A 3 mile island located in the middle of the Potomac River, in Southern Maryland is located only 75 minutes from our Nation's Capital, Old Town Alexandria, and Maryland's newest Casino MGM @ National Harbor. IF you MUST take a day trip.
BUT I think you will choose to stay on The Island! Neighbors still come over and say hello (Mr. and Mrs. Pike love my awesome guests)!!
How about a bike ride to the Scuttlebutts, the local gathering hole! Or a ride to the park after you stop and get an ice cream at Bobs Market, Cobb Island Market. Or, you can simply sit back, cast a line and enjoy watching nature while the kiddos play in the knee deep water. Visit The Cove the newest addition to the island, A WINE BAR!!!!
Cobb Island is known for its old fishing and crabbing cottages, quint atmosphere, a local fisherman hideaway (Jason down the street can hook you up with Maryland crabs). Cobb Island is where you simply enjoy being surrounded by friends and family amongst nature!! Don't worry you have internet!
Newly constructed (built by a custom builder) in 2007 with entertaining in mind (caterer and wine lover, Me), CI Wine Country Cottage provides the modern day necessaries (what I would consider important):
adult and children's games
grill and grilling tools
kayak and 3 person canoe,
10 person custom built picnic table
outdoor lounging area
a craft table / dinning table (sea glass not included..... only steps away from finding lots
Quite a few cookbooks
Fresh Herbs to pick,
Lavish perennial garden with accents of 15 and counting Japanese maples,
Largest Beach Combing on the Island at low tide
Sandy Beach area perfect for wading
Pier to tie up your boat to
If you must check into the reality world.......we do have internet, a flat screen tv, and a selection of classic movies and not so classic.
* Basic spices and herbs
* Wine cabinet
* Commercial Wolf Range with convection oven
* 10 foot eat-in island
* 6 Person Dining Room table and Card / Craft Table
* Keurig with Coffee Selection, TEA
* Additional tables and folding chairs in laundry room
* Spacious open floor plan opening with two a "separate" sitting areas
* Tons of wine glasses / Pots /Pans / Platter / Crab Stuff / Servicing Utensils
2 Themed Bathrooms:
* Large bath towels
* Basic toiletries incase you forgot something.
NOT INCLUDED IN THE 3RD BEDROOM, DEN
This is a over flow bedroom
QE2 Bedroom / Den
* Twin Feather Day Bed / EZ Front Gate Inflatable Queen Blow up
* High Top Artist Desk
* Cook Books GALORE
Joins downstairs full bath
A pirates room complete with pirates beds and dress-up clothes. AYE MATE!!
* Themed Schooner Sheets
* Pirates Costoms
* 3 Twin Beds (one is hidden under the other bed)
* Good Night Moon reading chair form the favorite aunt!
* 2 Closets
* 2 Toy Chests in fron of beds
Alice's room (go down the Rabbits Hole if you must)
Decorated in Alice in Wonderland decor.
* Luxary 600 Thread-Count Sheets
* Queen size bed with added memory foam mattress
* Tea Cup Chair and foot stool
* A view, that, I think, is the best in the house!!!!!!
And the Master... Your own piece HEAVEN.
"MOM", lock the door, Grab a cocktail and sit in the Jacuzzi tub!!!!!!
(It's ok to take time for yourself)!!!
If you must, hollower off the deck, to spouse and kiddos!! Water view out both sliding glass doors
* King Size Bed
* Rainforest Shower
* Jack and Jill Sinks
* Extra Large Hot Tub with Robes when Mom needs to escape with a bath bubble bath and salts, and an adult beverage!!
* Gas Grill
* Charcoal Grill
* Vegetables and Herbs to freshen up your grill'n menu
* 10 Person Custom Built Picnic Table
* Lounging Area
* 6 Person additional entertainment table
* 25 foot fishing pier
* Crab Pots
* Largest beach area on the island
***green, white, blue, red SEA GLASS***
I know you will enjoy CI Wine Cottage, as long as you are in no hurry to return to the responsibilities of the real world!!