|Minimum Stay||4 - 7 nights|
Your booking will be backed by our Book with Confidence Guarantee when you complete your reservation online and finalise payment on HomeAway.Learn more
There's Destin West, and then there's a Destin West Resort penthouse - a vacation home that feels like it's been airdropped directly onto the top of the world. Well, if the top of the world could swap its clouds for sun, sea breezes and ocean views.
You'll feel it the first time you summit the spiral staircase to your private rooftop terrace: It's the highest point on Okaloosa Island, and from here you'll have a 360º panoramic view of the island, Choctawhatchee Bay, and the Gulf of Mexico, not to mention untouched beaches and heaping sand dunes. You read that right: unobstructed island, bay, beach and ocean views that stretch north to south, east to west. Or, as we call it for short, "the best view in the world."
Spiral back down to the main living quarters, where the views just don't quit. Unlike many lower-level condos, Pelican's Perch (officially Pelican PH-03, bayside) offers open water views from the master bedroom, living room, dining area, and kitchen, plus peekaboo views from the second bedroom and bunkroom.
Hold. The. Phone. Open water views from nearly every room? You got it. So whether you're lounging in the master bedroom or chatting in the living room or chowing down at the table or prepping dinner in the kitchen, the sliding glass doors and picture windows are the only things that separate you from the sparkling, jade-colored bay that helps earn the famed Emerald Coast its name.
The water views are just the beginning: From the moment you step into Pelican's Perch and the balmy sea breezes tickle your senses, your worries begin to melt away. This is a soothing and special getaway, where you can enjoy your morning coffee on the balcony before the kids get up. A place where you can lounge on your private rooftop, basking in the warm Florida sun. A getaway where you can watch the sunset dip over the horizon, the skyline streaked in a kaleidoscope of pink and purple, as your fresh Gulf shrimp skewers sizzle away on the grill. In a word, Pelican's Perch is striking.
But hey, we know you're not just here for the 360º views, rooftop terrace, and three bedrooms: you're here for Destin West Resort. And we don't blame you. The resort's list of amenities is almost embarrassing, with offerings like a 5,000 square-foot swimming pool, kid-friendly zero-entry (aka beach) pool, two giant Jacuzzis, winter-heated waterfall pool, and the region's largest lazy river. Booyah, we said lazy river. (And it lights up at night!)
Meander across the resort's private footbridge, and you're on a pristine, white-sand beach along the Gulf of Mexico's Choctawhatchee Bay. Rent boogie boards, sea kayaks, or jet skis; sign the kiddos up for resort activities; and sweat off Florida's epicurean delights in the state-of-the-art fitness center. Yes, without a doubt, Destin West Resort is one of the most family-friendly, well serviced, and upscale locales on the island.
THIS CONDO IS PERFECT FOR:
A lot of rentals force you into cookie cutter molds. Not us. At Coastal Vibe Vacations, we believe that every vacationer has the right to a personalized vacation that's tailored to their needs and wishlist. With that in mind, Pelican's Perch is well suited to:
• Small Families: Traveling with a couple of kids and/or a grandparent or two? With three bedrooms and two bathrooms, Pelican's Perch has room for everyone.
• Large Families: Close-knit families that don't mind bunking up can easily sleep parents and up to six kids.
• Families Vacationing Together: The layout at Pelican's Perch is perfect for two families traveling together, easily sleeping two couples and up to three kids.
• Water Lovers: Do you appreciate a good view? Even if you don't need three bedrooms, this condo's spectacular views and rooftop deck make it worth the premium. Oh, and did we mention that the Lazy River, pool, marina and palm trees - all within your view - light up at night?
• Traveling Friends & Family: If you're looking for even larger living spaces, we're happy to book you into both Pelican's Perch and next-door Pelican PH-02, for an additional master bedroom and bunkroom. Be close, yet have your own, separate spaces.
NEARBY ACTIVITIES & ATTRACTIONS:
The condo is conveniently located on Destin's Okaloosa Island, just steps away from a veritable buffet of things to do, places to see, and experiences to live. Even if you spent a few months here, you'd be hard-pressed to fit in even half our list of favorites!
