Walkley Wood Cottage is a pretty, semi-detached cottage set over 4 floors and full of cosy character. Perfect for 2-3 guests but can sleep up to 4.
Beautiful scenery and walks are on the doorstep, and a range of interesting shops, delis and restaurants are all a 10 minute walk away in the small market town of Nailsworth. There's also a great local pub just a short walk across the valley.
A perfect base to relax, or explore historic Bath, Tetbury, Westonbirt and beyond.
The layout of the cottage adds to its quirky charm. In true cottage style the rooms are full of original features such as exposed Cotswold stone wall and a traditional fireplace with woodburner.
On the ground floor the cosy living room has a fireplace with woodburner, TV, DVD player and a selection of DVDs to watch, plus a range of games and books are also available for your use.
The kitchen is situated on the lower ground floor and has a dining table that seats 4, plus a highchair is also available. Tea, coffee and milk is supplied for arrival. The kitchen is fully equipped and has a large fridge/freezer, dishwasher (tablets supplied), electric oven with a gas 5 burner hob, microwave, iron and ironing board (please note there is limited natural light in the kitchen - skylight window).
There are lovely views to be enjoyed from the master bedroom - this is a light and larger room on the top floor. It is furnished with antique furnishings and a king size bed which can also be configured as 2 twin beds on request.
On the first floor there is a smaller 2nd bedroom that has a single bed with a pull out 2nd single bed (on request). Towels, linens and toiletries are supplied.
Outside to the front of the cottage, there is a small pretty courtyard garden.
Nailsworth is a great base from which to explore the Cotswolds. The beauty of Westonbirt Arboretum is only a short drive away, as is the unspoilt Minchinhampton Common. Tetbury, Bath and Cheltenham are also within easy access.
There are numerous walks and footpaths to enjoy along the valley and over the rolling Cotswold Hills. These vary in difficulty so there is something to suit everyone.
Cyclists are not left out with a wonderful eight-mile, flat cycle path that winds its way from Nailsworth along the old railway line to Stonehouse. This is a great way to appreciate the many mills, industrial heritage and stunning scenery.
Horse riding is available at the local stables where you can take hacks out into the beautiful countryside all year round.
Nailsworth itself is a small town full of essential shopping requirements and some interesting craft and vintage shops. Plus for foodies there is Hobbs House Bakery and Williams Delicatessen and Oyster bar, as well as a good choice of restaurants, pubs and takeaways.
The cottage has a welcome folder full of places to visit and things to do during your stay.
**PLEASE READ BEFORE BOOKING**
- We are situated in a quiet, peaceful area yet in close proximity to our next door neighbours and other surrounding cottages. Out of courtesy to our neighbours please be respectful and mindful of noise during your stay. No parties or group bookings are accepted.
- The 2nd bedroom of the property is a smaller bedroom with 1 single bed plus the option of an additional pull out bed (please note - space within the 2nd bedroom is limited with both beds in place - see photo).
- The property is semi-detached and the garden is a small courtyard area to the front of the property which also has a shared path to our neighbours front door.
- Up to 2 medium sized dogs are welcome in the cottage but only to be allowed in the downstairs areas - living room and kitchen - and not to be left alone in the property at any time.
- The cottage is infant friendly, we supply a high chair and travel cot but please be aware that there are no stair gates (we are on 4 floors) or fire guard supplied.
- Parking is on-street and unfortunately there aren't any spaces directly outside the cottage however we usually have no problem finding a space to park around 100-200 metres away. The cottages in the area were built long before the roads were used by cars, so please be aware the streets can be quite narrow in places. We find it is part of the charm of the area, but appreciate it can sometimes take a bit of getting used to. Full directions and a map will be sent on booking.