|Minimum Stay||2 - 4 nights|
Whether you want to focus specifically on riding the best roads in the country, world-renowned trout fishing and mountain biking, kayaking the same waters where our USA Olympians train, or just get away from it all, this mountain top log cabin on 6 private acres offers you and your guests a peaceful surrounding after an action-packed day in the outdoors! Set atop a mountain ridge in the Cherokee National Forest, overlooking the sleepy town of Tellico Plains, this serene getaway is the perfect base camp for exploring SE Tennessee, Western North Carolina and Northern Georgia. Furnished with your total comfort in mind, the cabin comes fully equipped with a gourmet kitchen, luxurious bedding and fine linens, washer/dryer, outdoor grill and either floor to ceiling stone fireplace or outdoor fire pit to enjoy those cool mountain evenings – all you will need to pack is your toothbrush! The bonus 360 degree wrap around deck offers mountain views in every direction as well as gorgeous sunrise and sunset views. Perfectly situated in the Southeast corner of TN, you are minutes to North Carolina or Georgia, offering the chance to visit fun filled towns such as Murphy NC or Blue Ridge GA. This is an ideal rental for motorcyclists, road cyclists, fishermen, mountain bikers, hikers or yoga enthusiasts. Come and see what many folks are saying about Tennessee – the best kept secret in the South!
• Attacking the Tail of the Dragon -
• Taking in the scenic beauty of the Cherohala Skyway -
• Hooking your first wild Rainbow Trout (most trout streams can be found on public lands in the Cherokee National Forest – the trout are so abundant, no restocking is needed!)-
• Paddling down the Tellico River -
• Hiking the local Bald River Falls and other numerous water falls -
• Hiking the abundant Mountains, National and State Parks -
• Bird watching from anywhere on the wrap around deck
• Relaxing in any of the several chairs on the wrap around deck, with a great book and surrounded by a mountain breeze, the song and calls of amazing birds and the serenity of Corinthian Wind Chimes
• 3 Bedrooms, 2 baths (sleeps 8)
• Master bedroom features California King bed, bathroom with Italian -tiled shower and sitting area
• Loft features sofa bed (twin)
• Guest Bedroom #1 features a Queen bed
• Guest Bedroom #2 features a bunk bed with Queen on the bottom, Twin on the top
• Guest bathroom features a shower/bath
• Floor to Ceiling Stone Fireplace (gas insert)
• 46 inch flat screen TV
• Black Forest luxurious bedding and linens
• Bath towels, washcloths
• Fully equipped kitchen – gourmet cookware and cutlery (Henkel's)
• Coffee Maker (no filters needed), teapot
• Cutting boards
• Electric top stove/oven
• Pyrex and ceramic bake ware
• Dishwasher, dishwashing detergent
• Plates, silverware, glasses, coffee mugs (service for 8)
• Serving bowls
• Wine glasses
• Bottle opener, Wine opener
• Cooking utensils, garlic press
• Foil, plastic wrap
• Plastic storage containers
• Dishtowels, dishwashing soap
• Outdoor grill
• Outdoor hose
• Shed –parking for 4 motorcycles, mountain bikes
• Concrete paved driveway – easy access for motorcycles
Emergency Amenities within 2 miles
• Save-a-lot grocery store
• Dollar Store
Local Dining Options – within 2 miles
• Krambonz BBQ
• Tellico Grains Bakery
• CrabTrap Restaurant
An avid Harley enthusiast, I came to love this area while visiting friends (also motorcyclists) who bought a home in neighboring Coker Creek. It only took me one visit to this area of TN to know that I wanted to spend more time here exploring all that the area has to offer and the endless beauty of TN and close by NC and GA. While I am years away from being able to enjoy this special place full time, I want others to have the ability to enjoy this amazing part of our country - I guarantee if you come to visit once, it won't be your last time!
Authentic log cabin, mountain views, total privacy, paved driveway, fire pit, gourmet kitchen, luxurious linens
We needed a last-minute destination when Hurricane Matthew disrupted our family's fall break plans. I came upon this gem at VRBO. The master bedroom is roomy and private on the second floor. The kitchen had everything we needed. The entire cabin was very clean and is tastefully decorated. Perhaps my favorite memory was sitting around the firepit on the deck making s'mores, but I enjoyed taking in my morning coffee there as well. The cabin was easy to find and is very convenient to Tellico Plains and the Cherohala Skyway. We very much enjoyed our stay. Patti was a wonderful hostess and was extremely responsive to my questions. I highly recommend this property.
Exactly as described. My friends and I were really happy here.
The cabin was amazing! The owners do a wonderful job with this beautiful cabin! Clean! Decorated perfect! I highly recommend it!
Thank you for a wonderful weekend
Was a great location beautiful view was a wonderful home. Everything you need is there all you need is your food. We rented for a team building vacation and could not been better place to hold the trip. Easy check in and out would do again with any second thoughts.
Our family met here for a New Years getaway and had a great time. Patti is very responsive and great to work with and the cabin was beautiful and well maintained. We did some hiking and enjoyed the fire pit outside on the deck. I would recommend this property to anyone looking for a great vacation to the mountains of Tennessee!
My family and some friends recently spent a long weekend in the cabin and I have to say it was wonderful. Patti was SO great to work with, even accommodating our request to check in early. I couldn't get over how well stocked the cabin was. The majority of rentals we have rented in the past usually have the bare minimum to serve a meal. That was not the case with this cabin. Patti truly thought of everything someone could need to enjoy themselves. The location was very easy to find. We loved spending the evenings out on the deck around the firepit. I was surprised at the amount of board games and books that were available and they came in handy as we had declared it an electronics free vacation.
Patti also suggested some things to do and places to eat that turned out to be great. We had a beautiful hike at Bald River Falls and a fabulous lunch at Tellico Grains Bakery. You can't skip the bakery. Great sandwiches, pizza, and oh my heaven the bread!!!
I look forward to another visit in the future!
Tellico Plains is situated in the foothills of the Cherokee National Forest bordering the Great Smoky Mountains. Referred to as "A Small Town with the Largest Back Yard", this area is a mecca for motorcyclists and outdoor enthusiasts alike and serves as the perfect base camp to explore SE Tennessee, Western North Carolina and Northern Georgia. Special attractions include Cherohala Skyway and Tail of the Dragon - 2 of the most sought out roads by motorcyclists; Tellico River which offer endless hiking, world renowned trout fishing , kayaking and rafting; Ocoee Whitewater Center; Brush Creek and other endless mountain biking trails; Bald River Falls; the Lost Sea - largest underground lake in the USA; Sweetwater, Blue Ridge, Gatlinburg and Pigeon Forge - all a short drive away and offering great shopping, antiquing, and Tennessee history!
|Property Damage Protection||£64|
|Refundable Damage Deposit||£406|
Any cancellations made less than 15 days or less prior to rental will not receive their down payment returned.
* Approximate monthly price. Actual pricing will depend on the days of the month you stay.