That said, we're also happy to make recommendations for activities and attractions further afield; just let us know what you love to do, and we'll make it happen. We also send all guests our complementary Destin Insider's Guide, complete with special discounts and deals exclusively for Coastal Vibe guests!
Now without further ado, here are a few of our favorite things:
• Destin West Resort: 7 outdoor pools, 3 whirlpool spas, a lazy river, private beach access, children's programs, a fitness center, special winter programs, and more awesomeness await.
• Private charter fishing: Wet your line and experience why Destin has been nicknamed the "luckiest little fishing village," with catches like red snapper, grouper, amberjack, king mackerel, and more. Plan your fishing early, and spend the rest of your stay grilling up your catches!
• Motor boating: Make waves and catch rays! Fire up the engine and cruise down the bay, inquire in quiet coves, drop anchor at Crab Island for an afternoon dip, or follow a pod of dolphins - the bay is your oyster.
• Local beaches: Dig your toes into powder-soft, white sand at any of the 13 public access beach points in Destin.
• Gulfarium Marine Adventure Park: Take the kids (and kids-at-heart) to see dolphins, sea lions, seals, alligators, sea turtles, stingrays, otters and much more. Animal shows and behind-the-scenes encounters held daily.
• Championship Golf: Unleash your skill and swing at Destin's numerous world-class golf courses, including Kelly Plantation, Rigatta Bay, and Sandestin's four championship courses.
• Shopping: If you get the zen to spend, head over to the Silver Sands Outlet Mall, Destin Commons, Harborwalk Village, Baytowne Wharf, and other Destin shopping hotspots.
• Go-carts and Mini-Golf: Go wild at The Track, a recreation center with go-carts, mini golf, bumper boats, bungee jumping, arcade games, and more.
• Day cruises: Explore the Gulf of Mexico, your way - theatre cruises, dolphin cruises, dinner cruises, and more. There's even a pirate cruise to thrill your youngest family members!
• Water recreation: Popular water sports include waverunner rentals, paddle-boating, kiteboarding, parasailing, kayaking, and jet-skiing.
• Other activities: There are bike and jogging trails, the Emerald Coast Conference Center, Big Kahuna's Water & Adventure Park, old-timey Boardwalk, and plenty of other things to do in and around Destin.
• Rainy Day?: Mosey on over to the neighboring Fudpuckers (a one-of-a-kind Destin experience!) and its Fat Daddy's arcade, and see if you can earn enough tickets for your dream prize - or beat my NBA Hoops high score. (Betcha can't.)
ABOUT COASTAL VIBE VACATIONS:
Coastal Vibe Vacations is not some faceless company, so let me introduce myself. My name is David Jenn, and I've owned & managed properties at Destin West for 10years now. I love Okaloosa Island with a passion - a passion I promise I'll use to help you plan the vacation of your dreams.
When you book with Coastal Vibe, you're talking with me. Always, every time. I'll help you pick the perfect condo (I manage nearly a dozen) and will offer recommendations based on you, not some preconceived notion. Our booking process is simple and I'm available by phone, text or email. I promise to go above and beyond.
Well, you've made it this far. What are you waiting for? Just click that yellow "Email Manager" or "Book It" button (on right) and clue me in to your wishlist. I'm looking forward to it!
The space in the condo is amazing! I was really disappointed that there was no hot tub on the rooftop. Master bed mattress is hard as a rock. The pillows were horrible. We like firm pillows. I was also disappointed that the master tub was not a jacuzzi. There was only one roll of toilet paper per bathroom and one roll of paper towels. There were no extra trash bags. So just be prepared for that. But none of that would stop me from coming back. Just things I would know to be prepared for. The beach cart with floats and chairs is great. We didn't use it but it's nice to know it's there. I love that every room has a TV and cable. The living room and bunk room have a DVD player. I love that the refrigerator has ice and water on the door. The water in the lazy river and pool were freezing! But the kids didn't care. My teenager and her friend laid on the rooftop for hours at night just talking. I wasn't really impressed with most of the restaurants. Several of them had kitchen staffing issues and said they aren't usually this busy. They weren't busy at all. Fudpuckers was disgusting when we ate and then we went another day for drinks and they closed at 9 pm. They will never have our business again. But the area is nice and we did have a good time. We had perfect weather and not a drop of rain.
