Located on the ground floor, this beautiful apartment of 85 sqm enjoys a great location being situated in a charming and green district close to downtown Rome.
Consisting of two large living rooms with sofa beds, a bedroom with double bed, a kitchen and a bathroom, the apartment can accommodate up to a maximum of 4 persons.
The private area outside the apartment, equipped with a table, chairs and outdoor lighting, combines a wide paved area with a smaller green one where a palm tree, a lemon tree and other plants grow. A sliding curtain can shadow part of the paved area allowing you to enjoy it also in warm weather. In Rome it may happen that mosquitoes appear during warm seasons.
Fully equipped kitchen, dishwasher, washing machine, air conditioning, heating, LED TV with digital channels, DVD/CD players, free WiFi, hair dryer, iron.
The apartment is at three metro stops from the Historic Centre of Rome. A half hour train ride takes you to the seaside where you can also merge into the wonderful atmosphere of the Archaeological Park of Ostia Antica, one of the largest archeological sites of ancient Rome.
The owners live one block away and are available to facilitate your stay by providing you with recipes, tips on places of interest, shopping areas, travelling outside of Rome, etc.
Whenever possible, they will be available for a few hours over weekends to offer a free guided tour of the district.
Garbatella is a very typical district which was developed at the beginning of the last century on the model of the English garden city. The district combines the original features of extraordinary architectural and social interest with the vibrancy of many places of cultural and gastronomic encounter.
Supermarket and shopping district just 100 meters from the apartment. EATALY’s store, offering a wide selection of best Italian food and drink at reasonable prices, is at walking distance. A Farmers Market is open on Saturdays and Sundays a few blocks away, in the heart of Garbatella..
Good trattorias where you can taste the traditional Roman cuisine and some recommended pizzerias are nearby.
Buses and trains from the Airports take you in the vicinity of the apartment.
Two bus lines at the corner of the street, Subway Station and fast trains to Florence and Venice at ten minutes walk.
The apartment is 30 minutes far from FS Roma Termini station (underground to Garbatella station then bus line n. 715 or 670) and 15 minutes far from FS Ostiense Station.
From Fiumicino airport, you can reach the centre of Rome by Trenitalia rail services or by bus tranfers (see aeroporti di romaweb site)
Daily connections between CIAMPINO airport and FS Roma Termini station are guaranteed by bus services
Some places of interest outside the walls, easily reachable in addition to the Historical Centre of Rome.
- Basilica Papale San Paolo fuori le Mura: St Paul Outside the Walls is one of the four papal basilicas of Rome, the second largest after St. Peter’s. The original sepulchral chapel was turned into a basilica in 395 A.D. [via Ostiense, 1.0 miles by foot].
- Museo della Centrale Montemartini: A fine example of the successful reconversion of an industrial archaeological building into a major museum. It contains an outstanding collection of classical sculptures [via Ostiense, 1.2 miles by foot]
- Pyramid of Cestius: What is an Egyptian-style pyramid doing in the heart of Rome? It is the tomb of the wealthy praetor Caius Cestius Epulone, which was built around 12 B.C., shortly after the empire’s conquest of Egypt [ Piazzale Ostiense, 1.7 miles by foot].
- Non-Catholic Cemetry: Known in Rome as the Protestant Cemetery, it is located next to the Pyramid of Cestius. Persons of all faiths and famous names are buried in this quiet, small yet meaningful cemetery (among others, Percy Bysshe Shelley, John Keats).
- Catacombe di San Sebastiano: not many people are aware that there are more than sixty catacombs in Rome. Most are however to be found around the Appia Antica and Ardeatine zone (San Sebastiano, San Callisto, Domitilla) [1.7 miles by foot].
Restaurants close to the apartment (owners available to assist you with reservations)
Eataly Roma - Piazzale 12 Ottobre 1492 - Mon to Sun 10 AM - 12 PM
If you like good food, this place is a must visit. A mix of gourmet grocery store, restaurants, cafes, cooking school ... Definitely a place to spend several hours and buy a lot of nice stuff.
al Ristoro degli Angeli - 2, via Luigi Orlando - Monday to Saturday
A mix of innovation and of classics revisited, from a really fresh tuna tartare to a pasta cacio e pepe with a glassa of parmesan, perch filets in a light curry and good vegetarian options
Trecca Bistrot - Via Alessandro Severo, 222 - Monday to Saturday
Nice restaurant, friendly atmosphere, good quality food (don't miss 'mozzarella di bufala' if you love it). Good value for money, five minutes walk from the apartment.
Tanto pe' magna' - 9, via Giustino de Jacobis
A family owned neighbourhood restaurant which has a very loyal local following. The food is traditional Roman, so it can be a bit heavy but tasteful.
Sushisen - 21A, Via Giuseppe Giulietti - Tuesday to Sunday
My favourite Kaiten-zushi in Rome. No best place if you love sushi..