In the historic center where Reykjavík City‘s old heart beats there is a unique old house that used to be called Aberdeen.
The house is owned by a family of artists who have left their mark on every detail of the house. The style of the house is an interesting fusion of soft wooden old style from before the year 1900 and a modern raw artistic touch.
The location is fantastic, with a view over the streets of the old town, surrounded by museums, galleries, cafés, restaurants and the old harbour.
If you are into the unusual and want to experience an artistic side of Reykjavík, then this is your place.
- This is a whole apartment which is ideal for a couple or a couple with 1-2 children. It also works well for 2 couples travelling together as long as one couple is OK with for snuggling up a little as the sofa bed in the living room is 140 cm wide.
- Summer nights in Iceland are bright so sleep masks may come in handy for some (even though the windows have curtains).
- Shampoo is provided.
- Water is in abundance, hot and cold. And don't be fooled to believe you have to buy water in Iceland - it's all fresh and natural spring water on the tap.
- Air conditioning is not needed at all in Iceland, hence not implemented.
- The house is as warm as you need it to be as there is plenty of radiators around.
- There should be sugar, coffee and tea in the kitchen, and some basics like cornflakes and spaghetti which may come in handy for tired travelers.
- We may add a little flavour to your stay with little details here and there for you to enjoy, but we'll not disclose too much at this time. Surprises in a life flooded with information are underrated.
- Parking is included during your stay, which is quite a catch nowadays in the center of Reykjavík. By staying with us, however, you are in walking distance of countless attractions.
- Children's high chair is available upon request.
- When you arrive at the airport you can take the FlyBus and ask to be dropped off at the Hotel Center Plaza which is a 2 mins walk away.
- There is a laundromat just 3 mins walk away.
- This is one of Reykjavík's oldest wooden houses and is located so centrally that there may naturally be some noises from the city's street life.
- The proprietor is quite a seasoned traveler herself, speaks several languages and is well in tune with her beautiful country. She will be happy to be of assistance.
Well then, see you in 101 Reykjavík, at the very place this young city began!