|Minimum Stay||7 nights|
Welcome to Baker Acre, where you can experience Old Florida in a modern 3000 square foot home located inside an oak hammock. Amazing views, abundant wildlife, and easy access to sightseeing and fine dining all make this a great place to stay.
Baker Acre sits in an Old Florida Oak Hammock where you can spot many different kind of birds and butterflies. Humming birds have been spotted on occasion. Deer have been spotted running down the street and through the front yard. The landscape here is simply unforgettable!
You can tell at a glance that Baker Acre was designed for large families and lots of fun. The sparkling small pool with waterfall has plenty of sunbathing space. There's a bathroom adjacent to the pool complete with shower. The large patio offers a place of solitude to enjoy the natural surrounding beauty during the day and the stars at night. There is also a gas grill for cookouts.
The first place you'll fall in love with is the master suite. It boasts a king-sized bed, 2 walk in closets, HDTV and French doors opening up to the recreation room, while the large modern bath contains dual vanities, a soaking tub, walk-through shower, and a separate area for the commode. This is your sanctuary, a restful retreat after adventure-filled days.
Bedroom two offers bunk beds, a full bed on the bottom and a twin on top with a view of the swimming pool and a walk in closet. The third bedroom has a queen-sized bed and a walk in closet. Bedroom 4 has a full sleeper sofa.
The center of the house boasts a large open floor plan with cathedral ceilings. The foyer with double front doors, living room with sleeper sofa and French doors opening to the recreation/ sun room, which leads you to large patio on the back of the house. The recreation/sun room is equipped with billiards/ping pong and HDTV. There is a formal dining room and breakfast nook or you may choose to eat on the back patio near the pool. You will love the large, well stocked kitchen with wrap around granite counters and breakfast bar. The kitchen looks over the family room with sofa, loveseat, recliner and of course HDTV.
When it's time to come inside, enjoy a movie on our HDTV with DVD player, play a game with the family, or enjoy an evening of reminiscing the days activities and memories made.
Despite the spacious feel of Baker Acre and the feeling of solitude and sanctuary you are only 30 minutes to downtown Stuart,the beaches, downtown Jupiter, Abacoa or Roger Dean Stadium for a baseball game. There is plenty of space to park a boat in the driveway and there is a boat ramp on the Okeechobee Waterway about 1 mile away. From the boat ramp you can head east to the St Lucie River and the Atlantic Ocean or west to Lake Okeechobee and on to theGulf of Mexico. This is the only waterway in Florida connecting the Atlantic with the Gulf. Also from centrally located Indiantown, you are 15 minutes from Lake Okeechobee and only 35 minutes to West Palm Beach. Indiantown is surrounded by natural areas including (NENA) Northeast Everglades Area,JonathanDickinsonState Park and the Loxahatchee wild and scenic river. Sorry no pets, non smoking ,pool and sauna not heated
We really enjoyed staying in your lovely home. The pictures on the website do not do it justice, your home is beautiful!.We had the privacy that anyone would want and very convenient to the places we wanted to go to. We will certainly recommend your home to our friends and family.Thank you so much for keeping in touch with us until our arrival.We will definitely want to rent from you again in the furture.
We were extremely pleased with the house. It was very clean and well maintained. Its large floor plan accommodated our family perfectly. The home was decoded beautifully, which did make me a little nervous with our three small children. Some of the personal items that gave the house such a nice touch were delicate. However, the large play room gave the kids an ideal spot to play. The house was also centrally located to several of the places our family was interested in seeing on our Florida vacation. The Bakers were more than friendly during the rental process. They were helpful both leading up to our stay and during the week we stayed at the property. Overall, we were very pleased with our stay!
We had a great time at Bakers Acres on our recent business/personal trip down to Florida. The house had plenty of space for or group and it was roomy enough for us to spread out or hang out all together.
Cindy came over and helped point out where things were and answered any questions that we had. We would book here again if we take another trip in that area!
Our family of 6 adults stayed here for 2 weeks. The pros; The property was centrally located between West Palm & Okeechobee where we had other family. The main reason for our visit was golfing. The Indiantown Golf Course was a good place, we had planned on driving to other courses but it was nice enough we were content to golf there everyday.
The house itself fitted our needs perfectly, it has large rooms nicely laid out with a back patio where we spent a lot of time. It had a pool & hot tub but unfortunately neither were heated so that rendered them useless for us. We were told in advance that they were not so it wasn't unexpected. The kitchen was fully stocked and had everything we needed as we cooked everyday. It is a very private location and quiet.
