House, 3 Bedrooms + Other (See Description), 2 Baths, (Sleeps 6)
100% refund for cancellations more than 60 days before check-in date. 50% refund for cancellations more than 30 days before check-in date.
Moose House sited a Moose
Very Nice property. I would stay there again. Perfect atmosphere & very roomy. Decor is lovely & very comfortable. Only wish the master was a little larger & had a ceiling fan. We had a great time!
Everything we were hoping for!!
This home was wonderful. Terrific layout and location. Private yet close to town. Enjoyed the wildlife and the convenient access to hiking. We thoroughly enjoyed our time and did not want to leave.
Nice Breckenridge Location
Overall, we had a very nice stay at this property. I am including specific things we liked and ideas on how to make the home even better for visitors.
1. The house is in the heart of Breckenridge. It's close to shops, restaurants, City Market grocery store yet very private location.
2. Daily visits from a fox family. They were beautiful.
3. Nice large house. Easily accomodated our family of five adults with plenty of space to spread out for sleeping.
1. House is accessed by a dirt street and dirt driveway. It rained a couple of times so our car was literally brown when we left.
2. The cooking pots/pans/dishes etc were very old . I put foil on everything because most had missing teflon, etc. There was not enough silverware to accomodate five people.
3. We found many black spiders and red and black ants in the house. The house is right in the woods so I am sure bugs are hard to control, but a visit by an exterminator might help.
4. The house appeared clean enough but when we walked around in our socks or bare feet, the bottoms of our feet were brown. I think the house needs a good deep cleaning.
Relaxing Moose Lodge
Nestled into the woods. Great hiking right out the front and back door. Plenty of visiting foxes every morning.
Named Moose House for a reason
Our family of 7 really enjoyed our stay at the Moose House! The kids loved seeing the 2 local Moose daily and we even had a visit from a fox (right up to the front windows). There were adequate supplies on hand to support our group for a week, but we ended up purchasing more than enough toiletries, groceries, etc and left plenty behind.
What was great - Location. Just minutes from downtown Breck. We rode at Breck, Keystone, Vail, and Copper during our week there. The layout is great for large groups and there are plenty of beds. This place could easily sleep 10-12 in my opinion. Having our own place was key and we rarely saw neighbors. Full size stackable washer/dryer were a lifesaver for 5 adults and 2 young kids!
What was not so great - Driveway is narrow. Not the owners fault, but we got stuck due to recent snowfall while trying to avoid the garbage bin. Moved the bin after that and it wasn't an issue. The road up/down can be slick so drive safe! Could be more eating utensils on hand, namely spoons/forks. We found ourselves washing as we used them to accommodate our group.
I'd definitely stay here again!
Chad from MI
Extremely well kept property, amazing view, and perfect location. We did have an issue with hot water to the property due to a faulty water heater, and though the issue was unresolved prior to our departure, the owner was highly engaged in working to get the issue fixed as quickly as possible.
Snowshoeing, Ice Skating, Sleigh Rides