|Space||1,600 sq. ft.|
Relax, recharge and escape to this luxurious retreat experience in paradise
- Best view in SLO County!
- Luxury Accommodations
- Indoor/Outdoor living
- Pet Friendly
- Wifi + 3 Smart TVs
- Hotel Clean & Comfort
- 12 minutes to SLO
- TESLA Charging Station (complimentary)
Pictures don’t do justice to the unforgettable mountain top views of the Pacific Ocean, Seven Sisters (extinct volcanoes), rolling hills, mountains, valleys and flickering lights of San Luis Obispo.
The exceptional 8-acre mountain top property (halfway between SF and LA) has two bedrooms, chef’s kitchen and a large, elegantly appointed bathroom. Indoor areas transition seamlessly into outdoor living and dining spaces through French doors and large windows. The huge 500 square foot private deck provides a comfortable place to read, relax (honor wine & champagne bar) or dine (BBQ equipped) while taking in the commanding views.
Appointed with new premium fixtures, furniture, amenities and high-speed Wi-Fi throughout. Complimentary onsite electric car (Tesla, etc) charging station. This dedicated vacation rental is professionally cleaned (fresh linens, towels, etc.) and a hotel quality experience awaits your arrival. Accommodates up to six guests, with four being ideal.
The grounds feature complimentary fresh eggs from the chicken coop and seasonal vegetables from our raised beds, gardens, koi pond, "Walter's" tortoise habitat and an incredible vista of wildlife, particularly birds who frequent our feeders and popular roosting tree.
This coastal retreat halfway between LA and SF is a short 15 minute scenic drive to downtown SLO (Thursday Night Farmer’s Market, Cal Poly, restaurants, nightlife etc.) and beautiful Avila Beach (spectacular beach, pier, shops, wineries, etc). Famous Avila and Sycamore Mineral Springs offer a therapeutic experience in a group setting or privately in secluded tubs set amongst the tree-canopied hillside. You are in a serene and peaceful setting, but not too far from all the action!
Vista House is hard to leave once you arrive, with wonderful hikes, incredible natural surroundings and bountiful wildlife. Stock up at the Whole Foods at the bottom of the hill and settle in for a memorable experience!
Ryan (and Anna)
LIVE PANORAMIC VIEW FEED: video.nest.com/embedded/live/Xl2XynFlcC?autoplay=1
DRONE VIDEO OF PROPERTY: https://youtu.be/OsnJI6xHai0
VISTA HOUSE'S INSTAGRAM: www.instagram.com/visitvista (@visitvista)
- Best views in SLO!
- 15 minutes to SLO or Avila
- Ample Parking
- Dedicated High Speed Wifi Feed
- Flat Screen TV's (Living Room + Both Bedrooms)
- DIRECTV (175+ Channels) with NFL "Sunday Ticket"
- DVD + Netlix + Hulu Plus + Pandora
- TESLA Charging Station (complimentary)
Two Spacious Bedrooms:
- King bedroom sets
- Plush 14-inch Gel Memory Foam Mattresses
- Luxurious shredded memory foam pillows
- Premium bedding and linens (Fresh & Clean)
- Smart flat screen TV’s streaming DIRECTV, Netflix movies and Pandora music
- Vaulted ceilings, large windows and natural light
- Ample clothing storage with cabinets and mirrors
- Comfortable leather sofa-sleeper
- Flat screen TV streaming DIRECTV, Netflix movies and Pandora music
- Chef’s kitchen
- Fully appointed with premium stainless steal appliances (oven, fridge, microwave and dishwasher)
- All amenities to prepare gourmet meals
- Four leather barstools
- Honor system wine bar fully stocked with a selection of over 35 bottles of red, white and champagne offered at $20/bottle.
- Large walk-in rain shower with water wand
- Shower benches
- In-floor heating
- Fogged glass
- Double vanity with full mirrors
- Water closet.
- Weber BBQ
- Six person dining table
- Queen size daybed
- 8 acre property
- Raised vegetable beds
- Chicken Coop
- Sulcata tortoise habitat
- Koi Pond
- Two large ponds on lower property
- Hiking routes out the front door
- Enjoy a meal at the garden dining table
- Unique sunsets
- Always above the clouds
- Apple tasting and a winery on our road offering fun little excursions
- Hiking in the Irish Hills nature preserve
- San Luis Obispo (Cal Poly, Thursday Farmer’s Market, etc.)
- Avila Beach (Beach activities, fresh seafood, dining, wine tasting, etc.)
- ATV’ing in Pismo Beach Dunes
- Montana D’Oro State Park (great hiking and surfing)
- Wine Tasting in Paso Robles
- Hearst Castle and Big Sur
- The Best view in SLO County!
