It is a love story with this cottage that was written a long time ago, seduced by its location in the heart of the mountains between Briançon and Lake Serre-Ponçon, at the foot of the Ecrins massif and the Regional Park Queyras, bordering the beautiful Durance with turquoise colors, the glaciers are just above our heads. By crossing the bridge on your arrival, your eyes will be attracted by the many colorful kayaks, the Guillestrois being the destination of water sports par excellence.
DESCRIPTION OF THE CHALET:
On your arrival, you discover pretty wooden chalets in a green setting, then deep down, our little paradise facing the mountains and its garden of 1000 m2.
The chalet is designed on one level, with all the rooms on the same level, accentuating the charm of the "inside-out".
Large pool and children's pool, heated to 28 °, July / August only, reserved exclusively for cottages.
Tennis all year long and a small playground for children from 2 to 7 years old.
Isolated roads, but still close to all amenities.
Private parking in front of the chalet; very easy access throughout the year;
Garden shelter access located next to the barbecue for various storage (luggage or other).
- 2 bedrooms each with 1 large double bed with 2 places in 140; capacity of 4 people with possibility of a cot for baby with an excellent mattress or an auxiliary fireside;
- 1 large bathroom with shower cabin, heated towel rail, washing machine and separate toilet;
- 1 small bathroom adjoining the room n ° 2 with shower cabin,
- Fully equipped American kitchen;
- Dining room ;
- Living room ;
- reversible air conditioning; 4 TV; mini HIFI channel;
- Large terrace with sitting area and dining area, sheltered by 2 bay windows to enjoy outdoor meals, even in the evening, overlooking the garden and the mountains. A stone pavement with built-in LEDs has come to embellish the decor.
- Barbecue covered and lit, usable in any season.
- Complete equipment in household and appliances including raclette service, Nespresso and electric coffee maker, juicer, filter jug, kettle, electric robot, electric knife, blender, blender, etc.... ; Oven and hob; Microwaves; Large fridge-freezer; Washing machine ; Board and iron; Board games; Hair dryer in each room; Pillow cases; blankets; bath mat ; tea towels. Wifi access.
The linen sets are not provided as well as the towels.
Possibility to request an option "beds made on arrival", at a rate of 15 € per room.
We are in the "wonderland", in the Guillestrois, ideally located between THE NATIONAL PARK of ECRINS offering treasures of beauty, magnificent hikes in the forests, pastures, torrents, waterfalls, lakes, and the REGIONAL NATURAL PARK OF QUEYRAS, "the country where roosters peck the stars", with among others Saint-Véran the highest village in Europe at 2042 m where you breathe the purest air of France.
Le Guillestrois offers a range of nature destinations of astonishing diversity and is a source of wonder! From the valleys of the Durance and Guil to the slopes of Risoul and Vars, through the heart of Val d'Escreins, classified as a nature reserve and integrated into the Queyras Nature Park, the Guillestrois mountains are a wonderful cocktail of sweetness and rudeness.
At their feet, the villages of St-Crépin, Eygliers, Réotier, St. Clément, Guillestre and Mont-Dauphin (5 minutes) with its stronghold built by Vauban at the end of the 17 th century, an architectural jewel, now classified as heritage UNESCO World Heritage Site, are superb places of discovery.
At 950 m, the situation of the chalet offers many advantages, close to all amenities, with a very pleasant climate, enjoying a beautiful sunshine. The sea in the mountains! Subtle mix of lakes and mountains combined ...
This is the ideal base camp for holidays in all seasons and to travel in the surrounding mountains: Ecrins, Queyras, Briançonnais, Nevache, Embrunais, Parpaillon, Haute Ubaye.
The range of activities to be practiced nearby is considerable:
- Paradise for hiking or mountain biking, from the simple family walk to the most sporting hikes;
- White water sports (rafting, canyoning etc ...);
- Climbing ; via ferrata ; paragliding;
- Gliding in the heart of the mountains on the intimate and renowned site of St Crepin / Mt Dauphin enjoying the beauty of the place, associated with exceptional aerological conditions. What a joy to discover the country of Guillestrois from the sky and fly over fabulous landscapes among the most beautiful in France. You will be seduced by the grace of gliders such as large silent birds evolving under the blue sky of the Hautes-Alpes! And why not a baptism of the air! ...
- Horse riding ;
- Bicycle tourism ;
- Peach ; bathing; etc ...
