Grange Farm holiday cottages Whitby is a really spacious mid 19th Century Yorkshire Stone Farmhouse, well- furnished and full of character. The house offers self catering accommodation, for maximum 14 people, and is excellent for families and friends wanting to holiday together. The self catering accommodation has five bedrooms and two sitting rooms. The Yorkshire Tourist Board has awarded us with a 4 star rating.
Grange Farm is a child friendly holiday cottage close to Whitby. We are on the Yorkshire Coast in the village of High Hawsker, which is in the North Yorkshire Moors National Park, mid way between Whitby and Robin Hoods Bay, approximately 2.5 miles from each. For those of you who like walking: Whitby, as well as Robin Hoods Bay can be reached by foot in about 1 hour.
Ground Floor: the first sitting room has a 2 and 3 seater leather sofa, as well as 2 high back chairs, a TV, DVD player, and stereo/radio/cassette/CD. The second sitting room (we call it the yellow room) has a high vaulted beamed ceiling. This room has two 3 seater, and one 2 seater leather sofas, some other furniture, some children's toys , and a music centre. The spacious dining room has a wood burning stove. Wooden logs can be bought locally. There is also a book library in the dining room.
The well equipped pine kitchen is next to the dining room. The kitchen is equipped with a 110cm wide gas-oven/cooker, microwave, kettle, dishwasher, fridge, freezer. There is a separate utility room which has a washing machine, tumble-dryer, iron and ironing board. A separate downstairs toilet is also located in the utility room.
The house also has a large conservatory with 2 leather corner sofas and some children furniture. The conservatory gives entrance to a south facing fenced garden and patio with garden furniture and barbecue.
Due to the age of the farmhouse, Grange Farm holiday cottage has some steps on the ground floor, as well as a few narrow and low doorways downstairs and upstairs, which gives the property its unique character.
- One sitting room with vaulted ceiling, large leather sofa's and music system.
- Dining room with log burner, and seating for 14 people.
Selection of books and magazines.
- Kitchen + utility room
- Second sitting room also with leather sofas, a TV, DVD player and music system.
- Hallway, leading to large conservatory / sunroom and a south facing fenced garden and patio area.
- One family room with double bed and full-size bunk-beds, and one family room with king size bed and full-size bunk beds.
- Two twin rooms.
- Bathroom with bath (shower over bath), sink and WC.
- Second separate WC.
Attic conversion (sloping ceiling), into an excellent bedroom with a king size bed, and en-suite bathroom/WC.
- Bed linen (duvets) is included.
- The bedrooms have a flat screen 19" TV. There also is a wash basin in each room.
- You need to bring your own towels, or you can hire towels from us for £ 4 per person per week.
- Electric, full gas central heating and hot water is included in the rental price.
- Two travel cots, two high chairs, and a stair-gate are available.
- Baby changing mat is available.
- All the beds have mattress protectors.
- All the bedrooms have black out blinds or curtains.
- There is a children's step present in the main bathroom.
- The open fire has a fire guard;
- Some children's cutlery, plates and cups are present in the kitchen.
- There is a hand-blender in the kitchen.
- There is a book library for adults, and there are also books and toys for children.
- Grange Farm holiday cottage is a no smoking area.
- Sorry, but No pets are allowed.
- On the starting day of your holiday, you can enter the house at 4 pm. On day of departure, please leave the house by 10 am.
- Private parking for up to 4 cars is next to the house.
For more information or bookings for Grange Farm holiday cottages, which is in between Whitby and Robin Hoods Bay, please contact us.
PS. High Hawsker, Whitby is a family orientated peaceful village. Please keep this in mind when organising your holiday / weekend-break.
The location of Grange Farm holiday cottages is perfect for exploring Whitby, Robin Hood's Bay and many of the other nearby villages on the coast and moors.