This condo was awesome!!! It was very nicely decorated with lots of room. The lazy river and pool was awesome and the beach was easy to access. We will definitely stay here again when we come to Fort Walton.
The entire property was very clean and well kept. Housekeepers and maintenance were very friendly and ready to help. Pelican PH03 was clean and very nicely furnished. We had a wonderful stay and highly recommend this property. We would definitely stay again in future.
What a great vacation - we rented two units from David Jenn , this one and Heron PH 9 Penthouse. Both Condos were just perfect for our family of 13 - they were furnished perfectly and we had everything we needed to enjoy a week from home. David was wonderful about responding back with any questions we had which made our vacation even more enjoyable. Such as what was the code to walk out on the dock - and an issue with the passcode for the internet - which again David helped us get all set up. We ate in and the kitchen was stocked with everything we needed. This unit has a great BBQ grill and how we enjoyed the lazy river - hot tubs and pool. David even made sure we had the perfect weather while we were there. I must say, PH9 also had a hot tub which we used in the evenings while we BBQ'd and enjoyed the view.
David also lead us to Adventure Marina where we stored our two wave runners we brought with us - Which worked out perfectly - 7 days and approx. $85 and we had 24 hour use and could put in and out which was all included. Perfect place to store a boat if your bringing that also and only about a mile away. We also rented a Pontoon there as well for 5 hours - $200 which included the gas and spent time on Crab Island which was fun for all.
The kids enjoyed the lazy river as well as the adults - only wishing we could have had a drink with us while floating but no drinks allowed - They do need to lift that restriction a little.
The beach cart was really awesome and walking across to the ocean was a breeze - having chairs and umbrella and built in cooler - made the trip across the walkway so easy. The walkway across the highway is a great plus. I love the gulf side because of the lazy river - pools - Picture Perfect
Then we chartered a fishing boat for 8 of the adults - for 5 hours "Just B-Cause" was the name and Capt Ken was amazing. Would recommend him and his first mate Vinney with a 5***** rating. Goggle "Just B-Cause" Left around 6:30 am went out about 18 miles - took 1 1/2 hours to get out there - fished for 2 1/2 hours - and came back with 110 keepers --- and we threw back that many - as fast as you could put the pole back in you had another catch. Of course it helps when all the females caught the biggest fish of the day.. :-) They did all the cleaning and we hauled back to the condo 110 fish - we ate fish the next two nights --- and brought the rest home. 5 ****** rating...
This is our 2nd year renting this condo, and it did not disappoint! Owner/manager is courteous, professional, and attentive. Condo is well equipped and the views are amazing. Thanks again for another great vacation!
We stayed in this beautiful condo April 2nd - April 9th for our son's baseball tournament and couldn't have been more pleased with the unit. The owner answered all of my questions before we arrived and even stayed in touch while were were there. I did have to send him a text message and he responded within minutes!
We spend most of our free time at the pool because the ocean was a little cold, but everyone had a great time! Plenty of great restaurants close by - some great ones in walking distance. Be sure to take the short drive to Destin and walk the boardwalk, it was awesome. We also took a dolphin cruise, it was a perfect day!
I will definitely say that the owner goes out of his way to answer questions quickly. Some of our friends were staying in the same building, we were not impressed with their rooms. However, they came to ours and they fell in love! Master bed is very comfortable, I slept very well!
Thank you for sharing your beautiful condo with us!
*Plus compulsory or optional charges based on actual occupancy or consumption. The payment has to be made in the currency offered by the property manager, before use of conversion tool. Payments in other currencies have to be negotiated beforehand with the property manager. The currency conversion tool is provided for your convenience only and is non-binding.