SIERRA BLOSSOM is located inside the heart of Yosemite National Park near the most majestic sites - Glacier Point, Half Dome, Winter Ski Area, and Yosemite Waterfalls. Our family friendly homes boasts all the amenities include FREE WIFI, game room, pool table, large Satellite TV, DVD player, Fireplace and Outdoor patio and Gas BBQ. Our KITCHEN is fully equipped with all cooking and dining needs includes blender, oven, coffee maker and dishwasher.
This 2,200 Sq. Ft single-family house features 3 bedrooms and 4 bathrooms, comfortably sleeps up to 12 guests, providing luxury beds linens and towels.
1 MASTER Bedroom Upstairs: One King size bed, One day bed and One Trundle bed
2 MASTER Bedroom Downstairs: One King size bed
3 MASTER Bedroom Downstairs: One Full size bed and one Queen sofa bed
Living room: One Queen sofa bed
Our guests enjoy many activities including fishing, hiking, kayaking, biking, gold panning, horseback riding, golfing, swimming in river/lake, stargazing, waterfalls, rock climbing and also sign up for art and photography workshops in the Valley.
Located in Yosemite West off of Highway 41, it allows easy access to the Park’s world-famous main attractions:
- Yosemite Valley – El Capitan Tunnel View (9 miles)
- Half Dome, Yosemite Water Falls, Glacier Point and Visitor Center (16 miles)
- Badger Pass Ski area (7 miles)
- Wawona Hotel and Golf Course (13 miles)
- Mariposa Grove of Giant Sequoias (20 miles)
The stay for all of us was wonderful. The house welcomed us with amenities: such as a full set of cooking tools, seasonings and spices and other updated kitchenwares. This is especially convenient for a place you cannot find restaurants easily around. was very responsive to questions asked. Recommended!
This house was great. We had nine people total (7 adults and 2 children) and everyone had a bed to sleep in. Also, while the eating areas were small there was enough room for everyone to find a place to eat comfortably. We actually had 18 people in our entire party, the other nine rented the house next door, and we had all 18 for dinner in this house and there was enough room for all. Kitchen was adequate, but you could not have more than two people in the kitchen without bumping in to each other. But the stove and other facilities were good enough to cook for the 18 people in my group for each night we did not grill. The surrounding area is very peaceful. There was a crew doing construction on a house on the next street, we could see the construction but the forest is such that the noise was minimal. There were wild turkey and deer around the house each morning, and even a bear near the main road at night. The one issue I had with the house itself was the plumbing. If someone was taking a shower and someone else flushed the toilet, or started to wash dishes, the water temperature would dramatically change. Other than that I would say this house was perfect for my trip.
I found the location of the house to be perfect for the activities we had planned. A few of our planned activities started at Glacier Point and this house was less than 5 minutes from the Glacier Point road. It was also between Wawona and the valley floor so I would describe it as centrally located to the places I would be traveling to. It was about 30 minutes to the valley floor, and 20 minutes to Wawona. This is the first time I have stayed inside Yosemite while visiting and I would stay here again.
This property could have easily been a 5 star if they just would have added a little more effort in making everything functional and had additional cooking pans. The place was in the park which made getting to the areas we wanted to see very accessible. The house had plenty of doom for us and the neighborhood was quiet and off the beaten path which we loved! The items needed addressing that would have made it 5 stars were, faucet on one of bathroom sinks had only a drip of water come out, the shower curtain rod was held up on one end with a folded up sock. Bathroom door where toilet was in one bathroom would not shut, must have replaced the toilet and the door hit the toilet. The pans to cook were old and did not have a large skillet. There was no dust pan and the stairs could use some non slide strips as the mornings can build a slick stairway to the car. Other than those small and easy to fix items we had an awesome time!
In general we liked the property and had a great time at this house. I am only giving it a 3 for the following reasons: We received a link to an app with all of the instructions for the property. This included very specific directions to the house. We followed the directions as instructed and ended up at a different property. I tried reaching Adam on the cell number provided and didn't hear back until much later that evening. It took us over an hour to realize that we were sent the wrong directions. It was very stressful as it was becoming dark and we were a family of 8 and not sure where/how to find the property. I suggest confirming with the owner prior to the trip to ensure you have all of the necessary and correct information. Also, the bathrooms and kitchen floor did not appear to have been cleaned. Due to these reasons, I am giving this property a 3 star rating. Otherwise, it is a nice house.
Spacious property with mostly new appliances.
Easy access to Yosemite.
The not so good:
Property really needs some TLC.
- Missing light bulbs
- Chipped paint
- Dirty grout in bathrooms
- Don't open the sleeper sofa - it's quite filthy.
- Wifi is awful. Yes, I know it's the mountains, but this is 2016.
- Broken outside table makes eating meals outside impractical for groups of more than 4.
- Ceiling fan in master bed only comes on when lights are on. Not that great for sleeping.
Overall a good house, but it needs a weekend of maintenance to bring it up to a 5 star house.
We spent July 4th weekend in this house. This house is good enough for 3 families and kids as stated in the description. This house is just okay to stay and there are many other properties in this location to choose from. I believe the house should be such that that you want to come back again to a relaxing weekend. However, this was certainly not the house. See below detailed description.
Pro: The good thing about the house is Location, that it is located inside the Yosemite National Park. On a busy day like July 4th weekend we spent, it might take a little over 30 minute to reach to Yosemite Valley, if you leave the house by 800 AM. House has ample supply of towels, bed linen and fully equipped kitchen. Other perks include TV with channels, pool table, games for kids and easy access to many point of interest.
However, when you are in Yosemite, you want to hike, and then you are tired and want to feel home for a good night sleep. This house did not stand out and make you feel like coming back.
Cons: There are many, some of the below items must be taken care by owners urgently. The house is $595/night and the guest should get a comfortable night for this price.
1. The air-conditioning in the house does not work. This must be absolutely changed. Our days were horribly to stay in the house, while nights were okay due to temperature drops. We kept all the windows open so that we can at least get some sleep. It also comes at the cost of mosquitos and big bugs getting in. Else, I bet no one can sleep there.
2. The upstairs room was the worst, as it was the most heated room and even late in the night too. We were three families and had to leave this room due to boiling temperature. Owner must take care of this.
3. The room next to living room has lights and fans the common connection. So, if you turn off the light, the fan will also shut off. Who does that? This must be changed.
4. The sofa beds should be changed. There are many negative reviews regarding sofa beds. In fact, we requested before arrival to change the sofa bed. Please take care of these.
5. Non-functional patio fridge. The freezer section was working like a refrigerator.
6. One of the bathroom locks were not working. If you have to use it, you need to close the bedroom.
7. There are mosquitos outside and the situation get worst between 500-1000 PM. It can’t be avoided as its part of the nature. But, the owners can make life a little better for the guest by providing insect repella
Couldn't ask for a more central location to the Yosemite Valley and Wawona -- the drive to great hiking and sights was 30-45 minutes. The house was as pictured, and accommodated our two families well. We stocked up on food and drinks before we hit the park, and we were very glad we did. The only disappointments we had were a lack of firewood (we called to request it twice), and inconsistent heating throughout the house, where the main rooms were cold while the bedrooms were boiling. If you were comfortable leaving bedroom doors open all night it seemed to equalize. We were there for the spring thaw and it would have been nice to have the stairs shoveled.
No pets, No AC, Yes for central heating, Free Wi-Fi, Non Smoking