* It should be noted that Saint Crépin offers a base of canoeing, rafting and inflatable canoe from the beginner to individual or collective improvement. You will be able to slide deliciously on the Durance and for more sensations on the Guil, one of the last wild rivers of Europe, in the middle of fascinating gorges!
SOME WALKS AND IDEAS DISCOVERED ALL NEARBY (3 to 5 mn):
* The Place Forte Mont-Dauphin built by VAUBAN in a grandiose site, at the confluence of the Durance and Guil, 3 km;
* The small medieval village of SAINT-CREPIN with its forest of thuriferous junipers (extraordinary point of view on the valley and the Durance);
* The charming village of GUILLESTRE, its old districts protected ramparts from where you can contemplate magnificent panoramas to 6 km;
* the poetic body of water of Saint-Crépin next to it, isolated from the roads, not mentioned on the cards, which transforms into summer season into a real leisure base with a play area for children, wooden tables and benches ;
* the Mont-Dauphin marmot trail at the foot of Place Forte where you can admire the panoramic view (the marmots live in freedom and just sit in front of their burrows to see them appear!) at 3 minutes;
* The legendary petrifying fountain of Réotier at 5 minutes, heritage treasure and geological curiosity to see absolutely. A huge victory for the commune of Réotier which values its natural heritage thanks to its unique spring water whose image is now conveyed throughout the world thanks to the brand L'Occitane with its new cosmetic range "Aqua Réotier". Yes, the Petrifying Fountain is going to be his star! A beautiful fairy account for the town;
* Extension of the walk to the fish farm of the Trout Fountain in an idyllic and natural where you can take your fishing, barbecue grill the cottage. You can also choose to taste it at the excellent little restaurant on the site;
* the hot springs with beneficial properties of the Phazy Plan at 5 minutes;
* the mysterious descent of the rue des Masques on the heights of Guillestre overlooking the gorges of Guil and its splendid waterfall that ends its race in the void. The landscapes are striking! The "hand of the titan" arises incredibly from Guil! at 10 minutes;
* The beautiful lake of Eygliers for the joys of swimming and its leisure base 5 minutes, tree climbing, horseback riding, pony rides, fitness trail, fishing, etc ...
* At 5 km, the La Roche-de-Rame lake, very popular for water sports and swimming, is also the starting point for superb hikes, the lakes of the ascent and Lauzet in the colors of Emerald.
* In Queyras, in addition to the magnificent village of St Véran the highest perched of Europe, you will discover FORT QUEYRAS, another work of VAUBAN, medieval castle emblematic of the Natural Park of QUEYRAS 30 minutes;
* At 20 minutes, you will enjoy the wide open spaces of the Embrun Water Plan with its many amenities; Sport and relaxation assured!
* At 30 minutes, the wonderful lake of Serre-Ponçon will offer you its natural riches, its aquatic activities and its magnificent Animal Park;
* At 30 minutes, the beautiful fortified town of Briançon (the highest city in France) with the "Vauban city" or "gargoyle" is a popular place for a walk, steeped in history.
* At 45 mn, you will also be able to taste the delight of a naturally warm water to the Grands Bains de Mônetier (documentation on www.grandsbains.fr)
IN WINTER :
SAINT-CREPIN and GUILLESTRE remain an ideal base camp at the foot of the resorts:
VARS, RISOUL, PUY-SAINT-VINCENT, 25 minutes;
SERRE-CHEVALIER at 35 mn;
as well as the family resorts of QUEYRAS (Ceillac, Arvieux, Molines, Abriès).
You can choose between downhill skiing, cross-country skiing, snowshoeing or superb winter walks.
You will savor the charm, sweetness and tranquility of the chalet at the end of a day spent in the resort or on walks.
Take advantage of the FREE SHUTTLES departing from the Intermarché de Guillestre (5 minutes) and let yourself be transported to the VARS, RISOUL stations.
You will be conquered by this magnificent sunny region in the heart of your senses, in contact with an authentic nature for an unforgettable holiday in any season, which will delight lovers of sport, nature, local cuisine, geology, archeology and history! You will feel a deep sense of freedom thanks to the mountain, the water, the fresh air, the life ...!
Note that in February 2015, the restaurant 'Les Tables de Gaspard' in Saint-Crépin receives a star in the Michelin guide.
Excellent value for money, the restaurant "Chez Lacour" Mont-Dauphin station (3 minutes)