24h Self Checkin upon arrival. You would need to insert a code into the electronic keypad entry system to be able to open the door. The code will be provided on the day of arrival.
Built in 1901, this light and spacious house is just a 10 min walk from the city center and the beautiful Sonsbeek Park. A perfect getaway place to escape for a couple or for a small family with kids. Also suitable for business travelers.
Child friendly with baby cot available if needed.
• The Space•
The house is a perfect place to get away from the city noise. You are just 10 minutes walk from the city center. The Openlucht Museum and Burgers Zoo are just 10 minutes away by car (25-35 minutes by bike). Beautiful Sonsbeek Park is just an 8-10 minutes walk away.
You can use almost all the entire house but one small bedroom downstairs and the basement.
• Guest Access•
You can use almost the entire house BUT one small kid's bedroom downstairs.
•Interaction with Guests•
I use the house with my two sons. However, if you wish to rent the house on days which are blocked out on the calendar, I am flexible and can discuss your possibilities.
• Getting Around•
From the Arnhem Central Station to the house by public transport:
Trolley-bus 13 (direction Arnhem Klarendalseweg) 5 stops until bus stop Onder de Linden (5th stop out), from there is just 60 m down the street till the house.
Trolley-bus 3 (direction Burgers Zoo) until the stop Graaf Ottoplein (4th stop out) and walk up the street 3 min until the house.
Those 2 trolley-buses which stop close to the house.
Alternatively, you can take a short train ride from the Central Station Arnhem to Arnhem-Velperpoort (2 min by train) and 7 min walk from the train station to the house.
A bus stop is just 60m away.
A&H supermarket is 200m down the street.
20-25 min walk to the Central Train Station of Arnhem,
Pathe cinema and shopping streets are 10-20 minutes walking.
You are 20km from the German border.
• Other Things to Note•
Guests are welcome to use the Nespresso coffee machine.
You may use the washing machine. The WiFi connection is good. There is a TV but I DO NOT have any Dutch or other channels, you can plug your USB with films into the TV! You can connect your Netflix via my Googlecast into TV as well. A DVD player is available upon request. I DO NOT have a microwave.
Kids are more than welcome to play with toys from the big toy box!
A double blow up bed (extra cost applies) can be put in the living room and an extra camping baby cot (free) can be provided on request for a child under 3 years old.
• No shoes anywhere in the house.
• Please do not consume food items that can stain in the bedroom and on the couch.
• No unexpected overnight guests.
• Please don't use towels as a makeup remover (It's extremely hard to remove the stains).
• The tenants are responsible for possible damage during their stay. All possible damage will be evaluated within 48h after check out.
• Please respect the privacy and do not enter the small kids bedroom downstairs.
• House decorations are strictly for decoration purpose, not for guests use. Decorative candles in the house are strictly for decoration, not to be burned.
• Please make sure to clean dishes before you check out and please take garbage away. I kindly ask you to leave the house in the same state you found it.
• You may use the washing machine.
• Basement is not for the guests use.
• In WINTER TIME/Cold times, please turn the heating down (main room on the wall to the left) before you leave the house.