|Space||1,250 sq. ft.|
|Minimum Stay||3 nights|
You will love staying in this home. It is truly a haven in the middle of the city. The neighborhood Mar Vista is great, centrally located and a 15 minute drive from LAX. Close to the nightlife in Venice, Santa Monica and Marina Del Rey. A lovely 15 minute bike ride to Venice Beach and the Venice Canals. Gourmet kitchen with glass top range, DeLonghi natural gas oven, breakfast bar, Meile coffee system for fabulous lattes! Refrigerator with double filtered drinking water and ice in door.
Outdoor kitchen has natural gas grill (no propane tank to refill!!) that will sear a steak to perfection and also makes great pizza. There’s a sink and a counter high drinks fridge too.
HERE's a fantastic recent review: Me and 5 friends had a great stay at Kiki and Salim's. The house is light and airy with a big opening on the outside decked area which truly is a big additional room where we spent most of our time. The whole house was clean and tidy, the bathrooms are high quality and there were plenty enough towels for everyone. We didn't cook (apart from using the bbq) but there is everything you'd need in the kitchen and the coffee machine was very convenient. The neighbourhood is quiet but perfectly located for Venice beach and Santa Monica and there are bars + dining options within walking distance. We were made to feel very welcome and I wouldn't hesitate to come back when in LA again.
The house and airstream were rebuilt using all eco-friendly materials and finishes. We use non toxic cleaning products. More details of the house, airstream, yard, decks & outdoor kitchen:
• A perfect jewel box house at 1250 square feet – every inch is well designed.
• 42” Sony Bravia HD flat TV with Theatre sound system in livingroom with Blue ray DVD player and TW cable.
• 36” Panasonic flat screen HD TV in master bedroom bring your own streaming stick such as ROKU.
• ipod dock connects with beefy sony stereo: there are speakers inside and out on the deck. You can hook up your iphone or laptop to the stereo too.
• Master bedroom has a brand new Eastern King mattress with a tempur-pedic 4” on top. Extremely comfortable.
• Guest room has a Twin bed with organic mattress and another very comfortable luxury foam mattress on the trundle. 2 twin beds total in this room. Plus the living room white sofa is a pull out queen sleeper.
• Extra large steam room with custom shower including body sprays in the west bath will ease you into relaxation at anytime.
• Sunken bathtub with powerful jets creates a perfect spa experience in the east bath.
• New upscale bathroom fixtures by Kohler, Jado and Hans Grohe, dual flush toilets by Toto, frameless glass shower doors in west bath and built in track shower curtain in east bath.
• Floor to ceiling glass walls facing North and South -- incredibly bright and airy.
• Living room has floor to ceiling windows looking onto the front deck, surrounded by grasses and papyrus.
• Kitchen has sliding glass walls which open to the covered deck and outdoor living room. In total there are 2 back decks with seating areas and covered outdoor kitchen.
• Casual dining room opposite kitchen seats six comfortably.
• Hardwood floors throughout, slate in kitchen, slate in west bathroom and natural stone in east bathroom.
• Front loading Kitchenaid washer and dryer
• Large Side by side refrigerator with double filtered drinking water and ice in door.
• On-demand tankless hot water heater, never run out of hot water!
• Digital home manual and digital map of neighborhood provided.
• 2 beach cruisers included with rental.
• Plenty of street parking, no permits required.
• Whole house filter takes out chlorine and other toxins so you are bathing and cooking with clean water.
• The home is on a street-to-street lot and the entire backyard is gated. search for “Mar Vista Oval” and see the history of the Oval. We are on the north side near Venice Blvd.
• This is a quiet and peaceful neighborhood and the home is on a one way street (no through traffic).
We designed and built this home ourselves as our haven in the city. We choose to live in a "not so big" home where every inch counts. To create an open feeling the kitchen has sliding glass walls that span 18 feet. This works to destroy the barrier of indoor vs. outdoor and you live outside and inside at once. Windows were used to carve views of the garden and sky, provide maximum daylight and maintain privacy.
kiki Stay's purchased this house in 2005
The house is cozy, and well equipt with various supplies including dishwasher pods, plastic trash cans liners, shampoos, conditoners, soaps and additional bathroom equipment. There are plenty of towels. It is very clean and well kept. The house is beautiful with an amazing backyard space which includes a great grill and plenty of seating. It is easy to walk around the terrific neighborhood and see the other charming houses. It is well located near shops and restaurants. Kiki responded quickly to all of my questions and inquiries. I would absolutely recommend this house to all my friends and family. We had a wonderful vacation. Thank you Kiki!
Our family of 5 (2 adults, 2 girls and a baby) loved staying at this rental. . The outdoor space was lovely and the kids enjoyed the swing and hammock. The beds were very comfortable. I also loved the kitchens and bathrooms. It was a warm and welcoming home and Kiki was very responsive. There was a terrific farmers market on Sunday. We are looking forward to staying here again.
|Rental Period||Minimum Price||Additional Nights||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event Price|
My Standard Rate
3 night minimum stay
for 3 nights
|Refundable Damage Deposit||£234.7|