The ground floor has 5 rooms:
- The Chai : with its huge old stone fireplace and stone floor. Here in the summer the room stays cool and is a great place to relax away from the hot sun.
- The kitchen : fairly small comparativley but well equiped with nice modern appliances, no shortage of crocery or glasses, and for big dinner parties, you'll be glad to find the dishwasher.
- The salon bleu dining room : Here the big dining table caters for 8 but extra tables and chairs can be brought for more places. A second fireplace in this room and a fantastic Yamaha U3 piano awaits.
- The entry hall : boasting wood panels that date back into the XVIIc.
- The medieval lounge, with stone walls and burgundy velvet sofas. A secret stone staircase takes you to the 1st floor.
- The library : newly renovated with stone walls and floor with a french Arts et Metiers theme.
5 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms on the 1st and 2nd floors.
Total interieur area of 300m2.
Outside the garden spreads out to a 3000m2 area with a bamboo forest and pathways hid amongst the trees.
The Chateau is situated 25 min from the atlantic coast, and within easy reach of L'ile de l'Oléron, l'Ile de Ré, and La Rochelle for day trips to the beach.
In the heart of the Cognac region, between Bordeaux and the Loire Valley, the Château de Port Hublé is ideally situated for many activities in the Poitou-Aquitaine region: Futurescope, Golf and great French countryside
Port Hublé is just outside of Saintes, a historical city which was the first Roman capital of Aquitaine.