10 BEDROOMS / 7 BATHROOMS / 3 KITCHENS: FINCA EL ALMENDRILLO is a fully modernised and stunning renovation of a 150 year old Farmhouse with fantastic views of olive, almond and fig groves over the Granada countryside. The huge private garden also features a large gated swimming pool – at 17 x 7 metres it is the biggest you will find.
Accommodation at Almendrillo consists of the historic Farmhouse and attached barn conversion, The Casita.
Large groups of up to 20 are welcome to rent The Whole Finca (Farmhouse plus Casita). Smaller groups of up to 14 or less might prefer The Farmhouse only. Any group renting the Farmhouse only should rest assured that The Casita will be empty.
THE FARMHOUSE - can sleep 14 in total comfort.
* 6/7 bedrooms and 6 shower rooms, 4 ensuite.
* All the mod cons; comfortable beds, power showers, wifi, Spanish tv, as well as solar panels to minimise your holiday carbon footprint.
* Well equipped modern Andalucian kitchen
* Spacious living areas with wood-burning stove and large wooden dining table
* GOOD WIFI including the bedrooms
The CASITA: Spacious barn conversion - 3 bedrooms, 1 shower room and a kitchen, offers groups and families extra facilities, space and privacy.
* Comfortable beds, power showers, as well as solar panels to minimise your holiday carbon footprint.
* Andalucian kitchen
* Spacious living area with wood-burning stove and large wooden dining table
* If your group exceeds 14 you will need to book The Casita as well as The Farmhouse, to sleep 20 people comfortably. The Casita has a separate entrance but can be connected internally to The Farmhouse, giving a little bit more privacy if required.
Smaller groups have booked the whole Finca (The Farmhouse and The Casita) in the past and have thoroughly enjoyed having this vast space to roam around and enjoy.
TWO ACRES OF GROUNDS:
* Landscaped gardens, almond and olive groves and fruit trees.
* Large (17 x 7 metre) gated pool with mountain views
* Plenty of terrace space for table tennis, table football, hammocks, yoga and games
* Lots of shady places and terraces – with al fresco dining
* Pick fresh fruit in season from our cherry, fig, pomegranate, quince and almond trees
* Each terrace has tables for dining
* Garden Furniture includes comfortable sofas and coffee tables
* Village shop has all the basics, close by are local markets and supermarkets offer fresh fish, meat and a wide selection of Spanish wines
* The village bar is fun and friendly with free tapas and a good menu. The restaurants in the area are very good offering a range of prices and indoor and outdoor seating
* Explore the Moorish village of Iznajar - a 15 minute drive or the ancient cities of Granada and Cordoba
* In under an hour you can be swimming in the Mediterranean
* Granada and the Alhambra are unmissable – Arab baths, cobbled streets and a 9th Century Palace! just 55 minutes away
* Walking – use maps and guidebooks provided or professional local guides
* Professional cycling and mountain biking - there are bikes at the Finca but specialist bikes can be delivered to the house and/or hire professional guides
* Horse riding – off the beaten track with views to the Mediterranean
* Surrounded by nature, wide open spaces with swallows and geckos, cherry trees and hammocks - it's a child's paradise
*Trees to climb and away from busy roads
* Stroll to the village with the children past Francisco's Farm where you'll find peacocks, goats, pigs and turkeys and fresh goat´s cheese and milk for sale!
* Gated pool and lawned garden
All with ventilation fan
Farmhouse Main Double en-suite
Farmhouse Main Twin
Farmhouse Yellow en suite
Farmhouse Blue en suite
Farmhouse Downstairs Corner en suite
Farmhouse upstairs Corner
Gran Sala bedroom
BABIES and infants aged under 2 - Two cots, two high-chairs and baby monitor are available at no extra cost.
DRIVING TIMES FROM THE HOUSE
* White Village – Iznajar 15-20 minutes
* Beaches – 35 minutes
* Granada and the Alhambra -– 55 minutes
* Málaga – 60 minutes
* GRANADA AIRPORT - 55 minutes (BA flies London City to Granada direct)
* MÁLAGA AIRPORT - 60 minutes (most airlines fly to Málaga from all over Europe)
* A car is recommended –
* A 20/25 minute walk to village
* Finca el Almendrillo has a number of small steps to access ground floor areas, shower rooms and showers
* Furniture can be moved on request
* Shower chair available on request
* The pool is gated
* There is a large pergola providing shade
* There are 14 sun loungers
* The pool has passive solar heating, increasing the temperature, but this can't be guaranteed.
* The pool is open year-round, but most suitable for swimming between May and October.
Please let us know a little bit about your party when making enquiries, including numbers of adults and children.