First-time available for rent. This beautifully maintained home is just a 5-minute walk to direct beach access and a 10-minute walk to clubs, restaurants, and shopping. Optional full air conditioning often not needed due to generous casement windows and patio doors, supplemented by wall-controlled ceiling fans, and the cooler than mainland temperatures and cool sea breezes. Set in lushly gardened grounds, this 3 BR/2 bath home with pool and hot tub is sure to make your stay a true dream.
A spacious, sunny living/dining area with cathedral ceiling overlooks the deck, pool and garden through French doors and large picture windows. Dual, strategically suspended ceiling fans with synchronized, variable speed control create a cool comfortable setting. There are a large flat-screen, "smart" TV (connected to both the Internet and satellite TV with 4K service and whole home DVR), Apple TV, and Roku (bedrooms). But if you have a media source that has an HDMI output, our HDMI switch box can deliver it to the living room 4K 55" OLED TV, or directly to any bedroom TV.
Exiting through the French doors, there is essentially a second, outdoor living room - a large covered deck, fully furnished for entertaining, and set in beautiful, lush, private garden with pond. Complete kitchen with granite counters and high-quality appliances. Outdoors, there is a full laundry, pool, outdoor shower, hot tub, and Weber gas grill.
The first-floor bedroom features two twin beds that can be combined to a king-sized bed. A large, elegant first floor bath features matching marble countertop and walk-in, glass-doored shower, with a second sliding glass patio door giving access to the outside walkway and garden.
The mirror-image second-floor bedrooms, with either a king or full-size beds, share a large, skylight-lit bath with a walk-in shower. All rooms include ample storage. All bedrooms have satellite TV with DVR capability and at least one legacy Roku box which supports HDMI.
No smoking in house.
Full access to all amenities.
• Five-minute walk to direct beach access
• Ten-minute walk to town (the harbor)
• Heated 12-foot x 24-foot pool
• Chaise lounges and umbrellas on sun deck
• 6 - 7 seat hot tub
• Bedroom 1: two twin beds, converted to one king-sized bed
• Bedrooms 2 & 3: one queen-sized bed each
• Outdoor gas grill
• Dishwasher, microwave, ice-maker and filtered water dispenser in side-by side refrigerator/freezer, Ninja blender, Mr. Coffee and French Press coffee makers, Cuisinart, Instant Pot, hand-held mixer
• Fully integrated individual or group streaming to a smartphone controllable, 3-zone, indoor/outdoor SONOS sound system
• DISH TV/Apple TV/Roku/OLED 4K TV
• All bedrooms have satellite TV with DVR capability and Roku
• High-speed Internet and Wi-Fi
• All linens including beach towels
• Dishes, glasses, utensils, and cookware, coffee maker, Cuisinart; everything you need
• Outdoor shower
• Beach chairs and umbrellas
• Non-destructive dogs, subject to prior approval
Interaction with guests
We will greet and do a walk-through orientation tour, remain available by phone, text and/or e-mail during your stay in case of difficulties, and do a post check-out inspection.
Other things to note
Weekly rentals begin and end on Thursdays.
Check-in time is 4 P.M.
Checkout by 11A.M.
A signed, seasonal short-term lease is required with booking
A security deposit of $1,250 is due before check-in, and is fully refundable after inspection of the premises following checkout.
All rentals are subject to a weekly pool/hot tub maintenance fee of $150 and a cleaning fee of $150, payable in advance.
Utilities in excess of $200 for any week will be deducted from the security deposit.
- Not safe or suitable for children (0-12 years) - Narrow walkways without handrails; pond and landscaping with large, sharp stones and other potentially dangerous objects. No pool fence.
- No smoking in house; no smoking materials discarded on grounds or decking; Town of Brookhaven law prohibits discarding cigarette butts on walkways or on the landscape.
- No flushing of dental floss or other material not classified as safe for septic systems.
- Town of Brookhaven noise ordinances in effect prohibit excessive noise disturbing neighbors.
