|Minimum Stay||2 nights|
-Fully Furnished. Clean and neat. Includes kitchen wares, HD TV with TWC Preferred Package and WiFi "TWC Extreme" level.
-Great "Walkability Index".
-Near Presque Isle State Park beaches, trails, picnic grounds, watercraft and bicycle rentals. Near Waldameer Amusement and Water Park. Near fishing and central to boat launches. and marinas.
- Located just off festive lower Peninsula Drive, yet in a relatively quiet, mixed dwelling neighborhood. Low through traffic due to neighborhood configuration.
- Close to many choices of quality casual dining restaurants/lounges, shopping boutiques, and many of the areas key amenities.
- Many summer special events including:
! - free "On-the-Beach" concert series (7 Mondays).
! - free Bay Front Pepsi Amphitheatre concert series called "8 Great Tuesday's".
! - "Roar on the Shore" motorcycle weekend rally and festivities.
! - "Discover Presque Isle" week.
! - "Jazz Festival" weekend at Frontier Park.
! - "We Love Erie Days".
! - Bass Fishing Tournament.
! - Presque Isle Downs and Casino.
! - Wine Country winery tours.
! - Erie Zoo.
! - Dozens of 18-hole and 9-hole courses within (15) minute drive.
! - Putt-Putt courses, including Bay Front course.
AND MANY OTHER SPECIAL EVENTS AND NEARBY ATTRACTIONS !
Dan S. - Born and raised at Erie, PA. Lifelong resident here. Nine in family growing up; seven in married family. Four boys and one girl within seven years of each other. Attended Ashland University of Ohio (2 years) and graduated Penn State University.
My father was a first generation American immigrant, World War II sailor, machinist, then founder of a manufacturing company and developer of real estate. My mother, of same era, was a degreed nurse, raised with single Mom after father died early, lost family farm in Great Depression, and lived with many cousins and relatives growing up. Both were very active in the community and instilled that in their children.
After serving a wide variety of management-leadership responsibilities within the growing family business over 20 years, decided to go another direction after founding father retired. I live within a few miles of our rental homes and am easily accessible: likewise, sons and wife are involved as back-up, as well as other relatives as back-up if needed.
We want you to enjoy your stay near well-renowned Presque Isle State Park and Peninsula of Lake Erie, and all this area has to offer.
Dan Sweny, Owner/Manager, ANGLERS HAVEN, COTTAGE BUNGALOW, and ISLAND HOPPER hom purchased this bungalow in 2012
This rental property is located within Erie's most desired suburb, NW Millcreek Township. Being close to the Peninsula also puts it close to many other area amenities.
The property's neighborhood started back in the 1940's as a cottage-like community in the near outskirts of Erie (only 3 miles out). Many regular visitors from Pittsburgh and surrounding Tri-State region, who knew the value of this little getaway gem at Lake Erie, bought, or long term rented, in this neighborhood to enjoy staying close and convenient to the beaches, fishing, Waldameer Park, etc. Over the decades, this little "neighborhood by the lake" has developed as a mixed dwelling area, mostly consisting of full time residents, but also still plenty of vacation renters especially during the fishing and beach seasons. Our ANGLERS HAVEN rental home was previously owned, for 20+ years, by a Pittsburgh couple/family who then spent the bulk of their retirement summers up at the Lake Erie neighborhood, where they would also host to their friends and family visitors during the spring and summer. There are no million dollar condos on the block. I liked that grass roots, middle-based aspect to this affordable for visitors and families. Right near to festive lower Peninsula Drive, and yet a quaint, relatively quiet, neighborhood; there is very limited through-traffic due to neighborhood configuration. Though somewhat modest, this property is very clean, neat, and well-kept. A really nice vacation "headquarters" from which to branch out into the surrounding areas to enjoy the venues and events, be it the wineries, the beaches, fishing, and even day trips up to Niagara Falls. I liked that this property has a decent size yard, completely fenced in in the back for privacy. Enough elbow room to throw a football or Frisbee around in front or really close to many larger such spaces if a family wanted that (Scott Park, Frontier Park, Lakewood Park, and of course Presque Isle State Park).
This was our first time staying and will not be our last. Upon arrival Dan meet us and did the walk thru, the property is located near beach, close to McDonald's, glow golf, grocery store, very handy. Had a clothes line in back yard which was so nice for hanging swim wear out, the house inside was clean and the grandkids enjoyed the screened in porch.
We had a great stay. The fishing was great. We really enjoyed coming back to the house and building a fire and just relaxing.
My group truly enjoyed our stay at Anglers Haven. Dan, the owner, was very personable and always there when we needed him. Should we chose to stay in the Erie area in the future we would stay at this facility.
We had 8 people stay at the Anglers Haven over Memorial Day weekend. The place was clean, and was large enough to sleep everyone on pull out mattresses, couches, the beds and a blow up mattress that we brought. We were also able to fit four bass boats and trucks in the front yard. Overall a good experience. Dan the property owner was also personable and helpful.
Angler's Haven was clean and neat. Dan, the owner, was very helpful and responsive to questions, and he made sure we had everything we needed.
We enjoyed our stay, it was very conveniently located. The home provides many extras to make your stay very comfortable. Dan the owner is very responsive and easy to deal with. We enjoyed our time around the fire pit. We had a great time.
|Rental Period||Minimum Price||Additional Nights||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly *||Event Price|
My Standard Rate
2 night minimum stay
for 2 nights
|Refundable Damage Deposit||£238|
|Property Damage Protection||£47|
1. Guests are expected to leave the property in near as clean a condition as upon check-in. Normal clean-up supplies are provided for that.
2. We can often offer extremely flexible check-in and check-out times that significantly extend your effective vacation time. Sometimes we can give check-ins as early as 8:00am and check-outs as late as 8:00pm...given terms and conditions. Sometimes, even free or greatly reduced bonus days are offered, pending adjacent guest schedules...why not, we want you to have the best experience and best deal possible.
3. This vacation home is modest, but solid, clean, and neat...it is not extravagant, so you don't need to be overly worried about normal family-type activities while you are at ANGLERS HAVEN.
4. ANGLERS HAVEN is intended for use by the pre-identified overnight guests, and only reasonable quantities of day guests at given time. It is located in a mixed dwelling neighborhood including some local residents. Please remember respectfulness with the time of your activities and noise levels, particularly after 11:00pm and prior to 7:00am. Typical local ordinances apply as you are likely used to in your home communities.
5. Upon your arrival, you will typically be met by the owner, or family member, to give you a quick tour, verify the condition and utility of the home, and to discuss things of mutual interest. You will typically receive two keys. We also intend to meet you at the home just prior to your check-out.
6. We will try to not bother you at all, but will likely check a couple times to assure everything is going okay for you. There could be seasonal maintenance, such as quick landscaping, that needs to be done during your stay.
7. Thank you very much for your inquiry, we hope you decide to headquarter your vacation at ANGLERS HAVEN!
Note: We really like pets and even have our own; however, pets of any kind are not allowed at ANGLERS HAVEN, for the best experience for all guests, season long. This includes the yard.
* Approximate monthly price. Actual pricing will depend on the days of the month you stay.