Flamingo Home is smack in the middle of vibrant South Beach, tucked away in a tranquil and prestigious old-world neighborhood, just a few minutes' stroll to the ocean. Its 3,700 square feet feature impeccable terrazzo flooring and classical Florida Pine wood floors. The home was painstakingly remodeled in 2012 and the owners were careful to preserve the home's art deco feel.
The house is decorated with great modern and antique furniture, international and American artwork and light fixtures. Flamingo Home has been meticulously prepared to welcome guests and their families in luxury.
The living space is designed with an open floor plan of two living rooms (one with formal seating and the second with a pool table and working fireplace) and a customary "Florida room" found in many traditional Florida homes. The living "rooms" are adjacent to one another making spacious living space. There are wall to wall glass doors overlooking the front and back yard respectively. There is also a formal dining room. The kitchen overlooks all these areas.
Bedrooms and Bathrooms:
1. Master Suite- This sensual room features a posh leather seating area and king size bed. Its French doors open directly into the back garden. The suite is also equipped with a plasma TV and its own well-preserved vintage bathroom with steam shower and bathtub and original Kohler bathroom fixtures.
2. Children's Room- This room is sure to please every child. The bunk bed features two twin sized mattresses and also has a pull-out twin sized trundle tucked underneath it. A baby's changing table and crib is sure to put mom at ease. A designated reading nook is sure to be a hit. The remodeled bathroom is shared with the Flamingo Guest Bedroom.
3. Guest Bedroom- This MiMo-themed room features a desk, king sized bed, twin sized folding bed and amazing closet space. The natural light in this room will not be unnoticed. The remodeled bathroom is shared with the Flamingo Children's Room.
4. Independent Guest Room- This Post-War-inspired room features a queen sized bed and authentic well-preserved independent original bathroom. This room is set off against the dining room.
5. Powder Bathroom- This is a half bath off of the main living areas. It is newly remodeled, also in a sensual old-Hollywood style. AMENITIES: Two flat screen TVs, Internet WiFi, Land Telephone line, AC/Heat, Fireplace, Radio/I-Pod Player, washer/dryer, dishwasher, microwave. There are also many toys for young children. The home is comfortable and the location is ideal!Bedrooms and Bathrooms
Location, location, location!
The streets are lined with French street lamps and a pedestrian bridge takes you over the bay straight to Collins Avenue over to Miami Beach's famous boardwalk and ocean. An afternoon stroll along the boardwalk is highly recommended.
Walk to all of the following, and more(!):
Miami Beach landmark hotels
Mr. Chow's restaurant
Nobu and many other small restaurants
The Delano Hotel and other landmark South Beach hotels
South Beach Public Library
Avant Art Gallery
Bass Museum of Art
Lincoln Road Mall and New World Symphony Orchestra building (8 blocks away- Wednesday night movies picnic outdoors)
Jackie Gleason Theatre
David Rakow Center- Children's park with children bowling alley and ice skating
South Beach Botanical Garden
South Beach Convention Center.
You will not have to drive anywhere (save the supermarket and over the bridge to mainland Miami whenever necessary). Taxis to anywhere in South Beach is around $7. There are also daily bycicle rental near the home.
Beach and ocean activities.
Boat rentals, ocean sports.
Shopping, restaurants, sightseeing, museums, ocean, outdoor movie theatre (Wednesday nights only), public parks, Lincoln Road, botanical gardens, convention center, Jackie Gleason Theatre, all within walking distance.