|Minimum Stay||5 - 7 nights|
This is a beautiful and spacious 3 bedroom, 2.5 bathroom, vacation villa known as 'Kingston House", located on Tortola in the British Virgin Islands.(BVIs).
This recently renovated property possesses a private in-ground pool, and modern amenities, including new kitchen appliances.
It is located in the Kingston Hill neighborhood of Tortola, with wonderful views of the Roadtown Harbor.
The villa's location is convenient to the central business district and port of Road Town and many of the island's expansive white sand beaches.
Tropical Island Retreats, LTD. strives to provide exceptional properties for extraordinary vacations. We have been owners and operators of Caribbean vacation villas since 1999.
Kingston House is a beautiful home that offers privacy, panoramic views of the Sir Francis Drake Channel and Roadtown harbour, cool Caribbean breezes, and proximity to all of Road Town, BVI, commercial amenities.
This quirky home was designed by one of Tortola's favorite sailors. The teak details in the living room and kitchen area, reminiscent of a sailing ship, are tastefully folded into the open archways and breezes of this delightful home.
We were very disappointed with our stay at your home in Tortola. In particular, we were surprised by the overall generally poor general state of disrepair.
The following is a summary of all of the difficulties we ran into during our stay:
1. The air conditioner in the larger upstairs room did not work at all, a fact that was previously known by the owner but not disclosed. This resulted in our 6'1" son having to sleep in a single bed in the same room as his little brother.
2. The air conditioner in the small room upstairs malfunctioned during the second night ( turning itself on and off on its own with numerous loud beeps throughout the night) causing my sons to not sleep well at all that night. It was not repaired for 2 days causing me to have to sleep in that room without air conditioning for 1 night. My sons moved into the master bed and my wife slept on the floor!
The air conditioner was repaired after multiple (3) visits by repairmen.
3. Rats ate through a garbage bag in the kitchen and also one of our cooler bags. We were not expecting there to be a problem with rats when we booked your home. (It was the exterminator who advised us that they were rats while setting up traps on our last day).
3. The fridge/ freezer was not working properly when we arrived. Although 2 men came to service it, it continued to leak periodically throughout our stay. I could tell by the brown stain on the floor under the front of the freezer door that this was a long standing problem.
4. There was no garbage pail in the kitchen. The property manager did provide one at our request during our stay. 5. The drain in the master bedroom shower did not work properly such that water would pool after one shower making consecutive showers impossible without causing water to escape over the ledge in the shower onto the bathroom floor. The pooling of the water in the shower area also did not allow the dirty water to drain proper making the shower floor very slippery and hazardous by the end of our stay.
6. The Television/cable was not working and was not fixed until half way into our stay ( after a visit by a technician). 7. The propane tank for the BBQ was empty after only one use. 8. The halogen light in the master bathroom exploded, causing the glass fixture to crack. We were advised by the electrician that this light was too powerful and ran too hot and was dangerous and the whole fixture should be replaced.
9. The ceiling fan in the smaller bedroom upstairs did not work.
The pictures were obviously taken a while ago. The house looks the same, just not taken care of as well as it could be. The view is spectacular. House manager Lucienne is great. She met us at the ferry (on her birthday) and took us to the grocery store before going to the house. The local cell phones and wifi were awesome.
The master bath shower never drained properly. She had a plumber there 4 out of our 6 days but it seemed to get worse instead of better. Master bath light over sink was broken so bathroom was dark. She brought in an extra light. Guest house hot water was sketchy. A breaker tripped but even after that the hot water was not reliable. The AC didn't work in one of the guest house bedrooms. Lucienne had the beds moved for us so the other couple didn't have to sleep in twin beds.
It was nice to have a "home base" for the week. The mosquitoes were BAD....we went through 2 cans of OFF!We suggest renting a jeep since the Villa is quite a bit away from any restaurants or docks. The driving on Tortola is crazy so be brave but cautious. Jerry's Rental was very helpful. He met us at the ferry dock with the car.
Overall the house was nice....we didn't realize that only the bedrooms had AC...maybe I missed that in the description. Also, the note left in the house said that using the washer and dryer were extra. Don't see that in the description either.
August is when some of the shops/restaurants and resorts start to close for the off season but we still had plenty to choose from.
Kingston Villa is located close to Roadtown, capital city of Tortola, BVI. Consequently, it is close to the movie theater, live theater, sports complex, shops, and restaurants, as well as the Community College. It is also very close to Brandywine Bay Beach, and the Brandywine Bay Zagat-rated restaurant.
Although located on Tortola's South Shore, and close to Roadtown, Kingston Villa easily accesses the North Shore beaches as well as remote Josiah's Bay. It is equally close to Beef Island and Hodges Bay Marina...in short , a superb location!