Lake Huron and it's beautiful unspoiled beaches & forests in a tranquil setting
Diane & Mike
- English, German, Italian, a little Spanish!
About Diane & Mike
Our Story I met my husband 20 years ago while working in All-Inclusive resorts in the Dominican Republic. Since then, our goal was to see as much of the world as possible. Our dream was always to open a little Vacation Accommodation, giving us the opportunity to build on and share what we have learned through our travels and expectations and giving it back to our guests!
Diane & Mike purchased this Apartment in 2018
Why Diane & Mike chose Port Franks
This is an amazing area. In addition to the beautiful beaches and sand dunes, there are numerous trail systems with varying difficulty levels. We love hiking and never get tired of exploring the paths. Antique, flea and farmers markets thrive in the summer and are fun to browse. Many of the shops continue through the sleepy winter. Nature shines with eagles soaring overhead, woodpeckers, cardinals, bluejays, rabbits, squirrels, raccoons, and our resident chipmunks. Deer are often spotted, so please drive slow.
100% refund for cancellations more than 14 days before check-in date. 50% refund for cancellations more than 7 days before check-in date.
- 5 minute drive to the Beach
- 1 minute walk to the riverfront
- 4 minute drive to Sand Hills Golf Course
- 5 minute walk to Karner Blue Sanctuary featuring 3 trails from easy to difficult
- 12 minute walk to the Port Franks Community Center, also with 3 trails
- Climb the famous Sand dune
- 15 minutes to Grand Bend Beach
- 12 minute drive to the Pinery Provincial Park; entry fee (Dunes, Beaches, 10 Nature Hiking Trails, Bike Trails, Canoeing, Paddle boarding, Fishing and more)
- 20 minutes to the Huron Country Playhouse Theatre
- numerous wineries, breweries and cider houses in the vicinity
- antique markets and flea markets abound
- art studios featuring local artists with unique offerings
For the adrenaline seekers:
Parasailing, skydiving, skateboarding, jet ski & car races are all available in the area!