Experience the beauty of Georgia when you stay at 'Morgan Ridge Cottage,' a 2-bedroom, 1-bathroom vacation rental cottage in Hiawassee! This cozy home is situated in a quiet neighborhood and comfortably sleeps up to 4 guests with room for 1 more. Spend your days hiking along the Appalachian Trail, browsing antique shops, or cruising around Lake Chatuge. After all of your outdoor fun, return to your new home-away-from-home to spend quiet time with friends and family!
-- THE PROPERTY --
Bedroom 1: Queen Bed | Bedroom 2: 2 Twin Beds Additional Sleeping: Living Room Couch (Not a Pullout)
Step through the vibrant red door and into the cozy cottage featuring all of the comforts of home. Drop your bags and unwind on the comfy furnishings in the living room and watch the flat-screen TV during downtime.
Once you're settled in, start on meal preparations in the fully equipped kitchen with modern appliances. Cook some veggies on the gas grill and set the dining table for four or dine al fresco on the deck.
When you're done eating, discuss your plans and catch up with loved ones on the deck. From the comfort of the outdoor furniture, you can listen to the calming sounds of nature and enjoy beautiful views of the surrounding forest.
As eyes grow tired, tuck the kids into the two twin beds before you retreat to the master bedroom to rest your head on the soft queen bed. Wake up feeling refreshed, rinse off in the full bathroom, and get ready for another day in the Peach State.
-- THE LOCATION --
Lace up your hiking boots and hit the Appalachian Trail! The Dicks Creek Gap leg of the trail is just 15 minutes away from the cottage. Other fun hikes in the area include the High Shoals Falls Trail and Jack Rabbit Trailhead.
30 minutes away is the John C. Campbell Folk School offering a variety of events from concerts, to dances, and auctions. If you're looking for even more events, check out the Georgia Mountain Fairgrounds. You'll see entertaining concerts, the Georgia Mountain Fall Festival, and more.
Hunt for hidden treasures at the Hiawassee Antique Mall, northeast Georgia's largest antique mall. Boasting 10,000 square feet of space and 40 dealers, everyone can find what they're looking for.
When you don't feel like cooking at home, eat out at one of the delicious local restaurants in the area. Feast on barbecue at The Happy Hawg BBQ, tacos at El Cancun Mexican Restaurant, and southern comfort food at Mary's Southern Grill.
-- THE EVOLVE DIFFERENCE --
Evolve Vacation Rental Network is on a mission to make vacation rental easy for guests. Every property in our network has been vetted and verified so you can book with confidence. If you have questions prior to your trip, we are happy to assist you 7 days a week. During your stay, your designated Guest Contact will be available 24/7 to help with any issues that may arise.
-- ADDITIONAL DETAILS --
Key Residence Features:
- Amenities include a fully equipped kitchen, free WiFi, in-unit laundry machines, 3 flat-screen TVs, spacious deck with outdoor furniture, gas grill, linens and towels, and more
- Quiet Hiawassee location - Close to The Appalachian Trail, hiking, fishing, biking, watersports, John C. Campbell Folk School, Hiawassee Antique Mall, Georgia Mountain Fall Festival, shopping, antique stores, live music, events, restaurants, and much more
- Nearest Commercial Airport: Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International Airport (~121 miles away)
-- POLICIES --
- No smoking
- Pet friendly with $50 per stay fee (dogs only, under 25lbs, no large breeds including German Shepherds, Golden Retrievers, Labradors, etc.)
- There is a $50 fine for violating the pet policy
- No events, parties and large gatherings
- Must be at least 25 years old to book
- Additional fees and taxes may apply
- Photo ID may be required upon check-in
- Note that 4 guests can sleep comfortably in the bedrooms, but 1 additional guest is permitted to sleep on the couch (please inquire with Evolve)