|Minimum Stay||3 nights|
Your booking will be backed by our Book with Confidence Guarantee when you complete your reservation online and finalise payment on HomeAway.Learn more
A lovely Cotswolds traditional home re-imagined with modern amenities. 4 bedrooms including two double rooms with en-suite full baths, 2 bedrooms each with one twin bed and a family bathroom. Downstairs is a fully outfitted kitchen, dining room and lounge as well as a toilet and a utility room with washer/dryer and freezer. Outside deck overlooking a lovely lawn and the Mill Stream (part of the Thames) with outdoor seating for 8. Croquet set and boules set provided for outdoor games on the lawn. Great place for a family or adults, with ArtSpa passes included.
The award-winning on-site spa features Europe's first outdoor eco-pool as well as two 20M heated pools - indoor and outdoor, steam room, sauna, gym, a restful reading lounge and treatment rooms, where you can pamper and indulge yourself to your heart's content.
And in the great outdoors of the estate, you'll be able to ramble or cycle through secret woodlands and meadows which are rich in rare wildlife (including a protected colony of beavers) as well as enjoying more energetic days canoeing, kayaking, sailing or swimming in one of Lower Mill's eight lakes and two rivers. There's a world of adventure waiting to be discovered - a chance to experience a Swallows & Amazons lifestyle in a perfect, safe, secure natural playground for children of all ages.
We currently live in the United States, in California, but as one half of us was born in England and spent the first 35 years of life in England, we were endlessly planning trips to England and absolutely love the Cotswolds. It is a bucolic place and we felt so fortunate to have been able to purchase this lovely home on this beautiful estate.
Brian and Elisabeth Cross purchased this house in 2001
We have traveled all over Europe, but always come back to England. The Cotswolds holds us captive due to the beauty of every season. We love going to the local pubs whether it be to sit by a warm fire in the winter or spend a lovely Sunday having lunch outside in the gardens. We are avid walkers and have literally walked from our house to London along the Thames, staying in Inns along the way. We planned the walk ourselves and managed to walk between 12 -18 miles a day and at the end of each day, we were rewarded with a refreshing pint at some great Inn's. We loved the walk, but were absolutely happy to get back to Dragonfly at the end!
Old style thatched cottage with all mod cons.
My wife and I came to England to renew our vows in a tiny little church in Wales. We stayed three nights in this wonderful home. If you want a centrally located house that is beautifully built, has 4 bedrooms, and is located in a fabulous vacation resort community, you can't ask for better.
This house is an easy drive from London. It is close to so many historic sites, towns, restaurants, etc. The house has a full kitchen, dining room, living room and laundry. This is truly a home away from home.
This is an peaceful, idyllic place for a family or group of friends to use as a "home base" for touring the Cotswolds or just to relax and enjoy the wildlife. It's a semi-detached home in a modern development of buildings built in the traditional style of the Cotswolds, providing a nice balance of classic English beauty with the reliability of good plumbing, electricity, and (of course) Wi-Fi. The kitchen and bathrooms were immaculate, and there was even a small washer/dryer (with excellent instructions!). The property management is extremely responsive and helpful, even late at night. The location couldn't be better: a short bike ride lets you explore the Cotswolds' natural beauty. A few minutes by car brings you to Cirencester, which was the second most important city in Roman Britain, and boasts an impressive historical museum for kids of all ages (or history buffs!). Most of the prettiest villages in the Cotswolds are within a half-hour drive, and within a two-hour radius by car are Oxford, Stonehenge, Stratford-upon-Avon, Blenheim Palace, Bath, and the Morgan Car Company, where you can see how they make these classic cars by hand. Our only wish was that we could stay there for longer!
This is a wonderful home! It is charming but with all of the modern conveniences. It's in a lovely area of the Cotswolds - near wonderful restaurants and grocery stores and nearby several other charming villages which makes bit the perfect home base while exploring the area. The kitchen has every convenience, and the beds are super comfy. I adored my stay here and can't wait for my next visit - we are definitely booking again soon!
This was the quintessential place for four of us to experience a home-away from home Cotswolds week. I enjoyed the ‘classically English’ decor, modern appliances and convenient layout. The "village" development location adds to the charm as there's an easy to access trail for a nature walk that loops the area and a convenient on-site grocery store. I highly recommend this property as the perfect base camp for discovering the Cotswolds.
• 550 acres of private nature reserve, including seven lakes and three rivers
• Traditionally styled Cotswold stone holiday cottages
• Outdoor, heated pool (Open Easter to the end of October and over Christmas and New Year)
• Excellent and varied fishing
• Tennis court
• Children’s play area
• Table tennis
• Close to Cirencester and convenient for exploring the Cotswolds
• Good transport links (approx 1.5 hours from West London)
• No large single sex parties are permitted on site
• Somerford Lagoon, being an internationally important site for wintering wildfowl, can only be used for non-powered water sports between 1st April and 30th of September. The footpath to the Southern and Eastern edge of Somerford Lagoon is not accessible from the 1st of October to the 31st of March, in order to minimize disturbance to the wintering wildfowl.
Spinney Lake is available for non-powered water sports throughout the year.
• There are two large, luxury slate-lined, heated swimming pools together with the UK's first Eco-Pool; a freshwater swimming pool purified entirely by water lillies! With a fully equipped gymnasium, a steam room, Scandinavian sauna, library, treatment rooms and a wonderful restful resident's lounge, the luxury health spa facilities will leave you spoilt for choice.
• The beautifully landscaped private gardens provide a peaceful haven to relax, chill out and watch the world go by, complete with sunbathing decks and hammocks! The spa is literally just a few minutes stroll from Mill Village 43.
• As part of your holiday package, you will receive a temporary membership to the spa, so that you can take full advantage of all of the amazing facilities during your break.
Fun for all the Family
• Children of all ages are very welcome and there is plenty to do for the entire family.
|Rental Period||Minimum Price||Additional Nights||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event Price|
Xmas & New Year
23 Dec 2016 - 5 Jan 2017
3 night minimum stay
for 3 nights
My Standard Rate
3 night minimum stay
for 3 nights
|Refundable Damage Deposit||£236|
There is a $300.00 refundable deposit for damages