|Minimum Stay||3 - 7 nights|
Slow time down. If you are looking for a great place to enjoy the outdoors and re-connect with family, this is it. Adirondack cottage called “Sparrows Nest” is located at 'The Haven on Star Lake', a campus setting on 40 wooded acres with 300 feet of waterfront. Fully furnished and well maintained, the cottage has 2 bedrooms, a sitting area with a kitchen, large bathroom, and a covered porch that overlooks the lake. The cottage sleeps 6 to 8 and the furnishings are comfortable. Cottage amenities include a small kitchenette with refrigerator, stove, sink, microwave, coffee pot, dishes and cabinet storage. An outdoor charcoal grill is also provided. Renters will have shared access to the Recreation Building which includes a lounge area with TV and DVD player, WiFi, pool table, ping pong table, foosball, and board games. Other amenities on the grounds that are available to renters include: Swimming Beach; canoes, kayaks and paddle boats on a first come/first serve basis; hiking trails; outdoor volleyball court; horseshoe pit and picnic tables.
Star Lake, the 'Gem of the Adirondacks’, is spring fed and known for its clarity and freshness. Relax, fish, swim, hike and enjoy each other’s company. Explore the picturesque lake on a canoe or kayak and anchor at the sandbar. Or if you prefer, simply lounge along the shoreline enjoying day long sunshine. For you golfers, there is also a 9-hole public golf course less than a mile away.
The Adirondack Park is a treasure to be discovered and The Haven provides a great staging area. We are surrounded by the wild beauty of The Five Ponds Wilderness Area directly which comprises one of the largest wilderness tracts in the Northeastern USA, containing 50,000 acres of old-growth timber that provide visitors with a glimpse of what the forests looked like in pre-colonial times. There are miles of marked hiking trails waiting to be walked within a 15 mile radius of The Haven. Bring your bicycles and venture out on local excursions into the peaceful countryside. If canoeing or overnight camping is your thing, checkout the Oswegatchie River which provides wilderness canoeing and kayaking. Public access to the river is only a couple miles away.
Expanding outward, within a short drive you can visit the high peaks region where you'll find some of the most scenic trails anywhere in the country. The new Wild Center Natural History Museum of the Adirondacks in Tupper Lake is just 45 minutes away, and the Adirondack Museum in Blue Mountain Lake is 1.5 hours away. You might also visit Lake Placid, home of the 1932 and 1980 winter Olympics, as well as Saranac Lake. They are an hour and 20 minutes to the east. For the truly adventuresome, some of the best white water rafting in the country is found on the Black River 1 and 1/2 hours to the West. Don’t forget to experience the beauty of the Thousand Islands and enjoy an excursion on the St. Lawrence River from Alexandria Bay, only an hour away. Whatever suits your fancy, you'll find it in the Adirondacks.
The Haven at Star Lake is owned by a Christian family whose mission is to serve children, families and community by providing a fun, life-changing Adirondack camp experience.
Tom and Maria Buckingham purchased this cabin in 2012
This property offers affordability with unique amenities not typically found with individual property rentals. The 40 acre campus provides a true Adirondack experience.
To learn more about the Adirondack Region of Northern New York,
To learn more about some of the attractions available with the Park, visit the links below:
• The Adirondack Park Museum, located in Blue Mountain, is open from May 24, 2013 to October 14, 2013.
• Located closer in Tupper Lake is the Wild Center Natural History Museum of the Adirondacks open from May through Columbus Day. An interactive experience that is well worth the trip.
• For a trip back into the storied past when the Adirondacks were the playground of the rich, make a trip to the Thousand Islands and take a boat trip to see the mansions on the islands. /
• Seeking a little more adventure, try white water rafting. There are several outfitters that conduct trips.
• For a family escape there is the Enchanted Forest Water Safari theme park in the Adirondack Park. Located in historic Old Forge about 1.5 hours away you can spend the day enjoying the spectacular water rides, riding the classic amusement park rides, visiting the petting zoo, and enjoying a family circus.
• For a great day trip, even in summer, enjoy historic town of Lake Placid, visiting the Olympic venues and making a trip to the top of nearby Whiteface
Weekly rental only during summer season, from Sunday to Sunday. All facilities are No Smoking. Pets are not allowed. Fresh linen is available upon request at a rental cost of $15 per set. Bring your own towels and pillows. A “pack and play” is available for a nominal fee. A 10% discount for active duty military families is provided at check-in.