Sleeps up to 5 persons in a quiet village location in a conservation area
- 100% refund if you cancel at least 30 days before check-in.
- 50% refund (minus the service fee) if you cancel at least 14 days before check-in.
- No refund if you cancel less than 14 days before check-in.
Damage and incidentals
You will be responsible for any damage to the rental property that is caused by you or your party during your stay.
Children allowed - Children should be aged 10 years or olderChildren should be aged 10 years or older
Pets allowed - Well-behaved pets are always welcome.Well-behaved pets are always welcome.
No smoking - This is strictly a non-smoking / vaping property.This is strictly a non-smoking / vaping property.
Max guests: 5 (sleeps up to 5 adults)
Minimum age of primary renter: 25
- Guests must keep their dog(s) on a lead at all times when entering or leaving the property as there is livestock and poultry in the vicinity.
- In the event of fire, guests should vacate the property as soon as possible. Exit through the downstairs living room window if fire is in the kitchen.
- All rubbish should be disposed of into the bins provided in the kitchen. Bins are marked for food waste, recyclable and general waste items.
About Eric Vose
I'm recently retired and moved to the West Country with my partner Amanda during the Spring of 2016. Our aim was to create a holiday home and to enjoy a better quality of life in a village location - we have achieved both of these goals. We feel as though we came away on a holiday and never went home! Our rural location is both peaceful and full of character with an amazing array of ancient stone buildings in a conservation area.
Eric Vose purchased this Barn in 2016
Why Eric Vose chose Merriott
We live in Maple Cottage which is situated across the driveway from The Barn. We were instantly taken by the setting and appearance of the 2 buildings when we viewed the properties early in 2016. The opportunity to convert The Barn into a holiday let was an exciting project and before the end of the year we were able to open our doors to guests. The Barn is really well-appointed and provides all of the modern comforts and features that today's guests routinely expect. We have used the experiences from our stays in holiday cottages in an attempt to cater for all of the things we wanted to find in the perfect location.
What makes this Barn unique
We are so lucky to live in a conservation area and we particularly enjoy the wonderful historic buildings we have in our village. The village church, All Saints dates back to the 13th century and the local pub was serving beer in the late 17th century. The majority of the village buildings are constructed from Hamstone, which is quarried locally at Ham Hill. The rustic, honey tones of the stone is uniquely attractive to the area. The Barn was converted to a dwelling over 50 years ago but within the last decade has been restored and refurbished to provide a modern living space in an historical setting.