Large private family stone house over 3 levels (can sleep 14 with baby) with a large private salt swimming pool 10x5m surrounded by 5 hectares (12 acres) of fields and woodland. The grounds consist of the house and 2 outbuildings (garage and garden shed) without any neighbours in close proximity. There is also a wishing well which has been secured.
Outstanding 360 surrounding views: the Chateau de Turenne (day and night) which is within walking distance from the house and the valley below. Turenne is a medieval village with spectacular views and has a hotel, 4 restaurants, a cafe/bar and a small convenience store all within walking distance.
The house is in an ideal location to visit Collonges la Rouge, Rocamadour, Sarlat-la-Canéda, the Dordogne river and the Lot. Many hikes possible from the house along with water sports and outdoor activities.
The house is located 2mins away from a fishing lake, 30mins from Souillac Golf/Country Club and easy access from the motorway (A20 being 10mins), Brive airport 15mins and Limoges airport 1h30 door to door.
The lower level of the house consists of:
- A double bedroom with two single beds - orientated in the East with classic country shuttered windows and beautiful views of the valley below
- A double bedroom with a king size bed - with french windows leading out to its own garden terrace and beautiful views of the valley below
- A third bedroom with double bed
- Summer kitchen with dinner table
- A bedroom/playroom with a large double sofa bed as well as a TV and DVD player, includes selection of books, games and DVD's
- 1 bathroom with shower and separate toilet
- a spacious hallway with the ping pong table
- a utility room with washing machine and tumble dryer
- storage room for all outdoor equipment, bikes etc
- Direct access to the pool and gardens, if you wish to avoid going through the main living area
The ground floor level consists of:
- An open plan family area (over 60m2) consisting of dining & living area, including a library of books in English, French and Spanish as well a selection of board games. A modern kitchen with solid oak wooden floor
- Center piece double sided wood burning stove
- Kitchen is fully equipped with dishwasher, large fan oven, american fridge (ice always available), coffee machine, microwave, Nespresso machine, kettle, toaster & hover
- A bathroom with toilet, shower and hand basin
- Access to 3 separate sun terraces which are South, East and North facing 2 of which have beautiful valley views and one overlooking the Chateau of Turenne and all have access to the pool, gardens and fields beyond.
The upper level consists of:
- A large family room which sleeps at least 3, with wooden beams and includes a double bed as well a single bed and a sofa which is orientated in the East with view of the valleys
- A double bedroom with a double bed and a single bed
- A separate toilet
- A shower room with sink basin
- A dressing room with 8+ large shelves and double wardrobe hanging space
- 10 sun loungers
- 2 Outdoor tables and chairs, umbrella
- Covered terrace by the pool area
- Extensive gardens with swing, leading to 5 hectares (12 acres) of fields and woodland
- Crockery, cutlery & glassware to accommodate family of 12+
- Selection of saucepans &cooking equipment
- Single fold away camp bed
- Baby travel cot is available with mattress
- x1 Children's bed guard rail
- Iron & ironing board
- Bedding & towels provided