Traditional manor house 5km from the town center. 4 double / twin rooms, sleeps 9
Rosário Sá Coutinho
- English, French, Spanish, Italian
This is a traditional manor house with traditional furniture - please don't take the furniture out of the house. We provide table and chairs for the garden and pool. No top less or nudism in the property, please! NO BAR-B-QUE in windy days, as the house is surrounded by pine woodland and risk of fire is extremely high.
100% refund for cancellations more than 14 days before check-in date. 50% refund for cancellations more than 7 days before check-in date.
A beautiful historic house in a lovely part of Portugal
It was lovely to meet Antonia and her niece Rosario and to have the pleasure of staying in the family home. The house is full of character with some beautiful features and has been sympathetically restored (not suitable, however, for those in need of all mod-cons on holiday - fortunately not an issue for us!). The house and pool were well maintained during our stay. The location was great, just outside the pretty historic town of Ponte de Lima and within easy reach of a good supermarket. Also an easy drive to the mountains, beach and other towns so good for exploring the region.
Picturesque Spot and Full of Character
- A lovely spot with mountain views and a peaceful, pastoral atmosphere;
- The pool is lovely and well tended;
- The manor house provides plenty of space for a family and has a great atmosphere of old-world charm and family history;
- Easy access to various tourist attractions e.g.; beaches, Porto, Braga, Galicia, national parks, horses, vineyards and restaurants
- Very friendly and helpful owners
- Clean and neat
- No air conditioning or fans, not even a window unit or two for the bedrooms on hotter days
- Lack of comfortable/new lounge furniture; much of the living room furniture seems a bit old and has lost its cushion;
- In need of new mattresses on all the beds (current ones are serviceable but are lumpy and hard);
- Bedrooms could use new carpeting
- The kitchen worked well for us but could use a full-size oven for nights people choose to dine-in, and the refrigerator seemed to struggle to maintain its temperature.
Thank you so much for your comments and kind words. We will take everything into account!
Landgoed, fantastische plek
Ruimte, uitzicht, zwembad, mooi oud landgoed met familie geschiedenis met moderne gemakken. Centraal gelegen voor Nationaal Park, Viano do Castelo, strand, Spanje, Braga, Porto. Ponte de Lima is levendig stadje. Aardige familie die de verhuurder is en spreken ook Engels.
From Porto, take the A3 towards Braga / Valencia. Exit at Ponte de Lima and follow the main road that skirts the town until you reach the fourth roundabout. Go straight towards Ash for over 700m and turn left at the EM1254. Continue for 900m until you find the gate of the right-hand side of the home.
Contact the owner