Villa Eros is a stunningly stylish villa with quiet elegance and intimate romantic charm. It is a perfect couple’s retreat, nestled high on the hills above the resort of Skala, with dramatic landscape & magnificent sea views over the Ionian and other Greek Islands. Undoubtedly, Villa Eros is perfect for your romantic getaway.
Villa Eros is the only luxury one-bedroom villa in Old Skala and includes its own infinity private pool, nestled into the hills, overlooking the Ionian Sea. Poised within one acre of landscaped and natural grounds, Villa Eros is your perfect romantic Greek island escape.
The villa is meant for just the two of you and well-appointed to an uncompromising standard. Expertly crafted from a blend of natural materials, the villa is a tribute to contemporary design and luxury with its muted tones and warm fabrics creating a cool, clean and harmonious living space. Comprised of a seriously spacious double bedroom with large sliding glass doors leading out to a secluded terrace and wonderful sea vistas. The en-suite spa-style bathroom includes his/hers double wash-basins set in marble, large walk-in shower and a big sunken oval bath tub which boasts sea views all its own. The modern open plan lounge, dining and kitchen area are nicely appointed to make your indoor time as wonderful as your outdoor time and the comfortable and inviting sofa suite, sleek low coffee table and entertainment centre make a cosy evening staying in that much nicer.
Once outside, you will notice that Villa Eros is positioned in one of the most coveted spots in Old Skala, giving you maximum views and maximum privacy. Throughout the patio and pool area you are all to yourself, with the grounds planted with olive trees, lavender and other native flora to give you all the seclusion you want for sunbathing and swimming. Villa Eros' superb infinity pool is tiled with Italian sea-blue tiles that complement and enhance the arresting views over the Ionian Sea. To complete the ambiance on the patio and pool terrace, there are two lovely sun beds for basking in the warm sunshine and is a shaded veranda complete with outdoor seating and an “al-fresco” dining area where you will enjoy lingering over breakfast in the morning as the rising sun illuminates the Kefalonian seascape below.
Villa Eros is one of only a handful of luxury one-bedroom villas on the island of Kefalonia. With limited upscale one-bedroom accommodation available in this sought-after location, Villa Eros is the ideal choice for couples looking for a sumptuous and discreet get-away. The surroundings are set to a luxurious standard, with all the privacy you wish for and in the tranquil setting of the hillside above Skala Beach.
While the villa is self-catering, services include a welcome basket including local produce, mid-weekly maid service, regular pool maintenance and a locally based property management company operating a 24-hour help line for emergency assistance.
An information pack including directions, key collection instructions and local contact details are provided prior to arrival.
WHAT PREVIOUS GUESTS HAVE TO SAY:
Kefalonia’s Villa Eros is universally receiving five-star reviews from guests who are delighted with the villa’s peaceful and quiet surroundings, stunning panoramic views, gorgeous sunrises and comfortably but luxuriously appointed interiors. Perched in the quiet scenic hillside above the sea-side resort of Skala on the Eastern tip of Kefalonia, Villa Eros is a rare one-bedroom gem overlooking the Ionian Sea, Greek mainland and islands of Zakynthos and Ithaca.
Now being let directly by Eros’ owners who lovingly designed and furnished the villa, Villa Eros is being maintained to exacting standards that are receiving complements across the board. Via HomeAway’s five-star rating system, every Villa Eros guest is asked to share their holiday experience, with their unedited reviews published on the website’s Villa Eros splash page. Here are just a few snippets of the reviews received during the 2017 season alone:
• "Wow Villa Eros! We had a fantastic time here for our honeymoon and the views were amazing and it was so peaceful without another villa right next to you or overlooking you. The villa was perfect and so clean and very tidy, it had everything we needed for a relaxing holiday." -- Marie H. Lake District, UK
• “… it was totally gorgeous, totally private and totally peaceful…the pool looked so inviting when we arrived that it wasn’t long before we were jumping in and admiring the gorgeous views across the hills and beyond to the sea. Absolutely stunning! I loved the colour scheme, the furnishings and the little touches such as the pictures of Eros…It is a little piece of heaven on earth!” -- Nikki H., Isle of White, UK
• “… the views from every room in the villa, even the bathroom of the sea are simply fantastic as is the sunrise. We could not fault the very well-appointed villa at all, (sic) would definitely recommend to friends and family and would very much like to return. All in all, we had a five-star holiday.” -- Thomas M., Nottinghamshire, UK
• “5* luxury villa, away from it all overlooking Skala. An idyllic escape from it … Did we enjoy it? We'd go back again :-)” -- Zachary B., South Yorkshire , UK
• “Villa Eros didn't disappoint from the pictures on the website, it is so beautiful. The patio area and infinity pool have the most mesmerizing views. The villa is situated up in the mountains and the peace and quiet is just unbelievable, perfect for a secluded quiet break… If you are looking for a quiet and relaxing holiday within beautiful settings then Villa Eros will be the perfect place for you. I can't wait to return next year.” -- Tracey K., Bristol, UK
WHAT THE PRESS SAY:
Villa Eros is also receiving critical acclaim from UK and international media outlets who praise the surroundings as being a couple’s perfect romantic hideaway, with all the comforts and attention to detail that a five-star villa should have.
