Luxury, spacious 530sqft 1 bed (4th floor, lift) in hip, historic foodie haven Clerkenwell. In city centre with art, theatre, restaurants, bars & great transport (3-10min walk to bus, tube, train). Loft-style flat flooded with light by huge warehouse windows. Refurbished in 2016. Guests say “amazing, immaculate and in the perfect location, central and quiet”
(Guest Requirements: For check in, guests send a text message or an email to open the automated door entry system. For bookings, we require a signed rental agreement and photo ID.)
This spacious property overlooks a quiet pedestrian street with no buildings opposite. Great rooftop views from every room, wooden floors with underfloor heating, cosy furniture, fast wifi, desk and food shops opposite.
The brightly lit kitchen has all essential equipment, Nespresso, Dualit toaster, kettle, modern Miele and Siemens appliances (oven, hob, extractor, microwave, full size fridge/freezer, dishwasher, washer/dryer), plenty of counter space, full set tableware and cooking implements, basic cooking supplies (oil, salt, pepper, etc) and tea towels.
The lounge includes a 40" HD smart TV, an extendable dining table, 4 chairs, sofa bed (linens provided upon request), coffee tables, lamps, fan and lots of storage. The bedroom includes a double bed (linens provided), bedside tables, desk and chair, fan, wardrobe, drawers and shelves.
And the luxurious bathroom has high-end fittings and great water pressure (full-size bath with overhead plus handheld showers), face, hand and bath towels provided for each guest, large sink, toilet, ample storage, hair dryer, hand soap, shower gel, shampoo and conditioner.
Central location - 15min walk St Pauls, 20min to West End, Covent Garden, Soho. Please scroll down for more details about the neighbourhood, location and transport.
Early check in, late check out, secure bag storage, everything for kids and secure off-street parking (extra cost, 1-2 cars) depending upon availability. For children we provide travel cot, toddler bed, high chair, toys and tableware... even a buggy (extra cost).
"Beautiful apartment right in the heart of the city. Extremely peaceful area and the flat is beautifully kept. Would highly recommend!!!"
"Convenient to major tourist sites where we could easily walk to them while still feeling like we were living in a more local part of town.”
"Leora's apartment was a fantastic place to stay on a recent business trip to The City. It was in a vibrant modern area with lots of places to eat and drink, very convenient for public transport."
"Communication was great and the flat was fantastic for our two-year-old, with a cot, high chair, toys and other bits available. We loved it and will be back when next in London."
This is a small residential building with only 8 flats. We also live in the building, and expect guests to ensure all members of their party adhere to the house rules:
- Max 4 people. No animals, smoking, drugs, excessive drinking, parties, hen or stag parties, high heels or loud music between 21:00 and 1000. Never let anyone into the building unless you know them. Immediately notify owner of any damage. When going out, always close lights, shut windows and lock door. If emptying rubbish, only place it inside the rubbish room (wooden doors outside at building entrance) and not under the stairs where it is a fire risk.
- At check-in guests need to text a code word to a UK mobile number to automatically open the building door, then collect the property keys from a key safe on the ground floor.
- At check-out, guests must close lights, shut windows, lock door, leave ONE set of flat keys in the welcome basket and return ONE flat key to the key safe on the ground floor for the next guest to use. Both door entry fobs must also be returned. And guests who use the complementary secure bag storage cupboard before/after their stay must close light and lock cupboard door, then return cupboard key and fob to the appropriate key safe on the ground floor. Failure to do so may result in a charge on the security deposit to replace the secure key cylinder, door entry fob etc.
The neighbourhood, location and transport
Easy transport here from any of London’s 5 international airports (with direct trains from Gatwick and Luton). And just 1 Tube stope from Eurostar. Once you're here, you'll enjoy easy transport across London with the tube just a 7min walk.
There is plenty of theatre at your doorstep, including Sadlers Wells Theatre and the Barbican (cinema, orchestra and theatre). Museums too - Museum of London, Barbican Galleries and the British Museum. And St Paul's/Thames river just a 15min walk.
A 5-10-minute walk to the City or the Victorian Smithfield Market. A 15min walk to St Paul's/Thames. A 20-25 min walk or bus ride to Tate Modern, British Museum, West End theatres, Covent Garden, Soho, Oxford Circus, Columbia Flower Market, etc.
And you’ll be living in Clerkenwell, a hot destination for foodie Londoners and visitors. Fabulous restaurants in the area from laid-back to Michelin starred. Including St John, Club Gascon, Modern Pantry, Vinoteca, Luca, Moro, Sushi Tetsu, Foxlow, Morito, Shwarma, Brill, Breddos and Caravan. Plus, Fabric nightclub or fab jazz bar and restaurant Oriole just an 8 min walk away.
One week prior to arrival we will send access details for self-check in and check out. Upon arrival, you will find a welcome letter with tips and wifi code, a local map (stores, transport, restaurants) and a book of manuals for equipment in the flat. We live in the same building, so we are often here to answer questions and provide help in person or by messaging.
- Farringdon 7min walk for Tube and Thameslink trains (direct to Gatwick, Luton)
- Many buses a 3-7min walk away
- Eurostar: 1 Tube stop to Farringdon
- Airports: Gatwick & Luton direct train to Farringdon, Stanstead express train + Tube 2 stops, or Heathrow express train to Paddington then 6 Tube stops