Toxaway was dubbed the “Switzerland of The Americas” for its crisp mountain air, abundant greenery and natural stream fed lake. During the early 1900s, Lake Toxaway was the home and retreat for such notables as Harvey Firestone, Henry Ford, Thomas Edison, George Vanderbuilt and Henry Flagler.
You may never want to explore further than the comfort of your patio’s Adirondack chairs and wood burning chiminea… but if you do, here are a few suggestions:
• Hiking - trails to the Toxaway River and to Schoolhouse Falls brings you in touch with an explanation of why this area of North Carolina is known as The Land of Waterfalls
• Fishing - poles and a fly fishing pole are located in your villa! There are 8 species of fish in 640 acre Lake Toxaway. Rainbow and brown trout, large & small mouth bass, walleye, catfish, shell crackers & blue gill, all game fish. Fishing license can be purchased online at ncwildlife.org.
• Waterfalls – are abundant all around Lake Toxaway. The highest waterfall east of the Rockies is located just 5-miles away. Visitors can enjoy Whitewater Falls by hike or a leisure stroll along its ¼-mile paved walkway to the magnificent upper overlook.
• Golf – there are 4 golf courses to choose from within a 30-minute drive.
• Kayak & Canoe - Headwaters Outfitters offers guided or self-guided kayaking and canoe trips on the French Broad River.
• Explore - Another local attraction known for its stunning scenery is the Blue Ridge Parkway, with 469 miles of National Park roadway.
• Shop - Enjoy the quaint southern charm of local towns, such as Brevard, Cashiers and Highlands.
• Spa - What better way to let the world slip away than with an indulgent spa treatment at The Greystone Inn? Located on Lake Toxaway, just a mile across the lake from your villa.
• Boat Rentals – park a boat at your included backyard dock! Rentals available at Lake Toxaway Marine.
Owned and operated by 2nd generation of the Hart Family, Bill and Ross Hart, both living full time in Southeast Florida. Villa management is local.
Bill Hart purchased this villa in 2000
Had a great time. Villa was very nice and very clean. The kitchen and the pantry were well stocked with everything you need.
The neighbors were very friendly. The area was gorgeous and the weather was perfect. Very peaceful and Quiet.
We highly recommend Villa #6.
My husband, our small Chihuahua mix and I enjoyed Labor Day week 2015 in this villa. Lake Toxaway is truly a beautiful place. The weather was cooler than I anticipated but was great for hiking, hanging out on the dock and boating. The water was really too chilly for swimming. The villa was exactly as described and had a very well equipped kitchen compared to most rentals. I appreciated a well seasoned cast iron skillet and the large grill on the patio. The view from the patio and dock is amazing. We spent time hiking the nearby Pathertown Trails and Gorge's State Park. There are so many waterfalls in this area, it makes the hikes very rewarding. We also spent some time in Brevard and Cashiers and we rented a boat one day from Toxaway Marina which was lots of fun. We took a canoe trip with Headwater Outfitters and that was pleasant but would have been more enjoyable if the river level had been higher. It does rain in Toxaway frequently in the late afternoons but we had no problem accessing our Netflix account on the villa television. Our small dog was obsessed with watching all the chipmunks on the lawn in front of the villa. It was a very relaxing week in a beautiful setting!
Truly enjoyed this gem of a villa on Lake Toxaway. The villa was clean, well stocked, and had immaculate views of the lake. Bill, the owner, was extremely helpful in suggesting local sites to see and restaurants to visit. The villa's location served as a perfect base for all our hiking and adventures. The villa was quiet and tranquil. Nice yard out back with beautiful landscaping and the back patio was the perfect place to grill out and sit for hours. The sunsets over the lake were breathtaking. Great amenities inside the villa as well, including two bathrooms, sleeper sofas, and wi-fi to stay connected. I cannot speak highly enough of this villa and we already are making plans to return to it again!
I love this area of North Carolina ! The villa is clean, cozy and very well maintained. Especially like that there are two full bathrooms. Beautiful views of lake and mountains from patio, and long deck/walkway on the waterfront. Local manager was available and very helpful. Lots to do if you're active. Many trails for hiking, with streams and waterfalls. Also, canoeing and other water activities to choose from. Some great restaurants nearby, or take an easy drive into Brevard...great little downtown with restaurants, shops and all sorts of hidden treasures tucked down side streets. Everyone was so nice and hospitable. Will definitely be coming back to this one !
The mountains and forest are very natural with hiking trails and endless streams, falls and trout fishing.
|Rental Period||Minimum Price||Additional Nights||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly *||Event Price|
My Standard Rate
7 night minimum stay
for 7 nights
|Refundable Damage Deposit||£194.76|
|Departure Cleaning Fee||£58.43|
Your neighbors are owners. This is a very quiet and respectful community. No Pets or Smoking.
* Approximate monthly price. Actual pricing will depend on the days of the month you stay.