|Space||1,184 sq. ft.|
|Minimum Stay||4 nights|
We aim for your stay at New Holland House to be an authentic Amsterdam experience, not just a rental. Top 10 reasons to stay at New Holland House:
1. Guests rent the entire house. This is extremely rare in Amsterdam - most canal houses have been divided into a number of smaller apartments. There are 2 bedrooms, 2 living rooms (one can be used as a 3rd bedroom), a large dining area, spacious chef's kitchen, 2 bathrooms, a laundry, a quaint patio and more. Basement is excluded.
2. Location, location, location. New Holland House overlooks the famous Pulitzer Hotel (of Oceans 12 fame!). Anne Frank House, "De Negen Straatjes" (9 Streets) shopping area, Dam Square/Royal Palace and the old cobbled streets of Jordaan are all at your doorstep. In all directions, restaurants, cafes, art galleries, boutique retail shopping, markets, Dam Square/Royal Palace are all within the immediate vicinity. A supermarket, tram stop and taxi rank is just around the corner !
3. Picture perfect house - quite possibly the most photographed in Amsterdam! The combination of a 1740s monument old merchant's home, beautifully restored, with vibrant seasonal flowers in the window box provides an instant 'Wow' factor. You will be the envy of the passers by who frequently stop on the Prinsengracht to admire the house, and take a quick snap.
4. Daydream away with the canal views. The house is angled to overlook the Prinsengracht (and the Pulitzer Hotel) and the furniture is designed to maximise the aspect. Gaze out from the vintage French seat on the ground floor, the beautiful French desk on the first floor or the luxurious lounge on the first floor. It is truly captivating to watch the Amsterdammers walk, cycle and boat by New Holland House.
5. Unique character and charm - a masterpiece. As Owners, we have invested significant time, effort and cost in acquiring local paintings, furnishings, artefacts, books and antiques to give the house a cosy lived-in charm. Many rental properties (including expensive properties) have a minimalist approach or leave the shelves empty. This house we have made the way we (and Amsterdammers of old) would like to live there
6. Hotel quality, 5 star Hotel luxury : linen, towels and product are luxury hotel grade (and acquired directly from hotels or hotel suppliers). Cleaning standards are set at the professional hotel level. Many Amsterdam rentals may also look great, but are more economic in the products they use (if provided), and do not invest the same premium in the level of comfort for guests.
7. Wake up and smell the coffee! Coming from Melbourne, top notch coffee is an absolute must. The top of the range Jura coffee machine grinds the beans fresh for each cup of coffee, is simple to use and makes superb coffee - from an expresso right through to a latte or cappuccino ! Few apartments would have invested in coffee like New Holland House !
8. A fully equipped Chef's kitchen. The kitchen is large, spacious and with everything you need, making cooking in Amsterdam all part of the experience - from an extra large 6 burner stove and oven, to a blender, or Villeroy and boch crockery, its all there ! Try visiting the Noordermarkt farmer's markets on Saturdays, or any number of nearby supermarkets or organic markets to inspire you in the kitchen!
9. Amsterdammer bikes included. Guests are welcome to use (without additional cost) the owner's top range Batavas Personal Bikes. These have been selected because they are unisex, reliable, easy to use and easy to adjust the seat height ..... and they look great! The cost of 2 rental bikes would be around Euro 25 per day, and not of this quality. This is a real bonus that is unique to New Holland House.
10. Little extra's and luxuries included. Apart from the bikes, guest also receive a welcoming supply of Hotel style shampoo/conditioner, body wash and soaps. There is also an initial supply of toilet paper, dish washing tablets, washing machine powder, spare garbage bags - even coffee beans for the machine ! Most short term rentals in Amsterdam do not supply all of these items. Although the house may be old, it has been beautifully renovated, and includes modern luxuries you would expect - including high speed internet WIFI, Bluray player (together with DVD collection), and Cable TV.
I am a proud Australian, but with Dutch parents, I also have a strong connection and utter respect and awe for the achievements of my forefathers.
To own a piece of world heritage is surreal and an absolute honour. With every trip, I invest time in the house - retaining its old authentic charm while affording the little modern day luxuries. It has been an amazing experience to furnish the house by walking the cobbled streets of the area hand selecting items that will add charm to the house.
