|Minimum Stay||1 - 2 nights|
Live artfully with a large foodies luxury kitchen, new appliances, gas stove and six large windows looking out over the Wicomico River. Cozy up in 'madmen' inspired colorful decor in the jazzy living room with Wi-Fi and cable TV. Get some shut-eye in one of two of the original hotel rooms each with a tiled, retro private full bath.
The apartment is fully stocked with linens, toiletries, kitchenware and new appliances should you wish to eat in. If not the cafe downstairs has great coffees & bakery goods. Close to shopping, groceries and restaurants, you may park off street in the back parking lot. The building has a lovely view of the river and frequently a tugboat or two are docked out front.
The Main Lake Building . 1927 . was the cornerstone hotel of the lively Westside where Billie Holiday serenaded a rollicking night scene. It fell into disrepair until it was purchased in 1990 and renovated to house Chesapeake East handmade ceramics & decor by designer Dana Simson, sold in fine stores and galleries internationally. The Chesapeake East store and gallery is downstairs along with SunPerk’s Cafe and PIY paint it yourself studio. Four large loft apartments are upstairs. A second option; Lux.Loft C, has high ceilings throughout and furnished in comfy elegance. Salisbury is home to Salisbury University- and the cultural hub of Maryland's Eastern Shore close to Ocean points and Chesapeake Bay destinations a like. Pemberton Park and the Salisbury Zoo are both nearby with walking paths.
The Marina just steps away is opening a kayak rental.
Run by artists: Dana Simson & John Orth. VISIT US! Downstairs is the Riverwalk Cafe DELICIOUS! Hours 7am -3pm Monday thru Saturday. They will serve breakfast, lunch and treats along with smoothies and wonderful coffee!! PIY. Paint it Yourself pottery studio is also downstairs along with our store Chesapeake East Company . selling local fine art, craft and jewelry. (We are open 11-5 Wednesday-Friday and Saturday 10-3.Dana & John are life-long working artists whose work has been collected internationally. Dana is also an author illustrator with 11 published childrens Books.
Her designs have been produced in home decor, dinnerware, fabric, gifts and stationary. Her flagship store Chesapeake East is downstairs. Dana and John live on a farm on the Chesapeake Bay. Environmentalists and nature-lovers.
Property Manager/Owner purchased this apartment in 1998
Centrally located in downtown Salisbury near Salisbury University and walkable to restaurants, entertainment and the Marina. Evo Brewery is just blocks away. You are only 20-30 minutes from the Ocean beaches to the east or the Bay to the west.
There are many wonderful places to explore and we provide a list with details and timeframes. Beautiful Lofts at a reasonable price with many options for fun nearby.
Dana & John purchased the Mainlake building 16 years ago in derelict condition- they have completely restored what was an old hotel on the Wicomico River in downtown Salisbury.
No one builds buildings like this anymore- high tin ceilings in the store downstairs- brick walls- transom windows that open to river breezes- attention to detail and joyful touches bring a smile to all that enter.
Easy off street parking in a large lot behind the building. WiFi and cable TV,
laundry on site, a cafe downstairs and restaurants and entertainment venues steps away. Salisbury is close to both the beaches seaside and the Chesapeake Bay for water sports and kayaking. In town you'll find a great little zoo- bike trails and river walks.
We believe in providing an up-lifting experience for our guests- our lofts are full of original art and designed for comfort. When we travel we noted the places beautifully maintained by hosts really add to the joy of the journey- this is our mission as well.
We had a great stay at your apartment in Salisbury. Thank you for hosting us! The fireworks on New Year's Eve were amazing! The cafe and store were fun and our children loved painting pottery! The apartment was clean, well stocked, and very comfortable. Thank you again.
We had a very nice stay to visit family for the holidays. The location was very convenient and within walking distance to shops and restaurants in Salisbury. Dana was a great host and accommodating for the family. Having family close by in snow hill, we will most likely be back for another stay!
We visit Salisbury yearly because me husbands family lives there. Dana and John were excellent, we had minor ac issues and but they worked diligently to fix it! The kitchen was very convent and had everything we needed. This is way better than a hotel for around the same price of not better. Showers were excellent and beds slept well. We highly recommend this place.
clean and well stocked apt with accommodating host. we would stay there again. easily walkable to downtown Salisbury.
We are familiar with Salisbury and the location was very convenient for our thanksgiving trip. We had coffee and breakfast one morning in the cafe downstairs and highly recommend both the coffee and the egg/sausage biscuit. We brought our dog, but did not leave him alone in the apartment at Dana's request. That was fine with us.
The apartment had ample space in the kitchens and bedrooms. We appreciated Dana staying until 5:30 to meet us the first night as we were a little later than we had expected. Altogether the apartment fit our needs.
Me, my mother, and my cat loved staying here. My mom and I each had our own room and our own bathroom. The kitchen is a good size and would have been a pleasure to cook in but we didn't have the time. The whole place is decorated wonderfully and very uniquely . Across the street there's a restaurant that is right on the river with seating outside. They had live music, a great beer selection, and good food. But the place that can't be missed is the cute little cafe downstairs. The food was amazing! Plus the owner was a gem. Stay here and you won't regret it.
We have a resources PDF about nearby towns and attractions- plus nearby businesses and where to find things you might need.
|Refundable Damage Deposit||£122|
Please: no smoking, green energy efficient apartment, please be mindful of others in the building, keep your noise level reasonable. Renters agree to vacate rented premises no later than the hour and date shown reserved
and to return the keys immediately to the owner.
1. There shall be NO SMOKING inside the premises.
2. Pets may be brought onto the premises with special permission from Landlord. There is a fee per animal of $50.
3. No fireworks or firearms are permitted inside the premises or on the grounds.
4. The landlord or their designated representative has the right to inspect the premises without prior notice at any time to enforce the terms of this agreement. Should the tenant violate any terms of this agreement, the rental period will be terminated immediately.
5. The tenant may not sublet the premises. The premises are leased for no more than 5 persons (4 are included in rental fee, additional one is $50. 00) Principal Tenant must stay at the property during the rental term and must be 21 years old.
6. The Tenant shall maintain the premises in a good clean condition and use the premises in a careful and lawful manner. Cleaning services are provided upon checkout for normal usage. The Tenant shall pay for any excessive damage or cleaning required beyond normal use. The Tenant shall place trash and recycling materials in the containers provided.
7. The Tenant and their guests shall behave in a polite, civilized manner and shall be a good neighbor, respecting the rights of others in the building and neighborhood. The Tenant shall be mindfull of their noise level and do nothing likely to disturb or annoy others in the building. Creating a disturbance shall be grounds for immediate termination of this Agreement and Tenant shall vacate the premises at that time.
8. Tenant expressly acknowledges and agrees that this Agreement is for transient occupancy of the premises, and that the Tenant does not intend to make the property a residence or household.
* Approximate monthly price. Actual pricing will depend on the days of the month you stay.