Wake up to the sights and sounds of the Upper Sacramento River while staying at this Castella vacation rental cabin for 4! Osprey, heron and the occasional river otter can be spotted right from the cabin's covered back porch, while inside you'll find 2 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms, and numerous amenities. In addition, you'll enjoy effortless access to Castle Crags State Park, Seven Lakes Basin, and Mt. Shasta, along with Redding's attractions - there's something for everyone at this North Cali gem.
Master Bedroom: Queen Bed | Bedroom 2: Queen Bed, Full Bed
Built in 1904, this cozy cabin has been perfectly remodeled with modern touches to provide a comfortable and convenient vacation for all! Go ahead and make yourself at home in the 1,000 feet of living space before heading to the river.
Just steps away, across a well-manicured lawn, you'll find the river's edge adorned with a beach that's perfect for sunbathing and wildlife viewing! Enjoy everything from trout fishing to tubing right in the home's backyard.
As the daylight begins to fade, return to the covered porch for refreshments as the chef fires up the gas grill for an at-home barbecue. The rest of the group can whip up complementing dishes in the well-equipped kitchen, boasting essential appliances and ample counter space. Once everything is ready, savor the spread at the 4-person dining table or feast alfresco around the picnic table.
Complete the evening with a long soak in the master bathroom's clawfoot bathtub - featuring river views. Afterward, snuggle up in the living room for a movie or show on the flat-screen satellite TV that's equipped with a Nintendo Gamecube and DVD/VCR player. Bid everyone goodnight before tiptoeing to the master bedroom, furnished with a queen-sized bed. Additional guests and children will find comfortable accommodations in the second bedroom with room for 4 guests.
This charming Castella cabin features a prime location just over a mile from Castle Crags State Park! Nestled within the Shasta-Trinity National Forest, this park, offering hiking, fishing, picnicking, and more, serves as the gateway to the Castle Crags Wilderness Area, with 6,000-foot granite spires, Seven Lakes Basin, and the Shasta-Trinity Divide.
Winter sports enthusiasts will also love the home's location only 30 minutes away from Mt. Shasta Ski Park and Mt. Shasta Nordic Center! Cross-country skiing, backcountry skiing, and snowmobiling can all be enjoyed in the immediate area surrounding the property.
Trade in your skis for golf clubs come summer! You'll find 9-hole golf courses are located in Weed and McCloud, while 18-hole golf courses can be found at Mt. Shasta Resort and Lake Shastina - making it easy to enjoy your sport of choice.
You'll find plenty of restaurants, shops, and attractions in the nearby area! In Dunsmuir, satisfy cravings at Cafe Maddalena and wash it down with a cold brew at Dunsmuir Brewery. Mt. Shasta City gives way to tasty establishments such as Lilys Restaurant and Bistro 107. There are also plenty of shops and attractions in both cities as well!
THE EVOLVE DIFFERENCE
Evolve Vacation Rental Network is on a mission to make vacation rental easy for guests. Every property in our network has been vetted and verified so you can book with confidence. If you have questions prior to your trip, we are happy to assist you 7 days a week. During your stay, your designated Guest Contact will be available 24/7 to help with any issues that may arise.
Key Residence Features:
- Amenities include a well-equipped kitchen, gas grill, covered front and back porches, a picnic table, flat-screen satellite TV, Nintendo Gamecube, DVD/VCR player, free WiFi, wood-burning fireplace (available in the winter), washer and dryer, fresh linens and towels, complimentary toiletries 3 driveway parking spots, and so much more
- Peaceful Castella location on Upper Sacramento River, just 1 mile away from Castle Crags State Park, 30 minutes from Mt. Shasta Ski Park, minutes from several golf courses, and 50 minutes from Redding!
- Nearest Commercial Airport: Rogue Valley International-Medford Airport (~ 105 miles away)
- No smoking
- Pet friendly with $50 per pet, per stay fee (No pitbulls or rottweilers allowed)
- No events, parties or large gatherings
- This property comfortably sleeps 4 guests in beds, but the maximum occupancy is flexible up to 6 for groups with children
- Must be at least 25 years old to book
- Additional fees and taxes may apply
- Photo ID may be required upon check-in