7 Bedrooms, 6.5 Baths, Sleeps 20
WVR Hilton Head Reservations
Pool / Spa
Beautiful home that accomodated our family.
When we walked into the house I could not believe it was that same one from a year ago March 2018.
Gone were the tired colors and mish mash of furniture and art! All replaced with new furniture and a concise sophisticated low country decorating theme.
New carpet on the stairs and second floor and newly painted interior gives the house a fresh clean and airy look.
We especially loved the first floor master bedroom furniture and the new private office.
The first floor den has a table perfect for card games and extra dining by the fireplace. That was perfect for the children while we were in the great room.
All the second floor and third floor bedrooms had new bedspreads and again felt nice and fresh. With the addition of the hall bath it gave the teens just a bit more flexibility.
With the pool and new deck it was ideal after tanning at the beach, only steps away. Or to cool off after a round of golf. My favorite!
Of course the convenience to the Beach Club is perfect and we love all the choices for dining on the island.
Mary, we are thrilled to hear that your family had a wonderful time and everyone loved the home and got to take advantage of new add ons. We appreciate your kind words, Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with everyone, we look forward to having you all back again next year!
Many great features to this house, but encountered frustrations regarding maintenance of home.
We were a family of 12 with multiple generations. What we loved was the location and configuration/space, it was everything we had hoped for. However, we had to call and struggle multiple times with the following maintenance issues and it really detracted from our week together. I wrote all of this to Wyndham (property management company) and they were nice and responsive over email. While they did offer to refund me $200, I feel this is an extremely small amount compared to the $16,000+ I paid for the week. Wyndham needs to step up their review/checks on houses they manage.
1. The air conditioning on the 1st (main) floor struggled to keep up. A maintenance technician came out once and replaced a capacitor, but it still struggled. We called again and even though someone at Wyndham promised to send someone out, we have no knowledge that someone came.
2. We arrived the first day to find that there had been a leak in a locked closet on the 2nd floor and there was furniture/items moved out of there, standing in the hallway (blocking it), and a noisy de-humidifier running. I realize things happen, but a) we never should have been surprised by this (someone should have told us pre-arrival) and the items should have been moved somewhere out of the way of the main path.
3. We discovered our stovetop would not light. Someone came out and it could not be fixed this week. I requested and received from Wyndham a lighter so that we could light the stove and use it. I'm fine doing this, but again, we should not have discovered this and given it was our first morning and we were trying to cook breakfast, it was very inconvenient.
4. The spa and pool were very difficult to operate, even with the printed instructions. And I discovered that I had to pay extra to turn the spa on. Wyndham needs to do a better job of discussing this option with the renter and then doing a pre-arrival call with the renter or having someone there to walk through it on day 1 (or facetime or something).
5. The 2nd floor shower (jack-n-jill bathroom) drain was clogged and someone had to come clean it out. It was so bad that those people had to use other showers (water would be up to their ankles within a minute of turning the water on).
I will also tell you that the carpet in this house is really bad. I know it is hard to keep things clean in a rental, but this is the worst I have ever seen in this large and nice of a home (and we rent one every year somewhere).
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at 22 Red Cardinal. It is because of guests like you and the feedback you provide we were able to get the new owners to complete some updates/upgrades immediately. Since your stay in June of 2017 the home was purchased and is under new ownership. Together, we partnered to collect all guest feedback so that updates and upgrades could be completed on a prioritized level. Immediately, new kitchen appliances to include a new gas cook-top, double oven and dishwasher were ordered and installed. The carpeting on the stairs that lead from the kitchen to the game-room & garage has been removed and replaced with tile. A full analysis was done on all of the HVAC systems and all necessary repairs and upgrades have been completed. Your feedback is important to us and the home owner alike. We apologize for missing the mark on making this a flawless vacation for you and your family. We hope with these upgrades and repairs the new owners have done you will come back and give 22 Red Cardinal and Wyndham another chance to create the vacation you want and deserve.