The cons; of the stay was the popping in of the owner. We were told she would be accessing the garage to remove things from there that they needed from time to time which would have been fine. But every time she came she opened the door to the house to tell us she was there which we felt was unnecessary. The house had a lot of personal effects, pictures (personal & religious) some of the owner's clothing etc.. We felt like we were visiting someone instead of having a rental. I think the owners in this case should decide if they want to have a commercial vacation rental or their own personal residence.
But even with the cons, we enjoyed our stay and would recommend the property to others.
This place is ideal for large families! Very nice and and pleasant. It was a joy to stay here. I would highly recommend this place. You will not be disappointed.
We had a wonderful week at Baker Acre. The ownders could not have been more accommodating and available. Their home is very spacious with lots to do as there is a game room and pool. Although not located directly on the coast, it was an easy ride into the Stuart and Jupiter areas; probably a 20 minute ride. We were convenient enough to the beaches while staying in an extremely quiet and off-the-path location which was just beautiful. Everything was immaculate and in good condition in the home and we would highly recommend this home, especially for families as the size and layout affords everyone room and privacy. A wonderful week!
Top Thing to do in City:
* visit historic downtown Stuart.
* spend a day at the PGA National Resort and Spa.
* visit the world famous Gardens Mall.
* climb to the top of the Jupiter Lighhouse.
* canoe/kayak the Loxahatchee wild and scenic river.
Top Thing to do in Budget:
* go to the beach.
* visit Bush Wildlife.
* visit the Loxahatchee River Center.
* picnic at a park.
* hike a trail.
Top Thing to do in Family:
* see a baseball game at Roger Dean Stadium of Tradition Field.
* visit a waterpark.
* see sea turtles at Loggerhead Marinelife Center.
* enjou a river cruise.
* visit a state park or wild life area.
* 128 miles to Disney World
* 37 miles – Palm Beach International Airport (PBIA)
* 156 miles to Key Largo
* Roger Dean Stadium Stadium/Jupiter Hammerheads
* Tradition Field/St Lucie Mets
* PGA National Resort and Spa
* Jupiter Inlet Lighthouse and Museum, Elliot Museum, Florida Oceanographic Coastal Center, House of Refuge Museum at Gilbert’s Bar, Stuart Heritage Museum, Children’s Museum of the Treasure Coast, Military Museum- Road to Victory, Busch Wildlife, 76 Golf World, Loxahatchee River Center, Hobe Sound Nature Center
* Riverboat cruises
* Beaches- Bathtub Beach, Carlin Park, Dubois Park, Hobe Sound Beach, Jensen Beach, Juno Beach, Loggerhead, Stuart Beach
* Kravis Center for the performing Arts, Lyric Theatre, The Barn Theatre
* Nature-NENANortheast EvergladesArea.JonathanDickinsonState Park.JohnDMacarthurState Park, Loxahatchee wild and scenic river, Lake Okeechobee,EvergladesNational Park,BarleyBarberSwamp, Blowing Rocks Preserve, St Lucie Inlet Preserve State Park
* Shopping- Gardens Mall, Treasure Coast Mall, Palm Beach Outlets, Bass Pro Shops, Gander Mountain, Wal-Mart Super Centers, Worth Avenue, City Place, Abocoa Town Center, Downtown at the Gardens
* Activities- Hiking, biking, boating, sailing, fishing, hunting, hiking, scenic driving, surfing, swimming, golf courses, wildlife viewing, diving, snorkeling, canoeing/kayaking, paddle boarding, jet skiing, wildlife tours, bowling, roller skating, movie theatres, rock climbing wall, river boat cruises, beach combing, antiquing, water skiing, horseback riding
* Sailfish SplashWaterPark,RapidsWater Park
* Timer Powers Park (1 mile from Baker Acre) has a boat ramp, playground, picnic areas, occasional horse shows and an annual fall rodeo.
|Rental Period||Minimum Price||Additional Nights||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event Price|
30 Oct 2016 - 28 Apr 2018
7 night minimum stay
for 7 nights
Additional information about rental rates: rental from saturday to saturday
Refundable Damage Deposit $ 300 due 2 weeks prior to arrival
Cleaning fee $120
Send 100% deposit upon booking. some exceptions may apply if booking months in advance
7 night minimum stay NO PETS NO SMOKING 2 week notice minimum
Home Away charges 2.5% fee for credit card use, you can pay that upon arrival