"Le Charme de la Rivière"
Perfect family vacation retreat with a prime waterfront location on the Dordogne River, fully equipped with everything you might need to enjoy a relaxing stress- free holiday. Ideal for a large family reunion, 2 family groups ( 6 adults plus 4 children ) or for a romantic getaway.
This quiet and private home with peaceful views is only 20 minutes from St Emilion the medieval village with exceptional wines ( UNESCO World Heritage site), and 45 minutes from the cities of Bordeaux & Bergerac.
Ideally located at the edge of a charming village, the long tree-lined driveway will guide you to the home, enjoying along the lovely gardens, well-kept lawns, mature trees and a fruit orchard along the way.
This charming 18th century classic French Maison has been recently rejuvenated whilst still keeping its old worldly charm. The wonderful original tiled main entrance takes you directly to a large eat-in fully equipped kitchen (seating for 6) it also leads you to the large light-filled open plan area which is perfect for entertaining and family fun, including formal dining table (seating for 10), lounge area, library, Satellite TV and a grand fireplace.
Once leaving this grand open plan living area through either of the two sets of French doors you will find the sun-drenched newly restored terrace and riverside heated pool with lights to use in the long summer evenings.
Upstairs has 4 spacious bedrooms which can comfortably accommodate 6 adults and 4 children, the bedrooms have charming feature wood beams and lovely window vistas, master bedroom includes a balcony with views facing the pool and river. All rooms accessible, as well as their 2 bathrooms, from a central landing and a light-filled hallway with two skylights. Portable cot and high chair available for use.
From the terrace and poolside there is access to the large bathroom with a separate toilet. Incorporated into the house, you will find a huge enormous barn style rumpus room which provides a great indoor games area with table tennis, electronic darts, basketball and storage area for a selection of sports equipment: footballs, badminton, and croquet; even a high tech electronic exercise bike - all available for our guests to use at their leisure. You will also find a selection of bikes which are for you to pedal off and explore the wonderful surrounding villages and stunning countryside.
Plenty of well-kept lawns that are ideal for playing, badminton or a friendly game of football. All children of all ages will love the playground area, exploring the hidden secret gardens or picking fruits from the orchard. This beautiful classic home and grounds with it’s east-facing orientation to the river offer daily panorama river views of wonderful sunrises and sunsets as well as tranquillity, privacy and security.
Ideal private location but still only a short walk to the village centre, which is a historic port area. There are many pleasant spots to walk and cycle along. Popular activities include: Canoeing, cycling brocantes, wine tasting, exploring chateau’s, local markets & summer night markets, plus much more. It is truly an ideal base for families and friends looking to explore this beautiful region.
What we love about this home:
* Enjoying “al fresco” dining of the large poolside terrace in the sun or under the shade of our mature trees
* Breathtaking views of the Dordogne river with its beauty and serenity
* Waking up watching amazing sunrises on the river from the master bedroom
* Watch the stunning and abundant wildlife on, in and above the river from your private poolside terrace
* Stepped entry to the heated salt water pool & easy use electronic security cover
* Dining in any of the amazing local restaurants in the area
* Cooking homemade French meals from French Recipe books in the large country kitchen
* Playing a game of badminton or football on the well-kept green lawns
* Picking and eating fruit from the fruit orchard (when in season)
* Hiring a local canoe and having a picnic & day of fun on the river
* Enjoying evening drinks on the terrace watching the sun setting on the river
* Centrally positioned allowing for countless easy day adventures