It is a love story with this cottage that was written a long time ago, seduced by its location in the heart of the mountains between Briançon and Lake Serre-Ponçon, at the foot of the Ecrins massif and the Regional Park from Queyras, on the edge of the beautiful Durance in turquoise colors where you will see the many kayaks coming from much higher up as soon as you cross the bridge on your arrival, the glaciers being just above our heads.
DESCRIPTION OF THE CHALET:
On your arrival, you discover pretty little wooden chalets in a green setting, then deep down, our little paradise facing the mountains and its 1000 m2 garden.
The chalet is designed on one level, with all the rooms on the same level, accentuating the charm of the "inside-out".
Large pool and children's pool, heated to 28 °, July / August only, reserved exclusively for cottages.
Tennis all year long and a small playground for children from 2 to 7 years old.
Isolated roads, but still close to all amenities.
Private parking in front of the chalet; very easy access throughout the year;
Garden shelter access located next to the barbecue for various storage (luggage or other). Can be very useful.
- 2 bedrooms each with 1 large double bed with 2 places in 140; capacity of 4 people with possibility of a cot for baby with an excellent mattress or an auxiliary fireside;
- 1 large bathroom with shower, washbasin, heated towel rail, storage unit, washing machine and separate toilet;
- 1 small bathroom adjoining the room n ° 2 with shower cabin, washbasin and cupboard;
- Fully equipped American kitchen;
- Dining room ;
- Living room ;
- reversible air conditioning; 4 TVs including 1 in each room; mini HIFI channel;
- Large terrace with sitting area and dining area, sheltered by 2 bay windows to enjoy outdoor meals, even in the evening, overlooking the garden and the mountains (magic atmosphere!)
- Superb barbecue covered and lit, usable in any season.
- Complete equipment in household and appliances including Nespresso and electric coffee maker, juicer, filter jug, kettle, electric robot, electric knife, blender, blender, scale, etc.... ; Oven and hob; Microwaves; Large fridge-freezer; Washing machine ; Board and iron; Board games; Numerous storage; Hair-dryer ; 2 scales; Pillow cases; blankets; bath mat ; tea towels. Wifi access.
We added a raclette service, very friendly on vacation!
The linen sets are not provided as well as the towels.
Possibility on request to provide sheets with beds made on arrival, at a rate of 15 € per room.
We are in the "wonderland", in the Guillestrois, ideally located between THE NATIONAL PARK of ECRINS offering treasures of beauty, magnificent hikes in the forests, pastures, torrents, waterfalls, lakes, and the REGIONAL NATURAL PARK OF QUEYRAS, "the country where roosters peck the stars", with among others Saint-Véran the highest village in Europe at 2042 m where you breathe the purest air of France. This region offers a real secret garden sheltering magnificent valleys flooded with light, bathed in authenticity where the nature is of an exceptional richness.
Le Guillestrois offers a range of nature destinations of astonishing diversity and represents a source of endless wonder! From the valleys of the Durance and Guil to the slopes of Risoul and Vars, through the heart of Val d'Escreins, classified as a nature reserve and integrated into the Queyras Nature Park, the Guillestrois mountains are a wonderful cocktail of sweetness and rudeness.
At their feet, the villages of St-Crépin, Eygliers, Réotier, St. Clement, Guillestre and Mont-Dauphin with its stronghold built by Vauban at the end of the 17 th century, architectural jewel, now classified as a UNESCO World Heritage Site , are superb places of discovery.
At 950 m, the situation of the chalet offers many advantages, close to all amenities, with a very pleasant climate, enjoying a beautiful sunshine.
This is the ideal base camp for crisscrossing the surrounding mountains: Ecrins, Queyras, Briançonnais, Nevache, Embrunais, Parpaillon, Haute Ubaye.
The range of activities to be practiced nearby is considerable:
Paradise for hiking or mountain biking, from the simple family walk to the most sporting hikes; White water sports par excellence with the Guil and the Durance (rafting, canyoning, river descents that have also been adapted to children to make them dream!) ; climbing, via ferrata, paragliding, etc ...
A FEW WALKS ALL NEARBY (3 to 5 minutes):
* The small medieval village of Saint-Crépin with its forest of thuriferous junipers (extraordinary point of view on the valley and the Durance);
* The poetic lake of Saint-Crépin, isolated from the roads, which transforms into a summer season into a real leisure center with a play area for children, wooden tables and benches;
* The Mont-Dauphin marmot trail at the foot of the Place Forte where you can admire the panoramic view, which will amaze young and old (the marmots live in freedom and just sit in front of their burrows to see them appear !) ;
You can enjoy a good meal at the restaurant "chez Lacour" at the station of Mont-Dauphin. The quality to price ratio is excellent !
* The legendary petrifying fountain of Réotier, heritage treasure and geological curiosity to see absolutely. To note a huge victory for the commune of Réotier which enhances its natural heritage thanks to the unique spring water of the petrifying fountain, renowned and prestigious site whose image is now conveyed throughout the world thanks to the brand L'Occitane . It has used this real treasure of nature from an incredibly rich water of calcium and magnesium in a total respect for the environment for the development of its new cosmetic range "aqua réotier".
* Extension of the walk to the fish farm of the Trout Fountain in an idyllic and natural where you can take your fishing and barbecue on the cottage. You can choose to taste it on the spot at the very pleasant little restaurant or to release it ...
* the hot springs with the beneficial properties of the Phasy Plan;
* The mysterious descent of the Rue des Masques on the upper Guillestre overlooking the gorges of Guil and its splendid waterfall that ends its race in the void. The landscapes are striking!
* The beautiful lake of Eygliers for the pleasures of swimming and its leisure center with water activities, tree climbing park, children's park, horse riding, pony rides, fitness trail, etc ...
Not far from there, at 30 minutes, the lake of Serre-Ponçon will offer you its natural wealth, its numerous aquatic activities and its magnificent Animal Park;
At 45 minutes you can also enjoy the delights of a naturally warm water at the Grands Bains de Monêtier (documentation on www.grandsbains.fr);
At 25 minutes, the beautiful fortified town of Briançon (the highest town in France) with the "Vauban city" or "gargoyle" is a popular place for a walk, steeped in history.
IN WINTER :
The geographical situation at the crossroads of several ski resorts make the stay very attractive:
VARS, RISOUL, PUY-SAINT-VINCENT, 20 minutes;
SERRE-CHEVALIER at 35 mn;
as well as the family resorts of QUEYRAS (Ceillac, Arvieux, Molines, Abriès).
You can choose between downhill skiing, cross-country skiing, snowshoeing or superb winter walks.
You will enjoy the charm, sweetness and tranquility of the cottage at the end of a day in the resort or on walks.
FREE SHUTTLES departing from the Intermarché de Guillestre (5 mn) for the VARS, RISOUL and CEILLAC stations. Leave the car and enjoy letting yourself be transported!
You will be captivated by this beautiful region that will delight lovers of sport, nature, local cuisine, geology, archeology and history and you will feel a deep sense of freedom through the mountains, fresh air, water, life. ..!
Note that in February 2015, the restaurant 'Les Tables de Gaspard' in Saint-Crépin receives a star in the Michelin guide.