- Not suitable for pets.
- No parties or events; maximum of 20 people in any gathering; maximum of 6 overnight occupants.
- Avoid shoes or sandals in the house to minimize sand and dirt accumulation.
- Shower using soap and washrag and remove sunscreen or other material before using pool or hot tub (outdoor shower is very near).
- Use foot shower along entry walkway to remove all sand from feet, legs and sandals before going to house; remove sand from beach chairs and store only in provided shed.
- No wearing of footwear or sharp accessories or glass or metal dishes allowed in the pool, and no jumping or diving into this 5-foot deep pool to avoid personal injury and vinyl liner damage.
- NO movement of the wall mount or of the 55" OLED, 4K TV in the living room. It is very easy to crack this incredibly thin screen.
- Downstairs bathroom shower used only with the exterior patio glass door open until exhaust fan is completed.
- Fire Island Pines is a gay-dominated and governed community which nonetheless welcomes all individuals. However, any overtly anti-gay activity or agitation is not welcome and would be grounds for immediate cancellation of the stay without refund in the event of any documented complaint.
- Garbage is collected only once weekly, with separate days for garbage, recycling, and equipment or construction debris, so it is very important not to miss a collection and to place out the appropriate waste material due for collection to avoid leaving a mess for the next occupant. Regular garbage is collected on Mondays, recycling is collected on Wednesdays, and construction debris or appliances on Thursdays. The collections are done at 6:00 A.M., so it's best to put everything out the night before. Regular garbage is placed in an opaque bag and deposited in the GREY Rubbermaid trashcan with a lid, but without wheels, in the garbage enclosure outside the front gate. It is VERY IMPORTANT to place the lid fully on this trashcan and fully raise the handles to lock it in place; otherwise animals often rip it apart and throw it all over the enclosure. Recycling goes in a TRANSPARENT plastic bag, and is placed in the GREEN Rubbermaid trashcan without a lid in the same enclosure. Accumulating recycling is stored in transparent bags in the GREY Rubbermaid trashcan with both wheels and a lid parked opposite the Weber grill.
- Appropriate bags for regular garbage and recycling are stored in the cabinet below and to the left of the sink; look hard enough and you will find them.
- No foreign liquids or other materials allowed in the pool or hot tub to preserve the pumps and filtration and safeguard personal health. Avoid swallowing water from either source. Report any contamination promptly so proper corrective maintenance can be done.
- Never leave candles burning unattended, and turn off all electrical appliances or heaters before retiring or leaving the house. This includes the clothes dryer, a source of several house fires here recently.
- Please use placemats, coasters, etc. on the glass dining table, and exercise precautions to protect the hardwood floors.
- The user manuals for all appliances are located in a white binder, located with the cook books in a cabinet above the kitchen sink.
- Use beach towels when lying on the cloth deck furniture cushions, especially when wearing sunblock or other lotions. To avoid soaked cushions that are slow to dry and foster mold growth, please move all furniture to a place near the wall of the house under the canopy when it's raining or rain is predicted.
- This is an owner-occupied house which also has other seasonal tenants, although NEITHER will be present during your stay. You will be shown the space available for storage, and the linen and other supplies available for your use. Please DO NOT touch others' or the owners' belongings. The space and supplies provided will be adequate. Notify us if this is not the case.
- The waterfalls in the pond are a mosquito abatement feature. Please turn off the waterfalls each night, using the circuit breaker switch labelled "Pond" when retiring, and turn them back on in the morning. Report any problems or significant decrease in water flow promptly so it can be corrected and the protective effects maintained.
- All light switches are labelled. Please turn off any unused lights, and all lights when retiring.
- The season housekeeper must be contacted for post check-out cleaning before checking out and before the damage deposit is refunded; her contact information is included in the full, printed version of house rules and tips provided on premises, and also available digitally.
- This and all other necessary contact information, and a more complete version of these house rules and tips will be forwarded digitally to tenants, who agree to read and adhere to the same.