In the heart of the typical marketplace of CAPO, Casa Balmossière Chartroux has a very long history: now belonging to the ARENA BALMOSSIERE CHARTROUX family, it is located in building dating back to the XIV century; totally renovated at the beginnings of the XVIII century, it still shows the typical features of the sicilian rococò style. Once inhabited by the family of the painter Gaspare Serenario (1707-1759). After a long decline has been acquired and carefully renovated by the current owners few years ago. The apartment huge windows overlook the main street of the lively Mercato del Capo one of the most interesting spots in Palermo downtown, just behind the Opera House Teatro Massimo.
The House BALMOSSIERE CHARTROUX is located on the first floor and its XVIII century atmosphere not only jealously preserves pieces of period furniture but also offers to its guests an antique Harp ERARD dating back to the 1847 and an even more interesting Pianoforte ERARD dating back to the 1861, still perfectly functioning after being restored together with other strange small period musical instruments.