- English, French
Max guests: 5
100% refund if cancelled at least 14 days before arrival date. 50% refund if cancelled at least 7 days before arrival date.
One bed apartment in Montmartre
This fifth floor apartment was in a quiet street yet not far from Sacre Coeur and just a few minutes from both a metro station and a supermarket. Several small inconveniences, for example kitchen bar at angle so difficult to eat, bathroom door not closing properly, shower difficult to operate etc. Otherwise was great for visiting Paris.
Apartment is adequate
The location was good. The apartment needs tlc and some maintenance. Would be nice to have washer instructions in english. Should have kitchen washing up supplies as well as trash bags. Info on where to dispose of trash
Great location, convenient for the Metro and local shops, bars and restaurants.
We are a family of 5 and stayed in the apartment for 4 days to visit all the main attractions of Paris. The location is great for accessing local restaurants, bars, supermarkets and bakeries and it is a short, pleasant walk to the Sacre Coeur and to catch the Metro. It is easy to reach by Metro from the Gare du Nord if you are travelling from London by Eurostar. The apartment was clean and tidy with plenty of hot water for showering. It has quite good facilities for self-catering - an oven and hob, fridge and crockery etc. I would recommend taking some kitchen roll, tea towel, washing up liquid and a small sponge to do any washing up to avoid buying this when you get there. However, there is a local supermarket (Franprix) nearby which sells all the essentials. It is a quiet residential location with minimum noise from neighbours. We really enjoyed our stay and would recommend this apartment.
The property was exactly as described in the details and for that we were very grateful.
Our hostess met us at the pre-arranged time and was very helpful. She gave us travel information and tips for our trip to Paris. The property had everything we needed and was clean and tidy and quiet at night. The area is ideal and we found getting around from the apartment very easy. A fantastic trip!
A Great Experience
Our family of five (including three young adults) spent 10 days in this apartment. We found it comfortable, clean, and generally well-equipped (a can opener and a couple of more knives would be good additions). Unlike the previous reviewers, we appreciated the provisions left by previous tennants. We also had no difficulty at all regarding the electicity supply. We had the usual assortment of electronics to be charged up (laptop, cell phones, cameras, IPODS) and never had a circuit go out. We appreciated the WIFI connection. There are a lot of stairs to climb, but there is a small elevator that can be used. Both the owner and his agent are friendly and very helpful.
The location of this apartment is fantastic. The metro station is very close by and it is a very pleasant walk up to Sacre Coeur in the evenings to sit on the steps and take in both the crowd and the amazing view of the city. It was a great base from which to explore Paris. We have no hesitation at all in recommending this apartment to others.
After reading all the previous reviews we had great expectations. However, our experience was very disappointing!
1. The ad in the HomeAway website said that English was spoken. This may have been true for the property owner, but not for the property manager who was our only interface with the owner. The property manager was was very nice, had extremely limited knowledge of English and thus we had problems in all our communication with her. Also, she and the owner were difficult to reach once we were in the property.
2. The apartment was not cleaned completely. We found food left in the freezer section of the refrigerator which should have been discarded when the previous renters left. We also found food in the cabinets which we felt should also have been removed when the last renters left.
3. The refrigerator had much ice built-up and should have been defrosted and cleaned prior to our arrival.
4. The apartment was very under powered. Circuits keep going out for reasons which we could not understand. We only used the electrical appliances that were supplied with the apartment and did not add any electrical items which would have drained the power. We did not even use the microwave for fear that it would trip all the circuit breakers. One such occurrence shut off the power to the refrigerator causing all of the built-up ice in the freezer to melt and leak into the refrigerator and onto the floor. We had cleaned as much as we could, but should not have had to do it in the first place.
5. Cooking knives for food preparation were missing in the kitchen.
6. The bathroom sink drained very slowly causing excessive build-up residue when the water finally did drain.
We believe our relationship with the owner via email prior to our arrival had been very friendly and cordial But, we honestly feel that we have not been given what we expected from the advertisement in HomeAway and over paid for what we received. We were told by the property manager as we departed from the apartment, that the owner was planning on painting the apartment and bringing a plumber and electrician in to correct the problems we encountered.
Our advice to people thinking of renting this property would be to make sure that all the problems had been fixed before considering it.
Couple from Tucson, Arizona, USA
Sorry to say that if I know that I have to challenge my service all the time I will never take care about your remarks based on absolute bad faith. Your condescending attitude ( which is an euphemism ) with my manager who accomodate you is a resume of all.
Go in peace !
Shops: 0.01 Km
Town center: 0 Km
Located at the foot of the hill and the legendary Montmartre stairs, this apartment is ideally located, 3 metro stations are less than 10 minutes' walk away, one of which is 2 minutes away.
You will be on the 5th and last floor of a charming little Parisian building, the apartment overlooks the courtyard which guarantees you peace.
Lamarck Street is a street that leads directly to the sacred heart (67 Mn ... it goes up anyway! ) but if you prefer to cut short by the stairs you will find them at the foot of the apartment (very good for cardio ...).
Living in Montmartre brings you closer to most of the most touristy areas of Paris as well, you will be 15 minutes by metro from Opera, the Champs Elysées, Madeleine, Les Halles Chatelet, Le Louvre, etc.
For activities do not forget that you are in Paris so you can pretty much have access to everything except the Sea!