- Luxury Accommodations - New Construction
- 15 minutes to SLO or Avila
- High Speed Wifi with 3 flatscreen Smart TV’s
- Indoor / Outdoor eating spaces
- Raised garden beds & Henhouse (complimentary vegetables & eggs)
- Hotel Experience – Very clean, fresh linens and towels
- 4 Ideal, 6 Maximum
- 2 large bedrooms with king beds
- 1 Sleeper Sofa in Living Room
Basic (2 people): $250/night
Cleaning Fee: $75 (Applied once per trip)
Extra people: $50/person/night after 2 guests
Infants under 18 mos. $25/infant/night
The following services are offered by Anna if pre-arranged:
Baby Sitting: $12/hr. ($5/additional child)
5 hr. Wine Tour (Anna drives your car): $150
Laundry Services $12/load
Meal Service: $30 per meal
* Services must be pre-arranged by texting with Anna by texting 805-801-0501. She will call you back.
* No access to steam room functions
* Two car MAXIMUM unless otherwise arranged.
Some of our favorite things are our home and friends, preparing meals and enjoying our animals including our rescued golden retrievers Bourbon & Cider (@bourbonandcider), Walter the Tortoise, Chickens, Koi, Ryan's Tropical Fish and Anna's Ball Python.
Our favorite place is Big Sur, we enjoy movies at the Sunset Drive-In in SLO, when friends visit and preparing meals with vegetables from our gardens, local farm stands and farmer's markets.
Our favorite trip was to Italy, where we stayed in VRBO's and got engaged. We realized that less places and longer stays are the best. We like to visit communities and experience authentic people, activities and food.
Our favorite lodging places are Ventana in Big Sur for the spas, the Four Seasons in Palo Alto for the service, The Mayflower in SF for the experience and our friends floors to hang out and save money. :)
We truly love the serenity and views here and are very happy to have the opportunity to share this place with travelers from around the world. We appreciate and do not take for granted that guests chose us, stay with us and like the experience.
Anna enjoys creating artistic things like calligraphy, creating letters, crafts and care packages for friends and family, growing vegetables in her raised beds, hot springs and caring for her chickens.
Ryan likes serving guests, maintaining and improving the vacation rentals everyday, helping others create, plan and execute new ideas, planing trips and getaways and purchasing unnecessary products, services and anything else they sell on Amazon Prime.
We are grateful for the gift of life Ryan received on November 2, 2015 when he was given a heart transplant. We like to spend time together puttering around our home and enjoying our property and the wonderful people who visit us.
Anna & Ryan.
Ryan & Anna purchased this house in 2008
This is the best vacation rental in SLO.
This is a countryside luxury escape with outstanding views on top of a mountain half way between LA and SF at the gates of the Pacific Highway through Big Sur and 10 minutes from SLO (Whole Foods, Costco, Bevmo, etc. Downtown, Farmer's Markets, Cal Poly, etc.) - Secluded and peaceful, close to SLO, unforgettable views, new luxury everything - Perfect.
My family and I loved our stay at the Vista House, high up in the clouds of SLO. Anna and Ryan were wonderful hosts and the accommodations were clean and comfortable for the four of us. I have told all my friends who travel that way to stay there at least once. It was definitely a nice respite from modern life.
Such a nice clean beautiful place! Anna makes great food and the steam experience was awesome! Our dogs loved it too!
The Vista House is a perfect retreat for travelers who want to be a close to town, but enjoy an escape from it all at the end of the day. Our family drove the coast and this was our favorite stop. The home was well appointed, beautifully decorated and extremely welcoming. The animals were an added bonus! If you don't need the lights of the city or mind driving to town, I highly recommend the Vista House.
We had an amazing three days at Vista House! Thanks very much to Anna and Ryan for their kind hospitality. Vista House provided a calm ambiance, with views that will be long remembered. With the aid of a very rainy season this year, the emerald hills were as beautiful as Ireland! When the thick clouds rolled in far below us, the views were even more dramatic. My wife and I also enjoyed the friendly dogs and the other creatures, including a very large turtle. We will be back!
My husband and I had a relaxing and peaceful stay. The property was immaculate and beautiful. Thoughtful amenities. And the view, wow! Anna was wonderful and just the right mix of welcoming but not intrusive. Loved the doggies and chickens. Ready to go back!
the vista house was a truly wonderful experience, so beautiful and peaceful and Anna our host is awesome! couldn't ask for anything more, the amenities were great and the beds? so very comfy, would go back just to sleep! love our new fury friends as well, can't wait to book another weekend!
USA Today calls San Luis Obispo 'The Happiest Place on earth'. The coastal retreat half way between LA and SF is ideal - a short 15-minute scenic drive to downtown SLO (Thursday Night Farmer’s Market, restaurants, nightlife etc.) or beautiful Avila Beach (spectacular beach, pier, shops, wineries, etc). Outdoor recreational activities are everywhere!
|Rental Period||Minimum Price||Additional Nights||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event Price|
My Standard Rate
1 night minimum stay
for 1 night
|Notes: Rates are based on 2 guests; add £39 per night, per additional guest|
|Cleaning (1 per trip)||£58.19|
Room type: Entire home/apt
Bed type: Real Bed king sized premium beds
Accommodates: 4 (ideal), 6 (less than ideal)
Basic (2 people) $225/night
Cleaning Fee $75 (Applied once per trip)
Extra people/dogs: $50/person/night after 2 guests
Check In: 3:00 PM
Check Out: 1:00 PM