• AOL Travel says, “Stylish and elegant one-bedroom Villa Eros is the ideal couple's retreat, nestled high on the hills above the resort of Skala on Kefalonia and boasting panoramic sea views.”
• PERFECT WEDDING MAGAZINE SAYS: "If your idea of paradise is a private retreat in the sun then say hello to the one bedroom Villa Eros in Kefalonia, Greece. With an acre of land, a stunning infinity pool and incredible views across the Ionian Sea, we bet you'll never want to leave!"
• LifeThinkTravel.com ranks Villa Eros one of Kefalonia’s top romantic villas and says, “Lovebirds and sweethearts will delight!”
• You and Your Wedding Magazine says, “We love Villa Eros!” and calls it a love nest for a “perfect private hideaway”.
THE LOCATION AND THINGS TO DO:
The village-style resort of Skala is a sun seeker’s paradise with a lovely beach and warm sparkling sea. The charming local shops, wide array of restaurants and bars make Skala an approachable, casual place to relax and enjoy the local hospitality
Stay up late and enjoy the lovely Greek cuisine at one of the village's friendly tavernas. enjoy the local nightlife at the bars on the beach front and in town, or head back to Villa Eros to enjoy a private drink on the patio by the pool and watch the shooting stars in the gorgeous night sky.
For the adventuresome, the island boasts spectacular beach-lined coastlines, picturesque villages and evergreen forests to be explored. With boat trips available from Skala beach or nearby port of Poros, both Zakynthos and Ithaca are within easy reach, as well. Diving trips can be arranged in Poros with a PADI/DAN registered diving facility for those wishing to explore the Ionian's treasures up close.
The stunning Greek island of Kefalonia was voted one of the top ten most scenic places in the world by AOL Travel and amongst the top ten most idyllic places to live by Forbes.com. UK’s Daily Telegraph recently rated Kefalonia a perfect break from it all and The Daily Mirror says that Kefalonia is so magical you will want to keep it for yourself -- making it the destination of choice for many discerning travellers.
From the pretty towns and busy coastal resorts in the south, to the quieter and more dramatic scenery of the north, this island has something to offer everyone. Kefalonia is the largest of the Ionia Islands and is famous for its striking landscapes, picturesque villages and as the backdrop of Nicolas Cage’s film, Captain Corelli’s Mandolin (2001).
Villa Eros is now being let by the owners, with letting available on a weekly basis, Saturday to Saturday.
Our Saturday changeover day matches up with inexpensive direct flights to Kefalonia, which are available during the holiday season, April to October from UK's main regional airports including London Gatwick, Manchester, Birmingham, Bristol, and Glasgow and regional airports including Newcastle, Nottingham East Midlands, Cardiff and London Stansted.
Non-stop Saturday flights also available from Germany, Italy, Scandinavia, Austria and Switzerland. And, there are daily flights direct from Athens throughout the year.
Please note that we only operate a Saturday changeover and so non-standard booking lengths may not be accepted unless with prior approval from the owners.
ABOUT THE OWNERS:
Villa Eros is owned by U.K. based husband and wife team T.D. and Katherine (Katie) Jones, a former US PR/marketing executive with extensive luxury goods and blue-chip corporate experience.