As I live in Melbourne, we cannot stay at New Holland House anywhere near as much as I would like. However, I fit the house out so we feel inspired and can enjoy our stay - I extend the same luxuries and comfort to our guests! I have fallen in love with New Holland House - I am sure you will quickly discover why!
Mark Ekkel purchased this house in 2011
Jordaan is simply an amazing location. However, there are very few stand alone houses - it took plenty of patience to find this gem, but it was love at first sight.
I pinch myself whenever I arrive to think I own this little magic piece of world heritage!
The house just looks picture perfect. People regularly stop to take photos - it may well be one of the most photographed houses in Amsterdam !
As it is world heritage listed, the external facade is here to stay. Inside, the old staircase, the old beams and the quirkiness of an Amsterdam remains, but you have more freedom to add a touch of character and luxury.
Our family of five stayed for almost a week at the New Holland House. We loved it! From the initial reservation to the check in, communications were clear, prompt and positive. The Jordaan neighborhood is the best. After the first night we got used to the church bells ... and the market is not to be missed. Would definitely stay here again.
Exquisite home in a perfect setting--lots to do nearby and close to everything, but since it's just off the Prinsengracht you don't feel the crush of all the tourists (although they do stop by to take photos! who could blame them?). We LOVED staying here, so full of charm and history and light. Wonderful large kitchen and seating area, professional coffee machine and hotel style towels and toiletries, fully-stocked with books and games and movies (perfect for families), lots of space. Very communicative owner and manager. We can't say enough good things; only wish we could have stayed longer!
Handsome decor, full of light, quiet, canal view, fully equipped kitchen, two bathrooms with showers, comfortable beds, spotlessly clean, but typical canal house stairs! Linda was lovely and gracious.
We had a really nice time at New Holland House... Very clean, great bathroom downstairs. Towels and linen are in "hotel style" as said on the site... We heard the bell at night indeed, but we get quickly used to it. The room with the sofa bed is like a 3rd room, with tv and fireplace... Wonderful place to stay!!!
The friendly and efficient welcome by Linda set the tone for a very enjoyable stay in this charming period house. The location could not have been better and enabled us to explore the city and further afield easily on foot, by tram and by train. The house was exceptionally well equipped for a holiday home including really good kitchen equipment. The only hitch was a leak in the master bedroom ceiling during a very heavy rain storm but it was quickly attended to. We are certainly now fans of NH house and would love to return.
This property exceeded our expectations. Everything was as pictured and extremely clean. We especially enjoyed the bath tub on the first floor. The steep stairs did take some getting used to but by the end of our stay we were pretty good at them. Loved the location and history of the home. You will not regret a stay here.
New Holland House is in the historic heart of Amsterdam, in the neighbouring block to Anne Frank House.
De Negen Straatjes (9 small shopping streets nestled between canal bridges) start just across the canal.
The house overlooks the famous Pulitzer Hotel (of Oceans 12 / George Clooney / Brad Pitt fame).
Tram stops, Canal boat stops, taxi ranks are all within 100m.
Supermarkets are within 100m, and a number of great organic supermarkets are in the area.
Fantastic restaurant streets and cool cafes/bars are to be found in the beautiful cobbled streets of Jordaan in the area surrounding the house.
Dam square and The Royal Palace is a few minutes away walking through the 9 streets.
An amazing central location in the most interesting part of Amsterdam.
The Museums, Vondelpark and other areas of Amsterdam are all in walking or riding distance. Luxury bikes (2) are provided with the house.
|Rental Period||Minimum Price||Additional Nights||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event Price|
My Standard Rate
4 night minimum stay
for 4 nights
|Cleaning fee||£80.98 + Tax|
Amsterdammer bikes x2 are available to use (riders responsibility basis) - saves daily rental of euro 10-15 and the bikes are much better than your typical tourist bike. A great way to discover Amsterdam !
Cleaning fee of Euro 95 applies
7 night stays - shorter stays on application
Amsterdam tourist tax (5%) of rental is added to rental charge
Initial supply of soap/shampoo, dishwasher powder, washing powder, toilet paper, coffee beans provided