A 3 bedroom 60's town house in quiet street in central London Zone 1, within 15 min walk to Big Ben and 35 min walk to Trafalgar Square. Recently renovated by a young team of architects in a contemporary design, with loads of light and space.
The bedrooms as well as the main bathroom are all on the first floor:
* Master Bedroom: large double room (5m X 2.7m) with 1.60cm wide X 200cm long double bed, good quality mattress (ikea hesseng, firm) and two pillows (ikea jordrok, feather filling), fitted wardrobe, small desk and chair. Two full size windows with juliet balconies overlooking the rear garden.
* En-suite shower room to master bedroom: compact (0.9m x 2.7m) shower room with rain shower enclosure (90cm x 75cm), sink and toilet
* Mid-size (3m x 3m) double room: 140cm wide 200cm long double bed, good quality mattress (Ikea Sultan Hasselback, a few years old but still in good condition), wardrobe, desk and chair
* Small (3m x 2m) double room: 140cm wide 200cm long double bed, good quality mattress (Ikea Sultan Hasselback, a few years old but still in good condition), fitted wardrobe, desk and chair
* Main Bathroom: 180cm long X 70cm wide bathtub with standard shower, sink, toilet, natural light from skylight
The ground floor is occupied by a large semi open plan living space:
* Kitchen / dining room to the rear of the house, fully equipped with oven, microwave, dishwasher, induction cooker. The extension beyond the kitchen has a dining table with 5 chairs (one additional foldable chairs available in storage area) and a single sofa. The extension ceiling has been built entirely with plywood in a original and quite striking design. Fully glazed rear wall with two large glazed doors opening to a large patio garden
* Living room to the front: double sofa and two large bean bags for seating, as well as a bay window with a window seat, flat screen tv with digital television (Virgin). This section is separate from the kitchen by two large sliding doors and can be completely closed off if needed.
* utility section with washer / dryer and storage
* downstairs toilet
* piano room / alternative opening between kitchen and living room.
The house has been completely renovated to provide ample living space and loads of light inside (thanks to several roof lights), and it feels peaceful and bright even with London not-so-great weather
In order to help you decide on whether this would be the right place for you, this is what I would comment about it if I stayed here as a guest:
* spacious house, with ample living space which is bright and airy thanks to large windows and several skylights (because of this it may feel not too private, but that's not an issue for me)
* modern clean design - more functional than fancy, mostly Ikea furniture throughout, but with some beautiful contemporary architecture in the extension, and generally a nice streamlined design.
* Lovely patio garden at the rear of the house, set against the gardens of the neighbouring properties, with a comfy hammock to enjoy the (occasional) London sunshine.
* Very central location, just 10 mins walk to the river Thames, and 20 mins walk to Big Ben. Close to 3 tube stations, although all of them about 10 mins walk
* The street the house is located in is surrounded by post-war buildings, some of them high-rise, which can look slightly intimidating at first. It's completely safe (and actually quite neighbourly), and very convenient (next to the main road and a big supermarket, but away from traffic), but it may not appeal everybody
* Two of the neighbouring properties are rented to young professionals, lovely guys but can be a bit noisy sometimes. The immediate neighbour in particular is quite a rock fan and occasionally enjoys playing drums in the evening, never later than 21:00. The house is fairly well insulated so the noise is not very disruptive, but it's noticeable so if you expect to go to bed very early this may be an issue. Other than that the house is very quiet (for such a central location)