The Ronciglione Castle has gone through five centuries of history. Today, he is maintaining its light and its strength, offering a refined journey into the past with a stylish and relaxed hospitality.
Built in the Middle Ages by Vico Prefects to guard the only natural access to the city, in the following centuries frequently changed ownership, destination and form. It was the prerogative of the Counts of Anguillara, the Della Rovere and Farnese from 1526 to 1649, under the ownership of the Della Rovere Castle underwent major changes, in particular between 1475 and 1480 with the restructuring desired by Pope Sixtus IV and entrusted to 'Florentine architect Giovanni Dolci who modified it by adding the round keep and four fortified towers at the corners, which also gave the castle to the current popular name "the Torrioni". They sojourned eminent personalities such as Pope Sixtus IV and Pope Paul III. In 1649 it became the property of the Holy See gave him in 1756 to the Genoese Marè Jerome, who was committed to its preservation and embellishment.